TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone else attending the event at TWS next weekend?

phdpsy

I won't be there next weekend, but I just got back from a HPDE with Driver's Edge at TWS and if it's anything like what I did, you'll have a blast. I never knew what this car was really capable of until I had some track time. Have fun and stay safe.

I won't be there next weekend, but I just got back from a HPDE with Driver's Edge at TWS and if it's anything like what I did, you'll have a blast. I never knew what this car was really capable of until I had some track time. Have fun and stay safe.

Will do.... I just keep reminding myself of two things. :rolleyes: 1- Rubber side down 2- Remember, you have to turn (advice from my drag racing buddy). I know there are several other GT500 owners registered, just thought some might be members.

I hope to be there by 7pm Friday. Exact time will depend on Houston Friday evening traffic. I'm coming over from Louisiana and it is about a 5 1/2-6 hour drive overall. Look forward to meeting you. As avitar suggests, I'll be in a black/wht 07

I'm going to be at the Track Guys sponsored event at TWS next weekend and was curious if any other members here were going to be going. Sounds like a good time to let the Shelby stretch her legs and learn something in the process. B)

Ron & Jonathan Blevins, Dell Hughes, Jeff Lacina (Track Guys) are Team Shelby members and proud of it. We will be hosting the Meet & Green on Friday evening and all Team Shelby Members, family and friends are more than welcome. You do not have to be running at the event to be welcome. Come on out and meet us and your fellow Team Shelby members. You are also welcome to come out during the event. We will have a lunch time drive around that is available to all licensed drivers if you are interested.

We will also have my 08 Shelby GT 500 that has just been converted with the Griggs ST kit by Chicane 23. It now has a double A-arm front end with a torque arm and watts link rear end, coil overs all around, etc. Since we are instructors at the event we are able to take passengers. We will be demonstrating the Griggs system to those who are interested (time and space available) with on track rides. John George and Wayne Manor of Chicane 23 will also be on hand to talk about the Griggs system to those who are interested.

I had a great time Saturday!! I spoke to several Shelby owners but I am terrible with regard to remembering names.

If you are at all curious about the abilities of your car, you owe it to yourself to try one of these track based driving schools.

The one-on-one with a driving instructor is priceless! Learning skills that not only make driving more enjoyable, but that could one day save your bacon!

I have a much greater appreciation of the abilities of this car and a greater understanding of its handling shortcomings:

UNDERSTEER!

Thank you Trackguys.com!!

I'm already scouring the net looking for the next chance to drive this car on a closed course. Moreover, the next time my fiancee

will also be driving her car. The information gained is so enlightening that the next time an evasive maneuver is required on a

public road, I can guarantee that it will be a much less stressful event.

Archived