TEAM SHELBY FORUM

One page from the NY Times ... 9 years ago.

Ilmoor, this is obviously a fake, probably photo shop, or similar trickery. This would lead us to believe the Klinton and the democrats are responsible for the sub prime mortgage and subsequent near total collapse of ecnomies world wide. You should be ashamed of yourself for posting something you know could not possibly be true. Shame on you. Even as a fellow conservative I am ashamed of you! You obviously have no morals, no scruples, no ethics. You are probably really a democrat only masquerading as a conservative on this site.

Didn't Bush and McCain get blasted when they tried to boost "oversight" on these two boondoggle programs?

Yes, but, you know, the truth hurts, and the Liberals are the last people who want to hear it, on any subject!!

WOW...the ultra liberal, left-leaning NY Times actually printing words that would come back to haunt those PRIMARILY RESPONSIBLE (Clinton & Raines) 10 years later!!! I guess Slick Willie knew he'd be out of office and was going to be on E-Z Street with his outrageous post presidential pay (Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and former President Bill Clinton made nearly $109 million (69 million) since they left the White House, capitalizing on the world's interest in the former first couple and lucrative business ventures. The Clintons reported $20.4 million (13 million) in income for 2007 as they gave the public the most detailed look at their finances in eight years. Almost half the former first couple's money came from Bill Clinton's speeches) and Raines would've already made his fortune (Raines' total compensation from 1998 through 2004 was $91.1 million, including some $52.6 million in bonuses, according to OFHEO - Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO), the agency that oversees Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the two big government-sponsored mortgage finance companies) before the collapse of FNMA.

All we can say now is thanks alot Bill and Franklin...you guys sure F**KED the rest of us!!!

Don't forget Gorelick and Coumo and Frank. :)

Gore is an idiot...Contrary to what he thinks, he didn't invent the Internet, global warming doesn't exist and no matter how many times he asks for a recount, he still lost Florida...GET A LIFE ALBERT, you hypocrite!!!

Coumo is a little fish in a big sea of corrupt politicians...I could care less what he thinks or says.

Frank should resign (disgracefully), dig a large ditch, jump in and bury himself before someone does a "Jimmy Hoffa" on him...He is totally unqualified for the chairmanship he holds and I'm sure has more hidden timebombs waiting to explode.

Actually I was talking about Jamie Goerlick who was with Reines at fannie. She got 15 milliion in bonuses and he got 52 million in bonuses thru 2004 when they left after cooking the books.

Frank was in charge of the oversight of fannie and stopped any changes when warned of the impending disaster by Bush. The videos can be easily found on you tube.

Coumo was also responsible for oversight but since has moved on to other destructive acrtivities.

As far as "Gore is an idiot...", I agree and his con game will probably be more costly than the financial mess the others created. His destruction tool will be called cap and trade.

And all the democrats will say, yea, verily.

...and everybody complains about AIG and other CEO bonuses and all, but yet all these morons that actually caused this whole mess get away with no punishment whatsoever!

And lets not forget her warrantless physical searches she upheld and argued in court stating that FISA didn't apply. Note I said physical, not listenning to conversations like Clinton did and the libs bitched about when Bush followed.

"The Department of Justice believes, and the case law supports, that the president has inherent authority to conduct warrantless physical searches for foreign intelligence purposes," Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee on July 14, 1994, "and that the President may, as has been done, delegate this authority to the Attorney General."

"It is important to understand," Gorelick continued, "that the rules and methodology for criminal searches are inconsistent with the collection of foreign intelligence and would unduly frustrate the president in carrying out his foreign intelligence responsibilities"

Getting the bad guys like Aldrich Ames without a warrant was OK back then. Now that Bush is out of office, it appears to be all good once more.

But then, these facts are taking us off topic.

Archived