TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LOW OIL PRESSURE WARNING

Occassionally, the low oil pressure warning comes on. Yet, the stock gauge, as well as the new center oil pressure gauge does not indicate low. As a matter of fact, the oil pressure is usually between 50-78 PSI.

Maybe the wiring got messed up when it was upgraded to SS?

Any suggestions?

When does the light come on..at cold start or when the engine is hot?

If it's after a cold start, and you haven't already done so, turn off the engine, let the car sit for 30 or so minutes and then check the oil level via the dip stick. You may be just shy on the oil. Not enough to screw with the gauges but enough to trip the light.

If the light just goes on and off with no apparent link to engine stops and starts or hard running then it is probably something with the wiring or a bad sending unit.

Good luck....

GT

Thanks Gt...

It's on cold start only. The first thing I did was check oil, and it is a bit shy, but still reads between the 2 holes in the dipstick. The manual states not to add oil if it's between the 2 holes. Should I still add a very little?

What are we using? Any Full Syn, 5-50W?

Thanks Gt...

It's on cold start only. The first thing I did was check oil, and it is a bit shy, but still reads between the 2 holes in the dipstick. The manual states not to add oil if it's between the 2 holes. Should I still add a very little?

What are we using? Any Full Syn, 5-50W?

Just curious if you take the car to the dealership to get serviced if this problem will be covered under warranty. I would think so since it isn't a problem with the drive train directly but let us know.

Archived