TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our New Puppy

Hello All,

As some of might know I had a 16.5 year old dog named Gypsy who I had to put to sleep on Sept 22nd the night before we left for our trip to Terlingua for the Shelby Bullrun. Its been almost 6 months since we lost her and decided its time to get another family member.

I had noticed that team shelby had put a link for adopt a pet on the site so I thought I would just check it out and was shocked to see how many pets needed adoption so I used their handy search field and located some puppies that needed a new home which were located at a shelter about 15 minutes from our home so I decided to head on down there and check the little guys out. The mother had 7 pups and there were 5 of them left at the shelter. When I went in 4 of them came running up to me all excited but one little skinny one stayed in the back she was very mellow and my eyes kept going to the her; she was the runt of the litter, she had a piece of tape around her neck with her name courtney written on it. I asked to see courtney and as soon as I held her I knew that this was the dog.

So I waited in town for a couple hours until Sarah was finished working for the day; we went and picked up our 3 year old daughter at daycare and headed to the shelter. I pointed out Courtney but Sarah didn't seem to intersted because she was so skinny then I started mentioning that she probably would be a very good companion for our daughter since she was so mellow. We took Courtney into a room and hung out with her for 15 minnutes we couldn't believe how nice and mellow she was for a puppy all she wanted to do was lay on our laps and give our daughter little puppy kisses. Sarah said "Yes I think this is the one" I agreed but to be sure we chose another puppy to visit with but this one was all over the place knocking our daughter over and just being a wild puppy so that made our decision to choose Courtney.

We have had her for a couple days and she is perfect for our family. She had one peeing accident which happened to be in my bathroom downstairs which wouldn't have been too bad because its tile but I am a bit messy sometimes and left my Shelby Bash Vegas Shirt on the floor which looked like a nice place for her to take her first pee in the house UuGGHHH oh well she is just a puppy and its going to take a while to train her. She was born on Dec 23rd 2008 so she is less than 3 months old

Anyways its nice to have another pet again and its going to be alot of work training her but it will be worth it. We are not sure of her breed since they didn't really know but she sure is cute. We are not going to keep the name Courtney which I personally do not mind but Sarah says no so we have been trying to figure out a name for her and can not come up with anything. I suggested SHELBY but she flat out says NO WAY then I suggested supersnake or Cobra or Cleo but all of these are a big fat NO so I guess this is going to be tough so I thought I would have some fun with this and ask all of you for your suggestions here are a couple pics of her so if you have any suggestions please post away.

n770734492_2282052_2455881.jpg

n770734492_2288222_6076740.jpg

Hello All,

As some of might know I had a 16.5 year old dog named Gypsy who I had to put to sleep on Sept 22nd the night before we left for our trip to Terlingua for the Shelby Bullrun. Its been almost 6 months since we lost her and decided its time to get another family member.

I had noticed that team shelby had put a link for adopt a pet on the site so I thought I would just check it out and was shocked to see how many pets needed adoption so I used their handy search field and located some puppies that needed a new home which were located at a shelter about 15 minutes from our home so I decided to head on down there and check the little guys out. The mother had 7 pups and there were 5 of them left at the shelter. When I went in 4 of them came running up to me all excited but one little skinny one stayed in the back she was very mellow and my eyes kept going to the her; she was the runt of the litter, she had a piece of tape around her neck with her name courtney written on it. I asked to see courtney and as soon as I held her I knew that this was the dog.

So I waited in town for a couple hours until Sarah was finished working for the day; we went and picked up our 3 year old daughter at daycare and headed to the shelter. I pointed out Courtney but Sarah didn't seem to intersted because she was so skinny then I started mentioning that she probably would be a very good companion for our daughter since she was so mellow. We took Courtney into a room and hung out with her for 15 minnutes we couldn't believe how nice and mellow she was for a puppy all she wanted to do was lay on our laps and give our daughter little puppy kisses. Sarah said "Yes I think this is the one" I agreed but to be sure we chose another puppy to visit with but this one was all over the place knocking our daughter over and just being a wild puppy so that made our decision to choose Courtney.

