TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Aluminum driveshaft for 2010

zeindog

In the owners supplement under drivetrain they list the driveshaft as being 2-piece aluminum. I did some research and the 2007-2009 owners supplement lists the driveshaft as being steel. Now, I dont recall in the press release anything about an aluminum driveshaft, but I could be wrong.

In the owners supplement under drivetrain they list the driveshaft as being 2-piece aluminum. I did some research and the 2007-2009 owners supplement lists the driveshaft as being steel. Now, I dont recall in the press release anything about an aluminum driveshaft, but I could be wrong.

Someone posted pics of the underside of the 2010. Does anyone have the post or link info to those photos?

I thought the steel was heavier and not balanced like Aluminum - that's why you upgrade to Aluminum?

I don't know, just my 2 cents...

It has to do with rotational mass and moment of inertia as well as the drive shafts overall weight. They are balanced (more or less) the same way. A lighter drive shaft will "spin up" faster but it is doubtful that you would see any significant increases in your vehicles performance.

Colin Sebern

Griggs Racing

Archived