TEAM SHELBY FORUM

South bound to Grabberville

dave c

Would like to get a list going of people interested in joining the caravan to Grabberville. :dance:

I was thinking about meeting @the Lynnwood Park & Ride around 6:30 am, for the people from the far north end of the state and BC. Its approx. 3 hours from this point. Probably another stop @ the Tacoma Mall like last year for all the Eastsiders and south of Seattle folks. And any other stops necessary along the way, Olympia ?? Don't have details worked out. If you need any other details, such as motel, let me know. Or open for suggestions.

We have a couple of 2-way radios(most invaluable). We use them when we travel with our Mustang clubs on long distance road trips. It's nice to have one in the lead car and the rear to alert each other for problems. It's easier than cell phones. So if anyone has them, bring them. (Just don't forget to charge them, :doh: )

Looking forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. Half the fun of these events is getting there in a group and watching peoples expressions as we fly by.

Here's the list so far:

Dave c ----- Dave and Sherri

Sgt2666 ---- Ron and Wendy

GTH176 ---- Mark and Linda

Mustangman33-- Jim and Ann

cluscher---- Chris

Hisssss----- Mark and Barbie

Quadshot--- Curt and Kathy

BryGuy----- Bryan

Stalwart---- Stuart and Jane

Lgs--------- Larry and Cindy

Gun Oil --- Win and Sam

dthiess---- Dean

Jimz06GT-H--Jim and Deana

MustangMissy-Missy and Steve

Missy's Dad---Dennis

SGT2666's Dad--Ron Sr

Andy(GTH176',s friend)

mccoystudio---Randy and wife

500PLUS-------Jeff and Christine

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would like to get a list going of people interested in joining the caravan to Grabberville. :dance:

I was thinking about meeting @the Lynnwood Park & Ride around 7 am?? for the people from the far north end of the state and BC. Its approx. 3 hours from this point. Probably another stop @ the Tacoma Mall like last year for all the Eastsiders and south of Seattle folks. And any other stops necessary along the way, Olympia ?? Don't have details worked out. If you need any other details, such as motel, let me know. Or open for suggestions.

We have a couple of 2-way radios(most invaluable). We use them when we travel with our Mustang clubs on long distance road trips. It's nice to have one in the lead car and the rear to alert each other for problems. It's easier than cell phones. So if anyone has them, bring them. (Just don't forget to charge them, :doh: )

Looking forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. Half the fun of these events is getting there in a group and watching peoples expressions as we fly by.

Sounds great. Count me in, coming down from Vancouver, BC. 7am isn't a problem to meet. I have 4 two way radios to add to the trip.

Thanks

Mark

I was thinking about meeting @the Lynnwood Park & Ride around 7 am?? for the people from the far north end of the state and BC. Its approx. 3 hours from this point. Probably another stop @ the Tacoma Mall like last year for all the Eastsiders and south of Seattle folks. And any other stops necessary along the way, Olympia ?? Don't have details worked out. If you need any other details, such as motel, let me know. Or open for suggestions.

What leg will I met up at if the wife and I do this? I am in Marysville. Probley the Lynnwood Park. Do you have how many will be on this yet?

Jim

What leg will I met up at if the wife and I do this? I am in Marysville. Probley the Lynnwood Park. Do you have how many will be on this yet?

Jim

Jim,

You are number 4. Sgt2666(Ron) also lives in Marysville. Maybe you two can come down together, if not Lynnwood would be your best bet.

I'm in! Coming from Everett and will meet up at Lynnwood Park and Ride I guess. Looking forward to going to Grabberville. I'm thinking Grabberville will be for Shelby lovers what Neverland is for kids. :dance: Should be a great time. I also have a couple of radios I can bring.

Got ya both on the list. As we get closer to the event we'll pm phone numbers, so if anybody is running late or something comes up we can stay in contact with each other. We'll pass out any extra radios we have.

Count Barbie and I in for the road trip. We will be joining the group at exit 88 at around 8 am, look forward to meeting everyone, Mark.

Hey Mark! I look forward to comparing our exhaust notes this time around. My Kooks long tubes are in and I just have to finish up my Shelby short throw shifter install and then the x-pipe before I fire it up. I don't know if anyone else at this years gathering will have headers, but there are guaranteed to be two mean sounding Alloy coupes there.

Hey Mark! I look forward to comparing our exhaust notes this time around. My Kooks long tubes are in and I just have to finish up my Shelby short throw shifter install and then the x-pipe before I fire it up. I don't know if anyone else at this years gathering will have headers, but there are guaranteed to be two mean sounding Alloy coupes there.

