TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Obama fumbles at the 5......

I was listening to talk rtadio on my way to work this morning and he was up in arms about the whole thing! Ranting and raving clearly overdoing it.

Even I think this is blown way out of poportion. It was a slip of the tounge meant to be a tounge-in-cheek remark.

No....the point to be made here is that Liberals care NOTHING about people like the Special Olympics kids. Their policies on abortion and selective screening of babies speak VOLUMES on this fact.

Yes, it was a slip of the tongue, a slip in which I believe that he spoke his true beliefs.

No....the point to be made here is that Liberals care NOTHING about people like the Special Olympics kids. Their policies on abortion and selective screening of babies speak VOLUMES on this fact.

Yes, it was a slip of the tongue, a slip in which I believe that he spoke his true beliefs.

Hey I like your thinking on that one.

No....the point to be made here is that Liberals care NOTHING about people like the Special Olympics kids.

Hey ilmor, I'm not part of the special olympics, but I have a learning disability when it comes to writing. My handwriting has gotten neater over the years, but I still type. I'm pretty much, a special ed student and the liberals do care for the special eduacation. I think what you said sort of offended me in a way.

Hey ilmor, I'm not part of the special olympics, but I have a learning disability when it comes to writing. My handwriting has gotten neater over the years, but I still type. I'm pretty much, a special ed student and the liberals do car for the special eduacation. I think what you said sort of offended me in a way.

Supersnake, I do not mean to offend you, or anyone else for that matter. My feelings in this regard are based on the fact that it is the liberals who most strongly and openly push abortion and selective abortion of children who have defects. If they truly cared, in my opinion, they would not be doing this to those children. If you have in fact been aided by certain liberals, then I would commend those individuals for that.

Supersnake, I do not mean to offend you, or anyone else for that matter. My feelings in this regard are based on the fact that it is the liberals who most strongly and openly push abortion and selective abortion of children who have defects. If they truly cared, in my opinion, they would not be doing this to those children. If you have in fact been aided by certain liberals, then I would commend those individuals for that.

Thanks ilmor.

One in the bank. The next Republican gaffe should be accepted by the press if the apology is "sincere". One could only imagine the sh*t storm that would have happened if Bush said something like that.

Remember the Liberal Creed... " You are all stupid. Let us handle it. " And my favorite.. " We make the rules, but only you are suppose to live by them. "

You nailed it. If a Republican or conservative had said that, The ACLU, NAACP, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, New York Times, etc. would be ALL OVER IT.

No, the point to be made here is that EVERYBODY misspeaks, and opportunists love to seize that moment to push their own agenda. It happened here to Obama, and of course it happened with Bush frequently. Happens all the time... People just LOVE to read too much into innocent (but poorly thought-out) statements.

You REALLY think that Obama and all liberals have no compassion for the mentally-challenged? Tell me something honestly: have you ever made a passing joke that referred to the Special Olympics, or used the word "retarded", etc.? Not my proudest moments, but I have. Does that really speak volumes about you or me? Not really. Does it make you a hypocrite? Perhaps.

One in the bank. The next Republican gaffe should be accepted by the press if the apology is "sincere". One could only imagine the sh*t storm that would have happened if Bush said something like that.

Very true.

No, the point to be made here is that EVERYBODY misspeaks, and opportunists love to seize that moment to push their own agenda. It happened here to Obama, and of course it happened with Bush frequently. Happens all the time... People just LOVE to read too much into innocent (but poorly thought-out) statements.

You REALLY think that Obama and all liberals have no compassion for the mentally-challenged? Tell me something honestly: have you ever made a passing joke that referred to the Special Olympics, or used the word "retarded", etc.? Not my proudest moments, but I have. Does that really speak volumes about you or me? Not really. Does it make you a hypocrite? Perhaps.

Obama represents a large group of people (Liberal Democrats). Actions speak louder than words. Liberal Democrat policies, actions (some of which I've described) and obvious intentions say it all regarding their true beliefs about certain groups of people.

I have never made a passing joke about the Special Olympics. I may have used the word "retarded" in my past, but that certainly doesn't make me a hypocrite anymore than (I assume) it does you, because I do care about (and contribute to generously I might add) mentally ill people and other less fortunate people; i.e., MY ACTIONS in this regard show that I care.

Sae the interview with Barnie Frank calling Judge Scalia a homophobe. Just another MISSPEAK I guess.

Oh yeah....sure....no question about that!! :hysterical:

You would not believe what Frank and his group are doing to the state of CT. It makes me embarassed to live here. And they call CT the "Constitution State". What a joke.

Archived