TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS - Buy Used or Build?

I am trying to decide what direction to go.....what is the consensus on the going rate for a used low mileage 725 hp SS? There appear to be a number of them coming into the market.

Figuring that the upgrade is about 35K and you can pickup a low mileage 07 GT 500 coupe in the low 30's and a brand new 08 GT 500 coupe for about 40K, would a target of 65K - 75K be right depending on the condition and year of the SS? Or is there something that I am missing or forgetting to factor in for the price? Also, does any one think that the locaton of the modification has an impact on the price (SAI vs. Quantum vs Tasca)?

I really would like to add an SS to my garage I just don't know what makes more sense.....

Thanks for the input.....

GT :headscratch:

I am trying to decide what direction to go.....what is the consensus on the going rate for a used low mileage 725 hp SS? There appear to be a number of them coming into the market.

Figuring that the upgrade is about 35K and you can pickup a low mileage 07 GT 500 coupe in the low 30's and a brand new 08 GT 500 coupe for about 40K, would a target of 65K - 75K be right depending on the condition and year of the SS? Or is there something that I am missing or forgetting to factor in for the price? Also, does any one think that the locaton of the modification has an impact on the price (SAI vs. Quantum vs Tasca)?

I really would like to add an SS to my garage I just don't know what makes more sense.....

Good questions

Before you buy an 07 (if you go that route) make sure they are still numbers left. Im sure they are, but it would be awful to buy a 07 then find out the 1000 units are gone

I think your numbers for price are pretty close.

Right now I dont think that where you have the car built makes a difference, but in years to come (way in the future) Being built at SAI, Mr Shelbys Factory, might make it bring more. I dont think it will matter in our lifetime.

It a perfect world you might find a low number thats someone is ready to sell at a reasonable price.

MM

One other option to consider is to buy a 2007 then get the 40th anniversary package with the SS Hp upgrades and Extreme brakes. Since only 500 of the 40th packages are being offered (and not currently sold out), coupled with the SShp upgrades, it will be even more rare than an SS (and cost less). IMHO.

Start from scratch. Pick up a new 08 and send her in for the SShappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif. It's your SS from the start and it helps our economy.

As for which shop does the conversion, go with your gut. I was lucky that I'm close to SAI so it was easy to decide.

Archived