TEAM SHELBY FORUM

W O W

165MPHGT500

11/11/06

Ladies and Gents,

My wife and I picked up our Snake Friday morning and drove it about a 1000 miles home.

The dealer was great. Shortly after arriving at the dealer, I got to fire her up and listen to the exhaust. It didn't sound much different than that of a regular GT. The dealer let us witness the PDI and I have some nice pictures from underneath the car. After the inspection the mechanic and my wife and I went for a test drive. After a short drive of about a mile, the mechanic pulled over and it was my turn behind the wheel. I could tell then, that this car was something very special.

That tame sound of the exhaust witnessed earlier, quickly changed once we had the car on the road and gave it some throttle. Not outrageously load but a nice head turning growl. The blower was the sound that really set her apart. When it kicks in and begins to whine, you feel yourself pressed hard into the seat. MAN O' MAN what a thrill.

On the trip home, third gear was probably my favorite; however, 4th, 5th, and 6th weren't bad either. Oh . . . did I forget to mention first and second.

We drove the car easy for the trip home with frequent half throttle burst and she responded unbelievably. What a car . . . I can reconfirm what others have posted for those of you still waiting; you won't be able to remember your pain and suffering once you get to drive your Cobra.

I woke this morning after getting in at 2:30 AM, thinking it was all a dream. I quickly got up and checked the garage to find it wasn't a dream. I knew then that I needed to go for another drive. This is why the car in the pictures I've posted is not real clean. Driving the car took priority over cleaning the car. I know you will all understand . . .

During this afternoon's drive we got many looks. One guy came past us, looked back, slowed down until we passed him and then pull passed us for one final look. Another couple of guys must have passed us and realized what we were driving. They slowed and took pictures with a cell phone from the front and back before giving us the thumbs up. I have read others have had similar experiences but this kind of reaction from passer-bys makes you realize just how special a vehicle you now own.

More to come later . . . Right now I have to go run an errand . . . Heh . . . Heh . . . Heh . . . :shift:

:speedie:

post-7480-1163310073_thumb.jpgpost-7480-1163310137_thumb.jpgpost-7480-1163310175_thumb.jpgpost-7480-1163310217_thumb.jpg

If you look closely you can see my only planned mandatory upgrade attached to the windshield. It has saved this old coot too many times not to use it with this 500 HP hissing SSSSSNAKE.

post-7480-1163310073_thumb.jpg

post-7480-1163310137_thumb.jpg

post-7480-1163310175_thumb.jpg

post-7480-1163310217_thumb.jpg

11/11/06

Ladies and Gents,

My wife and I picked up our Snake Friday morning and drove it about a 1000 miles home.

The dealer was great. Shortly after arriving at the dealer, I got to fire her up and listen to the exhaust. It didn't sound much different than that of a regular GT. The dealer let us witness the PDI and I have some nice pictures from underneath the car. After the inspection the mechanic and my wife and I went for a test drive. After a short drive of about a mile, the mechanic pulled over and it was my turn behind the wheel. I could tell then, that this car was something very special.

That tame sound of the exhaust witnessed earlier, quickly changed once we had the car on the road and gave it some throttle. Not outrageously load but a nice head turning growl. The blower was the sound that really set her apart. When it kicks in and begins to whine, you feel yourself pressed hard into the seat. MAN O' MAN what a thrill.

On the trip home, third gear was probably my favorite; however, 4th, 5th, and 6th weren't bad either. Oh . . . did I forget to mention first and second.

We drove the car easy for the trip home with frequent half throttle burst and she responded unbelievably. What a car . . . I can reconfirm what others have posted for those of you still waiting; you won't be able to remember your pain and suffering once you get to drive your Cobra.

I woke this morning after getting in at 2:30 AM, thinking it was all a dream. I quickly got up and checked the garage to find it wasn't a dream. I knew then that I needed to go for another drive. This is why the car in the pictures I've posted is not real clean. Driving the car took priority over cleaning the car. I know you will all understand . . .

During this afternoon's drive we got many looks. One guy came past us, looked back, slowed down until we passed him and then pull passed us for one final look. Another couple of guys must have passed us and realized what we were driving. They slowed and took pictures with a cell phone from the front and back before giving us the thumbs up. I have read others have had similar experiences but this kind of reaction from passer-bys makes you realize just how special a vehicle you now own.

More to come later . . . Right now I have to go run an errand . . . Heh . . . Heh . . . Heh . . . :shift:

I guess the picture files too big. Update coming as soon as I can make these smaller.

Congrats 165! I can feel the excitment from within as I too have just gotten mine as of Tuesday. Be careful you here, She's a wild beast just waiting to tame you :hysterical:

Congrats 165! I can feel the excitment from within as I too have just gotten mine as of Tuesday. Be careful you here, She's a wild beast just waiting to tame you :hysterical:

CW,

You know how unbelievable the wait was. And now I know what you found out once behind the wheel. I just can't keep this Pony corralled. She just wants to run free. Taming me . . . ? I lost that battle very early on.

