TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dearborn Event 2009

shel-b001

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know but its been a long winter :cry: Hows the family did you get all the fires put out? Got my TsB done & Frpp shifter in anxious to put some miles on it, are your cars ready? If your out with them be careful of the Kangaroos crossin the road. :hysterical:

I heard the event will be in Aug.

I don't know the date.

It would be nice to purchase airline tickets 2 months in advance and save hundreds of dollars. :happy feet:

One month in advance means we pay full price. For a family of 3 traveling from the west coast it's a big chunk of money that can be saved.

I hope the date is pinned down early.

I know but its been a long winter :cry: Hows the family did you get all the fires put out? Got my TsB done & Frpp shifter in anxious to put some miles on it, are your cars ready? If your out with them be careful of the Kangaroos crossin the road. :hysterical:

I'm with you on getting the date early. I helps a lot when plannig for vacations. Normally at the office, we're asked to provide tentative dates for our vacations in early May. I was Ok last year since I was the only one taking vacations in September, but if it's in August, the schedule may be more crowded and it would be nice to know the dates well in advance. By the way Jim are you planning to attend the Ottawa Show on May 9th?

Hi Jim

Things are going pretty well for us right now. Yer, the fires in Victoria were terrible and I am sure that many will be hugely affected for a long time.

The GT/CS is in Melbourne right now and work ahs started on the conversion. The Shelby should be on the water now and we should see it in about 7-8 weeks. We had to wait for permits as the 12 months previous ownership was on the edge but all in hand now.

Must say, I am getting really anxious to see the cars again.

I attended my first local meet here in Perth the other day and I must say I was really impressed with the quality of cars (and people) that attended. I am pretty sure we will be able to have some fun with the cars here as well.

Hope the knee is coming along and that snow mel;ts soon so you can get out and test that tranny properly and the new shifter.

Enjoy Jim, and best Regards to the crew.

PJ

Eric I`am 50/50 on the one day show but Steve is pushing me to go ,so its a good possibilty I will go. After all Steve may need a ride home , you know how hard he is on the SS.

(Sorry Steve only kiddin)

Thats quite a reputation he has now.........

We should get him to the track before he breaks something else.....

Eric I`am 50/50 on the one day show but Steve is pushing me to go ,so its a good possibilty I will go. After all Steve may need a ride home , you know how hard he is on the SS.

(Sorry Steve only kiddin)

We are working with Ford on trying to get a date. We have asked for the proving grounds, so we'll see what happens.

I know how important nailing down a date is.

Thank You Robert Keep us posted . :happy feet: :happy feet:

• 4 weeks later...
We are working with Ford on trying to get a date. We have asked for the proving grounds, so we'll see what happens.

I know how important nailing down a date is.

Robert,

Any Word On The Date Yet?

Sure would be nice to get that vacation time reserved.

• 3 weeks later...
Sharon or Robert any updates on the Dearborn even`t for 2009?

I will know more next week, we wanted to do this on the 6-9 but Saac is having there event the same weekend, I am trying to work with Ford on these things but with all the cuts it is proving to be more difficult this year to get the tours and such. I am still working with them to try to work something out. It has been a hard year for everyone.

Sharon

I will know more next week, we wanted to do this on the 6-9 but Saac is having there event the same weekend, I am trying to work with Ford on these things but with all the cuts it is proving to be more difficult this year to get the tours and such. I am still working with them to try to work something out. It has been a hard year for everyone.

Sharon

Would that be August or September? I hope September because of the Summit Mustang Show on August 8th.

The 6th to 9th she was speaking of is August, but that cant happen cause SAAC 34 is that weekend.

She is still trying for other dates, later in August or early September......if I understand her correctly.

Yes thank you, I was looking at August 6-9 but that can not happen now with Saac changing there dates. I am looking at the week after Woodward but it will depend all on Ford.

Sharon

Why not have it the same weekend as the Woodward Dream Cruise, 8/14-8/16?

I AM WITH YOU ON THIS ONE. THE EARLIER PART OF THE WEEK IS AWESOME

TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CRUISING WOODWARD WITH OUT ALL OF THE BUMPER TO

BUMPER TRAFFIC ON THE DAY OF THE DREAM CRUISE.

BTW DID I EVER TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE A VERY FAMILAR CSM # :hysterical:

TAKE A LOOK AT MY CSM # IN MY SIGNATURE BELOW.

SCOTTY

If we do September again, which isn't a problem for me, I hope it doesn't rain like last year. Thank god someone from maintenance was there to open the garage for us.

+1 Yeah that was a soggy day but thanks to the gentleman that opened the garage area.

Why not have it the same weekend as the Woodward Dream Cruise, 8/14-8/16?

Earlier that week would be cool. It would make for one week out vacation rather than two. Chances are I wouldn't go there JUST for the cruise so this would be a nice way to do both if possible. Easier scheduling for me...as if that matters! :hysterical:

Archived