TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Silver Stripes

jplanders

I have had the impression that silver stripes were exclusive to SGTs which added somewhat to the unique position that the SGT occupies amongst the range of Shelby mustang offerings. Evidently my impression was incorrect as tonight I saw a GT500KR in Vista Blue with silver stripes!

Silver would not have been my first choice but at least until now I felt better about the silver as it appeared to distinguish the SGT from other Shelby mustangs. Not a huge deal I guess, but a bit disappointing.

jpl

I have learned over the last couple of years NOTHING is exclusive to the SGT. Every piece on that car can be bought. The only thing I havent seen on ebay, yet, is the dash plaque and thats just a matter of time.

I have learned over the last couple of years NOTHING is exclusive to the SGT. Every piece on that car can be bought. The only thing I havent seen on ebay, yet, is the dash plaque and thats just a matter of time.

There are things that will ALWAYS be exclusive to Shelby GT's, and that is the VIN match to the CSM number, and the underhood plate and the dash plate which provides an actual, real CSM number, and recognition in the Shelby Registry. In addition, the hood scoop is not and I doubt evey will be available on the open market, as SAI guards those with their life it seems.

Let some cloner try to beat those!! :happy feet:

I have had the impression that silver stripes were exclusive to SGTs which added somewhat to the unique position that the SGT occupies amongst the range of Shelby mustang offerings. Evidently my impression was incorrect as tonight I saw a GT500KR in Vista Blue with silver stripes!

Silver would not have been my first choice but at least until now I felt better about the silver as it appeared to distinguish the SGT from other Shelby mustangs. Not a huge deal I guess, but a bit disappointing.

jpl

The 40th anniversary cars also come with silver stripes.

The 40th anniversary cars also come with silver stripes.

Good point on the 40th and CS6 et al cars as well. I suppose subconciously I put those cars in a different catagory from the Ford factory offerings. All a matter of personal perspective.

jpl

There are things that will ALWAYS be exclusive to Shelby GT's, and that is the VIN match to the CSM number, and the underhood plate and the dash plate which provides an actual, real CSM number, and recognition in the Shelby Registry. In addition, the hood scoop is not and I doubt evey will be available on the open market, as SAI guards those with their life it seems.

Let some cloner try to beat those!! :happy feet:

I appoligize, I thought this thread was about material items.

In ref to the scoop. Try doing an ebay search for it every once in awhile and I assure youll find one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelby-Must...sQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelby-GT35...sQ5fAccessories

Now thats exclusive. :headscratch:

Also, you are right the CSM dash and engine plate are not easy to come by, atleast not yet. I once posted a thread with a engine plate for a 60's Shelby. I dont know for sure but Id be willing to bet those were once exclusive. Its just a matter of time before the dash and engine plates are avail for a small fee.

I appoligize, I thought this thread was about material items.

In ref to the scoop. Try doing an ebay search for it every once in awhile and I assure youll find one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelby-Must...sQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelby-GT35...sQ5fAccessories

Now thats exclusive. :headscratch:

Also, you are right the CSM dash and engine plate are not easy to come by, atleast not yet. I once posted a thread with a engine plate for a 60's Shelby. I dont know for sure but Id be willing to bet those were once exclusive. Its just a matter of time before the dash and engine plates are avail for a small fee.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The sky is falling! The sky is falling! The SGT can be cloned! The SGT can be cloned! IJDGAS

Archived