TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Major Brake Dust any fix?

aaronlstiles

Man I love the car, but you talk about brake dust. I might as well have black wheels. Now my question is will it stop? I only have 200 miles on the car and I am thinking they may have a break in period. But none of my other Cobras 03/04 have done that. My first 03, hade it with the rear pads, according to Ford the deal with the 03 was they went with a softer pad for better stopping, maybe the Shelby has the same type of pad. Does anyone know how to fix this? and if yours did this did it stop. Any suggestions?

Hawk Ceramic Pads - 90% less dust. Easy.

I have had several high performance Cobrs, I own a 95 I bought new with 19K miles on it also own a 04 Mystic with 7K miles on it, Neither one of them make brake dust like this thing does. It is unreal, I will try the hawk pads if it doesn't get any better. Thanks for the suggestions, and I do downshift a lot and I don't ride my brakes that is what the clutch is for. This is just from normal driving, I haven't even took it to the track yet, I have cleand them after every outing, and waxed them. Looking for a permanent fix. Maybe the hawk pads are the answer.

A little under 5,000 miles and brake dust is still accumulating like crazy. Only solution is to clean, clean, and keep cleaning. Hell, I've cleaned my wheels on the way to a show, and then had to clean them on arrival too. This is one of the reasons that I don't care for the factory wheels. Too many facets on the wheel to keep clean.

Wash wheels after every drive j/k. It just come with the territory of having high perf. brakes

+ 1

Most cars with high per brakes do this . Take a look at most German cars. Ever look at an Audi's front wheels or a BMW's.

I will probably be getting a dif wheel ,one that will be easier to clean regardless .

Ruf's idea about ceramic pads might be the way to go as long as they don't cost performance.

This might be something worth looking into.

I'm not a brake expert!

If you're going to track the car on the road courses - do some research.

I'm on the street. And these pads make the fairy dust go away!

Geez - only trying to help out here!

Do we have any road racers here that can chime in?

Here ya go!

http://www.hawkperformance.com/

try coating the rims (without getting any on the rotors or pads) with PAM cooking spray.. Old racers trick :shift:

Archived