TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Would anyone trade their Shelby?

powershift46

Would anyone trade in their Shelby for a Roush Stage 1? My local Ford dealer took in a 07 Stage 1 with Roush charger and 13K miles. He is asking 36K. I drove it and it is really fast. Also the the front and rear facias and two tone seats are very appealing. I have a black 07 with 12K and I am tempeted to sit down with the dealer and see what kind of deal we can strike up. I love my Shelby but this is very tempting. Would any one eles out there trade for a 07 Roush?

No way!!

First off, The shelby looks much better than the Roush.

Secondly, the resale values are holding much better for the Shelby than the Roush!

Third, Why not put a supercharger on the Shelby!

I find it hard to believe that a Rousch Stage One is worth 36 K and our 2007 SGTs are not worth anywhere near that. However, Rousch is a great engineer. But there will always be the mystique of the Shelby name. You own a piece of history with a Shelby. And the Shelby DNA. Agree with others. Put a SC on yours and have the best of both.

A stage 1 used for $36k, are you kidding me???? You could get a 427R New for close to that with all the rebates. I would add a Supercharger to your Shelby, actually I am in the process of doing just that.

When I originally bought my Shelby GT I was deciding between it and a 427R. The price was similar. The exhaust note on the 427 is awesome, that is the only thing I liked better. Well that and the fact it was already Supercharged. Every thing else I preferred the Shelby GT.

Supercharge that bad boy and you will leave any Roush in the dust.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! I just Don't like the front and rear of the Roush. Now if I was to build a car or a Street Rod I would use a Roush engine. Sorry to hear you would get rid of your Shelby but to each his own and than maybe some one else cah get into a used Shelby.

Rick

Would anyone trade in their Shelby for a Roush Stage 1? My local Ford dealer took in a 07 Stage 1 with Roush charger and 13K miles. He is asking 36K. I drove it and it is really fast. Also the the front and rear facias and two tone seats are very appealing. I have a black 07 with 12K and I am tempeted to sit down with the dealer and see what kind of deal we can strike up. I love my Shelby but this is very tempting. Would any one eles out there trade for a 07 Roush?

Not trading the Shelby in on anything. Roush Stage 1- appearance pkg, Roush stage- 2 appearance pkg plus suspension pkg, Stage 3 all of the above plus SC. Stage 3 is 430 at the crank. the car is a modified stage 1 and overpriced. Here's and example of a whole lot more newer car, with less mileage, at a much lower price.

Here's a link to the for sale section from MustangsNorthwest. Keep the Shelby.

Roush for sale

sorry but No

One could buy a slightly used Shelby GT and have it converted to a Shelby GT/SC and have more care for less money!!

I bought my wife a Roush stage one redfire metallic 1of 5 in 2005 for her 40th birthday. I added all the bells a whistle to it except the charger and brakes, C&L tune , exhasut wheels and tires 2 tone interior, scoop, painted mirrors, and a whole lot more. It's very beautful and runs 12's all day long, But that being said I won't sell it or definitaly wouldn't trade the shelby for it either, all these cars have a great following, Saleen, Foose, Shelby, Roush, Just depends on who you like and how can much you can put in it and what do you want it to do?, I waited 30 years to get my hands on a shelby perferct car!! But still wasn't happy, Modified it big time, I think it boils down to taste and preference and todays times allow you to have what you want. Keep the shelby and buy the Roush and have for awhile and trade it off for your next dream car. later Mickey

great_shot_of_three_toys.jpg

great_shot_of_three_toys.jpg

I find it hard to believe that a Rousch Stage One is worth 36 K and our 2007 SGTs are not worth anywhere near that. However, Rousch is a great engineer. But there will always be the mystique of the Shelby name. You own a piece of history with a Shelby. And the Shelby DNA. Agree with others. Put a SC on yours and have the best of both.

+1000. Keep the Shelby. :happy feet:

If you have extra cash, Buy the roush and keep the Shelby. When this generation came out, I really wanted a 2005 Saleen, Then I saw the GT500 and loved the look, but I settled on the SGT, mainly because of C.Shelby and what he started in the 60's. I have old mustangs and still to this day would love to purchase a 66 or 67 Shelby, but they are out of reach; I wasn't old enough in 66 to get one (just born) so this time around I can afford one and got one. Dont plan on ever selling it, they can put me in the grave with it, even if it never becomes as unique as the 60's models.

Archived