We have had her for a couple days and she is perfect for our family. She had one peeing accident which happened to be in my bathroom downstairs which wouldn't have been too bad because its tile but I am a bit messy sometimes and left my Shelby Bash Vegas Shirt on the floor which looked like a nice place for her to take her first pee in the house UuGGHHH oh well she is just a puppy and its going to take a while to train her. She was born on Dec 23rd 2008 so she is less than 3 months old

Anyways its nice to have another pet again and its going to be alot of work training her but it will be worth it. We are not sure of her breed since they didn't really know but she sure is cute. We are not going to keep the name Courtney which I personally do not mind but Sarah says no so we have been trying to figure out a name for her and can not come up with anything. I suggested SHELBY but she flat out says NO WAY then I suggested supersnake or Cobra or Cleo but all of these are a big fat NO so I guess this is going to be tough so I thought I would have some fun with this and ask all of you for your suggestions here are a couple pics of her so if you have any suggestions please post away.

Oh My God She is do CUTE !!!!!!!

Congrats on the new puppy, runts always make great pets! I also commend you for going to your local shelter instead of a pet store/puppy mill!

Is your daughter talking yet? If so why not let her name the dog? It would be so funny if the dog ends up with a name like peanut butter? If that doesn't work how about BaBa Booey?

Baby Booey!

Congrats and way to go using the local shelter. Our last two dogs and last 2 cats came from shelters. I was not really a cat person but our current cat must have been the runt as he was so small. He his my best buddy and runs to greet me at the door when he hears me pull in to the garage. He will strart purrring at the sound of my voice when I walk in to a room.

How about a name like Lucky or Lady Luck since she is obviously lucky to be adopted by your family. It also has a round about connection to Vegas, keeping the Shelby theme alive.

I would name her "Bash".

Short for Shelby Bash. She indicated her wants by peeing on your shirt. :hysterical:

Short for Bashful. Which she is. :cry:

Short for what your in for, "Bash", crash, boom! :censored:

Pound Pups usually make great dogs. :happy feet:

:shift:

:lurk:

Hello All,

Your family lost Gypsy before you went to Terlingua. The tragic loss the young women from Lajitas Resort's Equestrian Center.

The name Courtney works out perfect.

I have a few names for ya if you want to be car related;

Mustang

Shelby

GT

All have been names of my dogs -

The wife wouldnt allow me to name the newest one 500 -

I think you see where I was going with that huh

- but the oldest dog "mustang" is 11 years old and my newest is 1 yr old.

So I named the newest dog -"Cleo"

And the GT500 "Cloe"

Cloe is the hotty on Smallville - so I kept theM kinda related - since I wanted to name her 500 anyway -but the wife and kids just said NO!

01C4ute puppy , looks like she is going to be big. Possible some great dane in there?

Shelby was the first thing that came to mind but no go huh? After looking a little longer how about Molly :shrug: Yeah I think she is going to be really tall. They claim she is half shepard and collie but all the dogs in the shelter had that as their breed so I think they just say that as a generic breed for all the dogs.

Yeah I really would like to call her Shelby but Sarah says there is enough Shelby things around our house. Molly is a nice name will add that to list.

Beautiful pup. A friend of mine named her dog, "Harley". I kinda like that.

Yeah I like Harley as well we will add that to the list.

Oh My God She is do CUTE !!!!!!

Thanks Sharon yeah I couldn't resist her cuteness and Thanks for putting the adopt a pet link on the site

Congrats on the new puppy, runts always make great pets! I also commend you for going to your local shelter instead of a pet store/puppy mill!

Is your daughter talking yet? If so why not let her name the dog? It would be so funny if the dog ends up with a name like peanut butter? If that doesn't work how about BaBa Booey?

Thanks. I think that mixed breeds make great pets plus its nice to help one out that is in the shelter. Savannah has been talking for a long time she cant decide either, peanut butter and BaBa Booey is funny but not too sure about either of them. Baba Booey reminds me of Howard Stearn.

