TEAM SHELBY FORUM

water and hood vents.

Any problems with water getting in the hood vents when washing or during some rain should the the car get caught in the rain. Thanks

I've never had any problems per se. When I wash the car, I first open the hood and lay a large towel over the engine. Then I close the hood. Once I'm done washing I pull the towel out and finish detailing under the hood. Makes for an easier cleanup.

I've never had any problems per se. When I wash the car, I first open the hood and lay a large towel over the engine. Then I close the hood. Once I'm done washing I pull the towel out and finish detailing under the hood. Makes for an easier cleanup.

+1

In addition to the towels, I lay a trash bag on top of the towells (cool enginge, obviously) and it acts as a tray to catch the water.

yeah seems like this would be a moot point just as a question why would you lay the towel down when washing i mean the vents are there wouldnt water get in there if it was raining anyways that is of course if your shelby got caught out in the rain

This winter I got caught out in the rain numerous times and I also worried about it, since I too cover the engine when I wash the car. What I find is at freeway speeds no water gets in the vents since so much air is being forced out. In fact, as you drive, you can see water being blown away from the vents, actually looks kinda cool! Even when idling at a stoplight, the hot air moving out through the vents keeps water from getting into the engine bay. I have covered parking at work, so that's a plus.

I don't cover the engine when washing it. I simply wipe up the water that got inside the engine compartment with a different rag. I'll wipe down the underside of the hood, then the entire engine. As far as i'm concerned, that keeps things under the hood looking rather clean.

Archived