TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Opinions of the 427 Package

What do you folks think of this package? Worthwhile inevstment? Do you think this package will increase the value of the SS? :headscratch:

Thx,

Jim

For 6K all you get is badging.

I feel that Shelby was never into NASCAR and was always into road racing.

So its up to each person on how they look at this. To me I wanta stay with the SS package and the GT500 from 40 years ago.

What do you folks think of this package? Worthwhile inevstment? Do you think this package will increase the value of the SS? :headscratch:

Thx,

Jim

If you LOVE NASCAR, then go for it.. If you don't, then I'd pass. Just my .02. Good luck.

Ken

I bought the package because it combines my two favorite things, Shelby's and NASCAR. While 6k is a lot of money, the experience of the race was a lot of the cost. For a NASCAR fan to have nice seats, VIP parking, group photos on the track, breakfast at the Shelby cafe and the rest of the stuff we are still getting---it was worth it to me. It all boils down to--is it worth it to you? Everybody I soke to that saw the package installed on the SS's loved it.

Good luck

Randy

Thx,

Jim

No. IMO, these cars in any configuration are not an "investment". They are an object of fun.

I bought the package because it combines my two favorite things, Shelby's and NASCAR. While 6k is a lot of money, the experience of the race was a lot of the cost. For a NASCAR fan to have nice seats, VIP parking, group photos on the track, breakfast at the Shelby cafe and the rest of the stuff we are still getting---it was worth it to me. It all boils down to--is it worth it to you? Everybody I soke to that saw the package installed on the SS's loved it.

Good luck

Randy

Well put. Thank you for not calling it an investment or "touched by the hand". You wanted it, you bought it. :censored: anyone who has anything to say about it. You have justified your purchase to yourself and thats all that matters.

Good luck

Randy

Ditto...part of the package are the memories, not just the badging :happy feet: :happy feet:

As for investment....maybe 40 years from now my kids will see the return but for now I am having hell of good time playing with their inheritance and I plan to keep on having fun with it for quite a long time. Keeping it stored in a garage and hoping to flip it in a few years probably won't work, I mean...what's the fun in that. Why buy something if you can't enjoy it????

The role out of the 2010 really hurt any investment potential for the short term and I think that's why we are now seeing all these low mileage 2007 coming on the market...

That's my two cents......

GT

Ditto...part of the package are the memories, not just the badging :happy feet: :happy feet:

As for investment....maybe 40 years from now my kids will see the return but for now I am having hell of good time playing with their inheritance and I plan to keep on having fun with it for quite a long time. Keeping it stored in a garage and hoping to flip it in a few years probably won't work, I mean...what's the fun in that. Why buy something if you can't enjoy it????

The role out of the 2010 really hurt any investment potential for the short term and I think that's why we are now seeing all these low mileage 2007 coming on the market...

That's my two cents......

GT

:yup:

It will be nice some years down the road if I don't end up losing my a$$ on this toy but as for an investment, not why I bought it. I have no kids to leave anything to. I plan is to use up as much as I can before I leave this beautiful place and if my nephews are able to sell what's left and buy a tank of gas--more power to them. :hysterical: I was born at a time where I knew that I wanted a Shelby but it was out of my reach. I'm finally at a place in my life where I can afford a few of the things I want to make going to work every day worth it. Buy it, drive it, show it off and watch the others drool---that's what makes it fun for me. :happy feet:

Participating in Carroll Shelby being honored by Nascar for the first time was an experience that will give great memories the rest of my life. Having my name along with other Shelby owners in the Nascar 427 program magazine is something that will never happen again. What a week, what a show we put on at the Harley Cafe, thanks Bud, Gary Patterson, Amy, and Mr Shelby, and all you folks that were there. It was worth every dallar, and I will have a really cool car, a Ford with checkers.

i wish i would have had done it before the race, now after the race for the same money???

+1

The large badge was a deal breaker for me, but after seeing Ricks ( SHELBY#18 ) SS 427 in Vegas, :banghead: The badges look GREAT. I now wish I jumped on board with the 427 package. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks for all the replies. I think the 427 package looks great on the cars and will look even neater driving down the road! Can't wait till the car gets back home. I'll post some pics when the car returns in about eight weeks or so. I'm gonna be 55 this year and like some others commented, I don't plan on taking all my cash to the grave! I spent 35 years in the Marine Corps, so now it's time to enjoy the benefits of my hard work for serving the greatest country on earth! :happy feet:

Thanks again Gents for taking the time to reply.

Jim

I thought the badges looked WAY too big in the pictures. However seeing them in person at the race they looked pretty good. I don't know that I would spend 6k on an "appearance" package, but I dont make huge bank either. If you have the money then its really just question of whether you like the look or not. I heard a lot of other people say it looks better in person also.

I agree that the pictures posted on the website does not give the 427 badging justice. In person and with a critical eye for detail, I personally was impressed with the look and sizing of the badge. Also, the whole experience of going to Las Vegas, watching my first NASCAR race, visiting Shelby Auto, and have an overall wonderful time, was well worth the money spent, and living memories.

I can't wait until I receive the badging and other goodies. I have a 40th Anniversary (car #37) versus Super Snake. Not sure how many 40th Anniversary owners bought this package, but I would guess...not many. Overall, I am proud of my car and its definitely has become my obsession, but I really enjoy driving it, bringing it to car shows and meeting new people which also has provided me a new (and much needed) hobby.

Archived