Congrats and way to go using the local shelter. Our last two dogs and last 2 cats came from shelters. I was not really a cat person but our current cat must have been the runt as he was so small. He his my best buddy and runs to greet me at the door when he hears me pull in to the garage. He will strart purrring at the sound of my voice when I walk in to a room.

How about a name like Lucky or Lady Luck since she is obviously lucky to be adopted by your family. It also has a round about connection to Vegas, keeping the Shelby theme alive.

I always recommend Shelters I got previous dog Gypsy from some who was about to bring her to a shelter. I never was a cat person either but an thinking about getting an outside one for all the mice we live on 3 acres in the country and there are a million mice and moles.

Lucky is a really nice name we will add that to the list. Thanks for suggesting it.

Peed on the shirt?

"Puddles" seems appropriate.

Good for you on the dog! Sometimes the name comes later. We must have had our dog for weeks before we finally settled on "Maggie". Our outdoor cat had about 5 names before "Pooter" finally stuck.

Thanks Stump breaker we like the name puddles but so far she has only peed once in the house she actually is really good about going outside I think she is going to be easy to train. I bet its going to take a while before we come up with the official name. Puddles is on the list Thanks for the suggestion.

I would name her "Bash".

Short for Shelby Bash. She indicated her wants by peeing on your shirt. :hysterical:

Short for Bashful. Which she is. :cry:

Short for what your in for, "Bash", crash, boom! :censored:

Pound Pups usually make great dogs. :happy feet:

:shift:

:lurk: I like Bash after all she did mark her territory on my Vegas Shirt. We will definitely put that on the list.

Your family lost Gypsy before you went to Terlingua. The tragic loss the young women from Lajitas Resort's Equestrian Center.

The name Courtney works out perfect.

Yeah I know the girls name at the equestrian centers name was Courtney which was one of the reasons why I had choosen our new puppy and I would love to keep her name as Courtney but Sarah says she doesn't like the name I asked her if it was because that was the name of the girl that died, she claims that it has nothing to do with it but I think it has something to do with why she wants to change her name.

Bill and I went to a memorial service for Courtney on that Sunday afternoon after the event and then we went on a sunset ride with OK that evening it was really an emotional ride. I have some amazing photos from that evening

She is a sweetie!

How about Katy or Carly

Thanks msmap she is a sweetie. Not to sure about Katy or Carly Sarah doesn't really want human names, which I dont understand. Its alot tougher to come up with a name when you have 3 people deciding.

I have a few names for ya if you want to be car related;

Mustang

Shelby

GT

All have been names of my dogs -

The wife wouldnt allow me to name the newest one 500 -

I think you see where I was going with that huh

- but the oldest dog "mustang" is 11 years old and my newest is 1 yr old.

So I named the newest dog -"Cleo"

And the GT500 "Cloe"

Cloe is the hotty on Smallville - so I kept theM kinda related - since I wanted to name her 500 anyway -but the wife and kids just said NO!

Yes that is the problem no matter what I suggest they both say NO I guess they like to gang up on dad. I really like Cleo I will add that to the list but sarah doesn't want human names.

n770734492_2291355_5870246.jpg

2663_71675059492_770734492_2291363_5645872_n.jpg

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Here are a few traits about her, She has supeer long legs. All she wants to do is cuddle and is really frisky when she first wakes up. She has black toe nails on her front paws and white toe nails on the back paws . Her tail is incredibly long and her nose looks like it was dipped in chocolate.

The taller dish was for our old dog Gypsy we just left it knowing we were going to get another dog. We bought the puppy her own water feeder and bowl but she would rather climb up on the raised food and drink dish. I think she is going to be really tall and skinny.

Don't think these will work for dogs, but my cats are named Mr. Bigglesworth and Foxy Cleopatra (always gets a chuckle at the vets).

Because of the chocolate nose you mentioned, how about Coco?

Archived