TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alcoa SS Wheel Care

To all of you who have had your SS's for a while, how easy is it to take care of the Alcoa wheels? The web site states there is some miracle finish on the wheels and that polishing them is not required and I am wondering if this is true. I think it was Enis that posted he used a non-ammonia cleaner on them after washing to shine them up.

My car is two weeks into the process in Vegas. Hopefully it will be complete the first week of May.

JW

My experience with these wheels is that they have a very thin layer of laquer/clear coat and in places mine were flaking.

To add to this my wheels were chipped by the wicked salt that our wonderful country puts on our roads in the winter. Salt as you're aware is highly corrosive and attacked the finish within days.

So wash them regularly.

To all of you who have had your SS's for a while, how easy is it to take care of the Alcoa wheels? The web site states there is some miracle finish on the wheels and that polishing them is not required and I am wondering if this is true. I think it was Enis that posted he used a non-ammonia cleaner on them after washing to shine them up.

My car is two weeks into the process in Vegas. Hopefully it will be complete the first week of May.

JW

The "SHELBY FORGED" and "SUPER SNAKE" lettering is the most time consuming of the wheel clean-up.

R

Archived