TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I have my number. Now what?

SP360

Hey there! My name is Elliot. I'm new here and have a question for you all. I recently purchased a Shelby Durango.(I know, not the most popular thing on this site) Someone had the bright idea to steal the # plates. One goes on the radiator support and the other inside near the cup holders. I have verification that the truck is #163. Is there any way for me to get new # plates for it? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Looks like this(but of course it says #163) http://i14.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/25/0c/64cb_0.JPG

Elliot

Elliot

Welcome to the Team Shelby forums, glad you found us.

Your Shelby Durango was produced by a third party, Perfromance West Group with a license from Carroll Shelby.

While its a longshot your best bet would be to contact them at www.performancewestgroup.com and see if they can help.

On a positive note at least you know what number your Shelby Durango is.

Steve

OK. I finally got a call back from Performance West, they were out of town on business. Ok so here it goes. They were very nice, but unfortunately they are not able to help. They do not have any info of any of the shops or people involved in Shelby Durango project , due to the fact that it was 10 years ago. He did try to recall, but nothing came to mind. Said that the last time they fielded a call regarding the Shelby Durango must have been about 5 years ago. Also said that some of the manufacturers are now out of business, so parts would be hard to come by.

Elliot

OK. I finally got a call back from Performance West, they were out of town on business. Ok so here it goes. They were very nice, but unfortunately they are not able to help. They do not have any info of any of the shops or people involved in Shelby Durango project , due to the fact that it was 10 years ago. He did try to recall, but nothing came to mind. Said that the last time they fielded a call regarding the Shelby Durango must have been about 5 years ago. Also said that some of the manufacturers are now out of business, so parts would be hard to come by.

Elliot

That's a shame that nothing can be done. I get about 4-6 calls a year from folks looking for various parts for the Shelby Durango's. But I didn't even know Performance West was still in business. I have no resources or contacts at all for the vehicles. I've heard a ton of stories and the only thing I've been able to offer folks has been sympathy. About the only thing folks can do for spare or needed parts is to buy a wrecked or salvaged one. Thanks for posting up their response.

Archived