TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Open Track - Streets of Willow - May 2 & 3

elwoodboll

The Los Angeles Shelby American Automobile Club is hosting our 18th annual spring open track event on May 2nd and 3rd at the Streets of Willow Springs. Entry fee is only $210 ($195 for club members) for 2 full days of track time (CW without the bowl). We'd love to see a bunch of new Shelbys out there but we're also open to all cars.

For more info and an application, please click HERE.

Thanks.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
The Los Angeles Shelby American Automobile Club is hosting our 18th annual spring open track event on May 2nd and 3rd at the Streets of Willow Springs. Entry fee is only $210 ($195 for club members) for 2 full days of track time (CW without the bowl). We'd love to see a bunch of new Shelbys out there but we're also open to all cars.

For more info and an application, please click HERE.

Thanks.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I sent in my application and money. Is it normal to not hear anything back to confirm that everything is a "go" for the weekend? Thanks.

Jim

Jim:

We don't send out confirms for open track events. We'll see you Saturday morning.

Chris

Sounds good. You guys did a great job at CS86. Looking forward to the event. Thanks.

Jim

Sounds good. You guys did a great job at CS86. Looking forward to the event. Thanks.

Jim

Things are starting to shape up pretty good for our May 2,3 open track. We will have vintage race driver and Ford Representative Gary Underwood as a driver instructor with special guest instructor SCCA Champion RICK TITUS with his 2007 Shelby Mustang GT. We of course will have our regular talented instructors that will make this a great event to attend. If you are in Southern California that week end at least show up at the track and watch.

Randy

Things are starting to shape up pretty good for our May 2,3 open track. We will have vintage race driver and Ford Representative Gary Underwood as a driver instructor with special guest instructor SCCA Champion RICK TITUS with his 2007 Shelby Mustang GT. We of course will have our regular talented instructors that will make this a great event to attend. If you are in Southern California that week end at least show up at the track and watch.

Randy

Sounds Great!!!!

Don

Had a great time yesterday, was truly an amazing experience. I had the opportunity to meet several forum members (It's always nice to place a face with a post) as well as several LA Shelby Club members. It was a bit windy but otherwise the weather was great. Had the opportunity of a lifetime with Gary Underwood, who went out with me for some instruction, thank you Gary I can't believe what a difference his 30 minutes of instruction made.

I'm posting a link to my photo bucket album to share some pics

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/sp...mview=slideshow

I want to say thank you to all the club members who helped to make this possible, I appreciate everything you guys do.

We were at Willow for both days from the opening bell on Saturday to the closing bell on Sunday. Met some great people and, other than the wind, it was all good. It was a great opportunity to run the car hard for two straight days, a total of 14 sessions of 20 minutes each. It was, as advertised, a safe, fun event. I brought my 21 year old son to the event. He had never been on a racetrack and, after being instructed by Maury Gentile (and very well instructed by Maury), went on to have a great time.

Jim

I was very happy to see a lot of newer Shelby Mustang owners driving their cars on the track. There were a couple of 700 plus horsepower GT500's ripping around the road course and several Shelby GT's.

The Shelby GT's are well balanced and they work great around a road course. We had very talented driver instructors available and to the unfamiliar, how would you have liked to have Rick Titus be your instructor? Some of the drivers where not aware that we had "the Rick Titus" on hand with his personal Shelby GT helping out.

The Los Angeles Shelby American Automobile Club has been running open track events for 18 years at Willow Springs and we love to see more of the newer Shelby's attend. We had a very strong group of cars with talented drivers really enjoying their cars. Stock out of the box these cars are great fun and with a few modifications, they fly!

Jim, thanks for coming out with your son and giving him the opportunity to drive your Shelby GT/SC. When my son comes out he has to fight me for the keys! But he often wins and off he goes ripping up the track and helping me wear my tires down and my brakes.

We will post our next open track event on the forum and if you are in Southern California you have to participate. We had a Protouring member tow his car from Canada to attend, but that's because he said it was snowing in Canada.

Our next club event is our annual car show at the Santa Monica Pier on September 19th. Our guest of honor will be Rick Titus. Keep an eye on our website (under construction) at lasaac.org.

Thanks again Randy and the LASAAC group. Had a great time. Meet some great people and loved the BBQ..

Later

DJ

Archived