TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Craig's Custom Mustang Bracket

Last weekend I installed my new Craig's Custom Mustang Bracket. Yes, I like in one of those states where front tags are required. This bracket is of very high quality, installs easily, does not require drilling any holes in the bumper, and is easily removable for shows.

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

Wow, looking at that top photo, I see how dirty my grille is!! :blush:

edit - see my sig for the link!

That looks good. I believe he can also custom paint them to match your car.

Will the bracket interfere with the lower grill if it's installed?

I actually went with the silver because it was close in color to the stripes. When the plate is on you can't really see it anyway.

As for the lower grille, that I'm not sure of. It does attach to the inner steel bumper which is located just above where the lower grille would be.

Probably more in NY.

NY Cops do not seem to care. My Father has been driving his 2000 Vette since Dec 1999 and refuses to put on a front plate and never been pulled over for it. He keeps it under his passenger seat in case he is ever asked. He has got a couple of speeding tickets in it and the cops never said anything about no plate.

NY Cops do not seem to care. My Father has been driving his 2000 Vette since Dec 1999 and refuses to put on a front plate and never been pulled over for it. He keeps it under his passenger seat in case he is ever asked. He has got a couple of speeding tickets in it and the cops never said anything about no plate.

Yeah...I keep mine in the car too in case they ask for it.

I'm going without the front plate till I get my first ticket.

+1

On Guam, I have been told that I need a front plate, but I have also had so many cops eyeball my car

and they never said anything. I'll just stay without it until something is officially said.

It is said that the bracket will fit with the lower grill but that you have to have the front bumper off in install it. I will be having some work done on my radiator and heat exchanger that will require the front bumper to come off and will have mine put on then.

Jim

Guest hfrosso
I'm going without the front plate till I get my first ticket.

+1 , first,second,third,.....

Not going to install either,or put a bracket, most of this brackets rub on and damaged the stripes!!

+1 , first,second,third,.....

Not going to install either,or put a bracket, most of this brackets rub on and damaged the stripes!!

This Craigs bracket does not touch the stripes, plus it has a little rubber bumper in the middle which is the only contact with the front of the bumper, between the stripes.

I hear you all on the tickets, but w/ my luck I would definitely get the ticket and get stopped at the least opportune time. Then I'd really be kicking myself. The front tag is just not a big enough deal for me and I like worry free driving!! :shift: The important thing for me was "no holes" and the ability to remove easily for show.

Guest hfrosso

anyway it's good to know that this one does not touch the stripes, as you'l never know if some day i'll going to have to install one of these myself!!!

if i get a few tickets my wife will make me install one for shore!!!

I installed this about a year ago along with the lower grill I got at Quantum with no issues. If I remember right the plate bracket was already on when the lower grill went on. Once the lower grill is installed there is no taking the bracket on and off from what I can tell.

I just ordered the bracket. I also have a lower grill (one that is too long) but haven't installed it yet.

Not to change the subject but I would have thought that SCOTT DRAKE would have contacted all the buyers of the too long grill to say hey our supplier screwed up we will send you a correct sized one. I haven't heard a single word from them I even called Chris from SPP and he tried to tell me there was NO problem with the fitting of the lower grill......

I don't plan on installing the lower grille - eventually, however, I may add a set of these Agent 41 brake cooling scoops & their hoses. These appear to be larger scoops than the SPP's and should work better I would think. I like the more aggressive look of the Agent 47 scoops.

edit - oops - here's the link --> http://www.agentfortyseven.com/S197/shelbyscoops.html

I don't plan on installing the lower grille - eventually, however, I may add a set of these Agent 41 brake cooling scoops & their hoses. These appear to be larger scoops than the SPP's and should work better I would think. I like the more aggressive look of the Agent 47 scoops.

edit - oops - here's the link --> http://www.agentfortyseven.com/S197/shelbyscoops.html

Anyone know how these scoops install?

I keep this bracket (thanks to MrHugger) in my trunk with my plate attached. The two times I have been asked about it by a LEO I have given them a look of shock and disbelief that I forgot to reattach my plate after cleaning the car earlier in the day. Never had a problem nor a ticket.

Check this out:

http://www.break.com/index/police-double-standards.html

:happy feet:

thats funny Jeff, I do the same thing. I have the craig bracket, I keep the plate attached to it in the trunk,

If I get pulled over, the plan is the say I got flagged down by someone earlier that day saying it was falling off and

I threw it in the trunk till I can repair it the next day.

How many guys would have the bracket with no intention of installing.

(apparently at least two!) :hysterical::hysterical:

Archived