TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our New Puppy

Hello All,

As some of might know I had a 16.5 year old dog named Gypsy who I had to put to sleep on Sept 22nd the night before we left for our trip to Terlingua for the Shelby Bullrun. Its been almost 6 months since we lost her and decided its time to get another family member.

I had noticed that team shelby had put a link for adopt a pet on the site so I thought I would just check it out and was shocked to see how many pets needed adoption so I used their handy search field and located some puppies that needed a new home which were located at a shelter about 15 minutes from our home so I decided to head on down there and check the little guys out. The mother had 7 pups and there were 5 of them left at the shelter. When I went in 4 of them came running up to me all excited but one little skinny one stayed in the back she was very mellow and my eyes kept going to the her; she was the runt of the litter, she had a piece of tape around her neck with her name courtney written on it. I asked to see courtney and as soon as I held her I knew that this was the dog.

So I waited in town for a couple hours until Sarah was finished working for the day; we went and picked up our 3 year old daughter at daycare and headed to the shelter. I pointed out Courtney but Sarah didn't seem to intersted because she was so skinny then I started mentioning that she probably would be a very good companion for our daughter since she was so mellow. We took Courtney into a room and hung out with her for 15 minnutes we couldn't believe how nice and mellow she was for a puppy all she wanted to do was lay on our laps and give our daughter little puppy kisses. Sarah said "Yes I think this is the one" I agreed but to be sure we chose another puppy to visit with but this one was all over the place knocking our daughter over and just being a wild puppy so that made our decision to choose Courtney.

We have had her for a couple days and she is perfect for our family. She had one peeing accident which happened to be in my bathroom downstairs which wouldn't have been too bad because its tile but I am a bit messy sometimes and left my Shelby Bash Vegas Shirt on the floor which looked like a nice place for her to take her first pee in the house UuGGHHH oh well she is just a puppy and its going to take a while to train her. She was born on Dec 23rd 2008 so she is less than 3 months old

Anyways its nice to have another pet again and its going to be alot of work training her but it will be worth it. We are not sure of her breed since they didn't really know but she sure is cute. We are not going to keep the name Courtney which I personally do not mind but Sarah says no so we have been trying to figure out a name for her and can not come up with anything. I suggested SHELBY but she flat out says NO WAY then I suggested supersnake or Cobra or Cleo but all of these are a big fat NO so I guess this is going to be tough so I thought I would have some fun with this and ask all of you for your suggestions here are a couple pics of her so if you have any suggestions please post away.

n770734492_2282052_2455881.jpg

n770734492_2288222_6076740.jpg

loake - the norris god of mischif

I think we have a name for our puppy; her is PUKKA which is pronounced pucker. Sarah is English and in England Pukka means (Good) its a slang word. Like for instance if you just had a killer meal you would say "That meal was really Pukka"

Those crazy Brits have some strange slang words.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I think we have a name for our puppy; her is PUKKA which is pronounced pucker. Sarah is English and in England Pukka means (Good) its a slang word. Like for instance if you just had a killer meal you would say "That meal was really Pukka"

Those crazy Brits have some strange slang words.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Congrats on your new puppy...Sorry for your previous loss...

Cuddles would be a cute name...she looks like a real cuddler!

Archived