TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We are buying it any suggestion how to work it out?

Tammy

My husband wants to pick up the car. It would be late in the evening the bank the lien is at will be closed. There is a differnece to the owner. My husband suggestion is pay him the difference then if we accept the car the next day complete the transaction by paying off the lien. I think this is reasonable do you guys? I can give the owner proof of approval from my bank that we are secured in financing the car. Of course if we accept delivery we'd want it to be paid off. Any other suggestions? The car is a 15 hr drive away so this is going to be a long drive to get it home to say the least. My husband insists on inspecting the car before we pay for it and i can understand that. Any advise.

Tammy

Tammy, I understand that the drive is long and the bank will be closed. I also understand the "gotta have it now syndrome". With that being said, I would drive down to his location. Look the car over. If it is dark, look it over again in the morning. You are going to need to stay the night in a motel.

You will need to have a cashiers check from your bank of course. Go to his bank with him, and pay the bank to get them to release the title to your bank. Pay him the difference and your done.

I would have your bank call his bank before you go so the 2 banks can get the details of the title transfer worked out. bottom line is that it is going to take you 2 days to do the deal because of the 15 hour drive.

IMO

Rob

I was hoping we could get him to meet us part of the way. Even if it's just a small part. We own three businesses and to be out two days is tuff. We just came back from being gone over a week. We have plans the weekend so we where hoping my husband could go down thrusday to pick it up being met a part of the way would be great so that he could load the car and bring it on back. We would have a cashiers check for the difference of the pay off at that point. We can take delivery and payoff the bank which is a large bank we have in our hometown. Maybe he can just left waaaaaaay early that morning so that the wire transfer can happen before the bank closes at 4. They are an hour behind us. I guess my husband could leave in the wee morning hours like at 4 or so and if our seller could drive and hour or two that would put them meeting up before 4 and have a chance to inspect the car and call back to our bank while there for the transfer to take place. I think that only take like an hour or so. We'll get this figured out guess i'm just thinking out loud for feedback. Never down a deal so far a way before. :)

Archived