TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Razor Wheels Center Caps - Any Issues?

I am going to check with the good folks at SAI, but I have one cap that has a crack in it and one other that looks to be delaminating. I will post some pics up too, but thought I would check here. Also, are these "special" or unique caps to our package or are the "Shelby Special Edition" caps the ones that go on every set sold in retail? Thanks all!

I am going to check with the good folks at SAI, but I have one cap that has a crack in it and one other that looks to be delaminating. I will post some pics up too, but thought I would check here. Also, are these "special" or unique caps to our package or are the "Shelby Special Edition" caps the ones that go on every set sold in retail? Thanks all!

I opted for the black wheels so I'm not sure they are the same as yours, but mine appear to be a very solid piece. I'll look at mine again a little closer and let you know what I find.

They all have the same centerpiece. I purchased mine elsewhere and they came with them.. Unless yours are something differerent than the Shelby snake.

Russ

OK, I should have posted pics before. First one is the delamination of the cap (you can see it in the bottom left corner, looks like there is water in there, but there isn't) and the second is the crack. Are these the same caps as the ones you can order from American Racing? I wonder why I am having these issues. Only 2K miles on the car since the conversion and the wheels have never been off. BTW, both of these are the fronts...one on each side. The rears are still perfect.

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else had this happen? I am assuming this is a one-off situation.

No issues with my cromo ones, I have about 3K on since the upgrade.

Anyone else had this happen? I am assuming this is a one-off situation.

Yes, I had this happen to me on a couple of my wheels. Donnie took care of it right away and got me some new caps.

Tim

DSC01873.JPG

DSC01873.JPG

Archived