:burnout:

Hey 165mph,

congrats,great story,great pics and sounds like a truely great car,my good wishes

to you,enjoy the car and all the great memories it gives you,life is short,STAY UP LATE!!!!!!!!

great color combo,i have the same one on the way,more pics when she's all cleaned up please.

Larry

11/11/06

Ladies and Gents,

post-7480-1163310073_thumb.jpgpost-7480-1163310137_thumb.jpgpost-7480-1163310175_thumb.jpgpost-7480-1163310217_thumb.jpg

If you look closely you can see my only planned mandatory upgrade attached to the windshield. It has saved this old coot too many times not to use it with this 500 HP hissing SSSSSNAKE.

165MPH, very nice...but where are you from? Seems like no one in this forum likes to reveal much information about themselves...where they're from, what they do, etc.

Seems like no one in this forum likes to reveal much information about themselves...where they're from, what they do, etc.

Could be smokies monitering the site..... :headspin:

Congrats man , I love the color , looks great with the tungsten . Mine should be arriving in one to three weeks . I can't wait.

By the way what radar detector do you have ? That should have been standard equipment with this car. George.....

SVTBird,

Thank you, I love the color too and so has everyone that's seen it. The radar detector is a Valentine One. It's nice to know which direction to look . . . and yes, it should be standard equipment.

165MPH,

Nice colors. I love the combo you picked. The power and whine you speak of, I am waiting to experience myself. Thanks for the Photos. Keep it under 165MPH if you can.

Thanks Rob,

I havent quiiiiiiiiite got there yet!

Congrats, 165!!! That's my color. I can't wait to take delivery myself.

:happy feet: :headspin: :hyper:

RP,

You won't remember a thing . . . and the color combo is beautiful. Soooooo many looks each time I take her out. Your day is coming . . .

My heartiest CONGRATULATIONS to you 165MPH!!! I know you will continue to enjoy your Shelby. I really only gets better.

Believe it or not, you start to get used to the 500+hp and crave more.

Enjoy! It looks GREAT!

G

G,

I suspect that ET in your signature was w/o the TCS on and you weren't asleep at the tree either. Your's still a stock rearend, tune, pulley, etc?

Congrats man , I love the color , looks great with the tungsten . Mine should be arriving in one to three weeks . I can't wait.

By the way what radar detector do you have ? That should have been standard equipment with this car. George.....

I saw your car and had to say hi. My vista blue with white stripes just got here tonight. I will be traveling about 60 miles to pick it up tomorror.

You ask about radar and Valentine One is the best I have ever used.

I saw your car and had to say hi. My vista blue with white stripes just got here tonight. I will be traveling about 60 miles to pick it up tomorror.

You ask about radar and Valentine One is the best I have ever used.

Right on Cobra, you're gonna have a LLLLLLOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGG sleepless night. You might as well drive over there now and just sit in your car and look at your new beast for 6 or 8 hours until it's your time.

Congrats to you too!! :D

Right on Cobra, you're gonna have a LLLLLLOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGG sleepless night. You might as well drive over there now and just sit in your car and look at your new beast for 6 or 8 hours until it's your time.

Congrats to you too!! :D

I thought real hard about making a trip tonight just to look. I have been working on this for a year and half and can wait one more night. Thanks for the encouragement.

I thought real hard about making a trip tonight just to look. I have been working on this for a year and half and can wait one more night. Thanks for the encouragement.

Man are you in for the treat of your life. I had to indulge in a few adult beverages to sleep once I knew mine was at the dealer.

Have fun . . . ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

11/11/06

Ladies and Gents,

CONGRATS !!!

I guess our sleepless weekend was well worth the wait.

I had the same happen to me on my trip home from Kansas!

What a fun time it was ! I can't wait for the sun to shine again.

Dorothy will be back out for another spin.......

The power of these Shelbys is AWESOME !!!

MTNTOM

Man are you in for the treat of your life. I had to indulge in a few adult beverages to sleep once I knew mine was at the dealer.

Have fun . . . ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

HEY 165,

Funny you should say that !!

After my first 35 miles, I had to take a break for lunch!

I told the better half I couldn't handle all the excitement and needed a couple cold ones to settle me down.

After that I was good to go!. Its hard to understand just how much power there is to unlease in this car. WHAT A RIDE !!!

MTNTOM

HEY 165,

Funny you should say that !!

After my first 35 miles, I had to take a break for lunch!

I told the better half I couldn't handle all the excitement and needed a couple cold ones to settle me down.

After that I was good to go!. Its hard to understand just how much power there is to unlease in this car. WHAT A RIDE !!!

MTNTOM

Very cool Tom. Congrat's . . . You have your radar detector yet?

Archived