TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th at Laguna Seca

Had a great day on the track. Pushed the car hard all day and learned a lot running in the "B" group. Hooked on Driving really runs a fun low key and safe event. Here's a few pics.

Getting ready, need more Shelbys

Pregrid.jpg

Up the Rahal straight

upthebackstraight-1.jpg

Perfect line :hysterical:

ontrack.jpg

Bad day for the Beamer on turn #3

Air bags didn't deploy :headscratch:

foundthewall.jpg

Very nice pics. What tires did you op for? I had the pirellis put on mine and I'm wondering how the 40th package really handles around the corners and how stable it is.

Pirelli Pzeros that came standard with the 40th package. I'm really happy with how the car handles. This is only my second time out on track so I can't compare to other tires. I held my own pretty well against a good selection of Vettes and Porsches.

Pirelli Pzeros that came standard with the 40th package. I'm really happy with how the car handles. This is only my second time out on track so I can't compare to other tires. I held my own pretty well against a good selection of Vettes and Porsches.

That's good to hear, I was/am a little concerned about the lack of tread on the tires we have on the rear so I've been reluctant to really step on it around corners.

That's good to hear, I was/am a little concerned about the lack of tread on the tires we have on the rear so I've been reluctant to really step on it around corners.

I never felt like the back tires were a problem. I did experience some under steer if I went into or accelerated to quickly in the corners. That may be my driving skills more than the tires. When my rhythm was right I could get on it pretty good and just let the car track out to the edge of the track.

Still thinking about Griggs... :drool:

NICE, you can see your driving her as she is intended. Lots of brake dust on those Razors.

Thanks for sharing.

It's amazing how much brake dust there is. Any idea how long the stock brake pads last under track conditions? I'm going to check them out this week.

It's amazing how much brake dust there is. Any idea how long the stock brake pads last under track conditions? I'm going to check them out this week.

Good question, I'm not sure how long they last. Let us know how yours look after you check.

Good question, I'm not sure how long they last. Let us know how yours look after you check.

9 track sessions on my original pads and they still have about 1/2 to go. I have 9000 miles total. The P Zero's hold great but they don't last long (3 sessions). The fronts are still on back order until mid April. There is a special at the Tire Rack for $425.00 for the fronts. The rears have several sessions left on them.

Glad you had a good time. I LOVE how the car handles after the upgrade. It's jsut a blast. I can't wait to get my car back from having the TSB on the flywheel, tranny, & clutch. The track opens up here in April but I'll still be waiting for tires & TSB.

By the way, great looking car. It's the fastest color!

CSM 0260

I never felt like the back tires were a problem. I did experience some under steer if I went into or accelerated to quickly in the corners. That may be my driving skills more than the tires. When my rhythm was right I could get on it pretty good and just let the car track out to the edge of the track.

Still thinking about Griggs... :drool:

Let me know when you head to the track again ahead of time. I'll sign up also.

Colin Sebern

Griggs Racing

Archived