TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who has installed an adjustable panhard bar?

I'm considering the BMR adjustable panhard bar with poly bushings on the ends. I don't want the Hiem ends because of the increased noise that they will transmit to the body. Anyone install an adjustable panhard and can they tell any difference in handling?

I just got the Griggs panhard rod installed, among a few of their other suspension parts, including the torque arm and coilovers. You can read about it here: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40323

The difference is night and day. I can't tell you how much of that is just the panhard rod, however, as I had all of my stuff installed at once. Good luck.

Ken

I'm considering the BMR adjustable panhard bar with poly bushings on the ends. I don't want the Hiem ends because of the increased noise that they will transmit to the body. Anyone install an adjustable panhard and can they tell any difference in handling?

I have their bar and LCA. Unfortunately, I had several suspension bits installed at the same time so cannot say how much the bar contributed. But, anytime your replace stock bushings with poly and align your rear axle properly, you're adding goodness to the car :)

I have their bar and LCA. Unfortunately, I had several suspension bits installed at the same time so cannot say how much the bar contributed. But, anytime your replace stock bushings with poly and align your rear axle properly, you're adding goodness to the car :)

"adding goodness to the car"

That's what it's all about!

I've got the J&M Double Adjustable Panhard rod from Lethal Performance, but I'm waiting for my car to get home from the paint shop to put it on. This will be my only suspension modification for now. My main objective is just to align the rear end under the car. With the 275's and 20's, the left side is pretty close to the fender. It's never bottomed out, but I'm planning on doing a couple autocrosses this summer, so I don't want to take the chance in the hard right hand corners. I'm not expecting that much difference in handling, but center is always better and should help just a touch.

For our cars, my opinion is that upgrading the tires is the best and first handling upgrade. Our stock BFG's are terrible, especially on the track. I should have taken my own advice on this, but I plan on upgrading asap.

Off topic a bit I know.

Ken

I added the BMR adjustable pan hard rod, the same that you are considering, to my car after having the FRPP handling pack installed for a while. I didn't notice any handling improvement, but I had it added because I couldn't stand knowing that the rear axle wasn't centered on the car.

If I were to do it again, I would go with the Watts Link over the adjustable pan hard. Not only will it center the rear axle, but it will improve the handling of the car. Just my .02

Archived