Mark was hands down the best sounding car there last year, you have your work cut out for you. I don't know that I want to hear either of your cars, it always makes me want to spend a bunch of money :)

Lance, sounds good, I look forward to hearing those Koods on your beast, what mufflers are you running?? I am excited to see that Shelby shifter in person :shift: and seeing how it feels compaired to my Steeda unit, I am also looking forward to hearing about the progress you have made on your Cobra II!

Mark was hands down the best sounding car there last year, you have your work cut out for you. I don't know that I want to hear either of your cars, it always makes me want to spend a bunch of money :)

Thanks Dave, although I remember there was a GT there that sounded sick too..lol. Overall there were so many cool cars, this year will be even better! I really enjoyed the quick stop we all made at the rest area on the way down, all the folks there looking.. :drool: :shades: I will be taking a lot of pics this year as last year I didn't take any.. :banghead:

I just finished having my 3.73s put in!! :peelout: and I am waiting on SPP to get my other items off back order, so this year will be a hoot too, looking forward to seeing you all in two months :waiting:

Cluscher, I had Horsepower Connection - Lacey, WA do my install. Brian the owner brings in a Ford guy to do the gear install so there are no issues. I used FRPP gears, cost was $500.00 I'm happy with the install, no gear wine. This is the same shop that has tuned my car the last couple times and he is good to go, a great shop. H.

Cluscher, I had Horsepower Connection - Lacey, WA do my install. Brian the owner brings in a Ford guy to do the gear install so there are no issues. I used FRPP gears, cost was $500.00 I'm happy with the install, no gear wine. This is the same shop that has tuned my car the last couple times and he is good to go, a great shop. H.

Thanks, good info!

I am thinking we could join in on this instead of taking the usual southern route (I-82, Hwy 97). What's the ETA for the Tacoma meet up? :shift:

Slabo

It takes about an hour to get there from Lynnwood. So we should be there around 8:15 or so. There is construction going on in the greater Seattle area, so it may be down to two lanes which would slow us down. We may have to re-adjust our time schedule. As we get closer to the date I'll check WSDOT website. We should have phone numbers also. I'll be contacting people via PM's for phone numbers in case someone runs into trouble or are running late.

Really looking forward to this, don't forget the cameras and radios, if you have any.

will probably miss you folks; we will be merging on to I-5 from 101 around 2:20 Friday afternoon. Gotta take the boat to get there. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/style_ima...icons/icon8.gif

Thats too bad. I'm assuming you're coming off Vancouver Island and taking the ferry to Port Angeles. Don't forget to check the Hoods canal bridge,that could be closedif you're taking the Edmonds ferry across. Your probably hooking up with I-5 down in Olympia.

Count me in Dave. :happy feet: I'll meet you all in T-Town. No new toys for me this year. I really wanted to get this thing lowered but Mr Obama wants HIS money first... What a Jerk! LOL

What part of Tacoma would be good for everyone to meet up? Tacoma Mall or Lakewood would have easy access to & from the freeway. :shift:

Slabo

It takes about an hour to get there from Lynnwood. So we should be there around 8:15 or so. There is construction going on in the greater Seattle area, so it may be down to two lanes which would slow us down. We may have to re-adjust our time schedule. As we get closer to the date I'll check WSDOT website. We should have phone numbers also. I'll be contacting people via PM's for phone numbers in case someone runs into trouble or are running late.

Really looking forward to this, don't forget the cameras and radios, if you have any.

Sounds like fun dave c. Looks like an early trip to the Starbucks!! :shift:

Sounds like fun dave c. Looks like an early trip to the Starbucks!! :shift:

I'm planning on driving down the evening before, if things change I may hookup with you guys in Lynnwood. We live in Snohomish

Thats too bad. I'm assuming you're coming off Vancouver Island and taking the ferry to Port Angeles. Don't forget to check the Hoods canal bridge,that could be closedif you're taking the Edmonds ferry across. Your probably hooking up with I-5 down in Olympia.

thanks for the bridge up date but we will take the west side of the sound, keep out of the Seattle traffic

Well I was checking with the wife and we have room for 2 couples to stay here the night ( I live south of Olympia) if you want to come down friday and not have to get up so early. maybe Hissses will come over and we can play cards - pool - watch movies , something beside getting drunk. let me know if anyone is interested?

maybe everone can stop here for breakfast?

she loves to cook :shift:

Well I was checking with the wife and we have room for 2 couples to stay here the night ( I live south of Olympia) if you want to come down friday and not have to get up so early. maybe Hissses will come over and we can play cards - pool - watch movies , something beside getting drunk. let me know if anyone is interested?

maybe everone can stop here for breakfast?

she loves to cook :shift:

Adam, that sounds like a good idea, count Barbie & I in for breakfast in the am, then we can hook up with the rest of the gang when they come by. Shoot me a PM when it gets closer if you have guests, that sounds like fun too. Mark.

Archived