TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I need help Deal or No Deal what would you guys do?

Tammy

Hi it's my first post, but i've been looking and reading for a long time now. I have a chance to buy a shelby it has just over 1k miles, vert, upgrade int pkg, and premium trim. What's a good deal? We are at 55k right now. Started at 59k would you take the deal and run with it or pass? I'm struggling making the decision i really want this car and have the loan to get it. I wanted to get it for my husband but he's getting on my nerve about it. He thinks the wheels are crappy and the strips look cheap. It's black with the tug/strip down the side. I'd prefer the stripe deleted but i can live with them. I'm not THAT picky. Heck if it where totally just for me i like the red better. Anyways would you guys weight in on the tug of war to make a decision. This is not from a dealer btw. Good thing i did'nt surpise him with the car for christmas. I'm just ready to get the dang thing and he's think hmmm i'll wait they'll come down. I want the first year model this car was a august delivery. I'll stop now and sit back and listen to what you guys would do. Thanks

Tammy

Hi it's my first post, but i've been looking and reading for a long time now. I have a chance to buy a shelby it has just over 1k miles, vert, upgrade int pkg, and premium trim. What's a good deal? We are at 55k right now. Started at 59k would you take the deal and run with it or pass? I'm struggling making the decision i really want this car and have the loan to get it. I wanted to get it for my husband but he's getting on my nerve about it. He thinks the wheels are crappy and the strips look cheap. It's black with the tug/strip down the side. I'd prefer the stripe deleted but i can live with them. I'm not THAT picky. Heck if it where totally just for me i like the red better. Anyways would you guys weight in on the tug of war to make a decision. This is not from a dealer btw. Good thing i did'nt surpise him with the car for christmas. I'm just ready to get the dang thing and he's think hmmm i'll wait they'll come down. I want the first year model this car was a august delivery. I'll stop now and sit back and listen to what you guys would do. Thanks

Tammy

Tammy, for a car of this caliber, I suggest you listen to your heart and don't let your emotions get the best of you.

Like the person before me... It`s up to u.... But if your on a list, and close to the top of one. I would get what u want.... Or see if they will take 50 or 51k for it.... Why are they selling the car? And what is the person like that is selling it? Did they run the shit out of it? Then put it up for sell.... To make a profit on it... If u are going to pay that much for it, u got to make sure that they did`nt run the hell out of it.... I like red too... Mine is red/white... But like the other person said.... It`s up to u.... You have to think about where you live too... If u live up north, you can`t drive it much tell next spring anyways.... So if that is the case i would see if u can get a new one.... And the color u want..... I know this does`nt help any, so good luck.... It is a very nice car..... !0 times better than my 96 cobra.... In everyway.... Goodluck seeya

Like the person before me... It`s up to u.... But if your on a list, and close to the top of one. I would get what u want.... Or see if they will take 50 or 51k for it.... Why are they selling the car? And what is the person like that is selling it? Did they run the shit out of it? Then put it up for sell.... To make a profit on it... If u are going to pay that much for it, u got to make sure that they did`nt run the hell out of it.... I like red too... Mine is red/white... But like the other person said.... It`s up to u.... You have to think about where you live too... If u live up north, you can`t drive it much tell next spring anyways.... So if that is the case i would see if u can get a new one.... And the color u want..... I know this does`nt help any, so good luck.... It is a very nice car..... !0 times better than my 96 cobra.... In everyway.... Goodluck seeya

Hi Tammy,

I know exactly how you feel.....You want it and you want it NOW!!!.........BUT.......I would be VERY careful buying this car from a private party.....I have had to bring mine to the dealer for repairs with only 700 miles on it....With this type of high powered vehicle I would really feel nervous about not knowing EXACTLY how this car was broken in. Was it red lined too early, Was it in the hands of someone who new they would sell it after flogging it around like a maniac?

Anyway, I feel it's always better to be safe than sorry. That's my two cents!

Jason

It belonged to a bank, got a job transfer and has been putting miles on it. He does'nt want to sell but does'nt want to put that kind of mileage on his car. He even tried to get his wife to take it for her car so he could drive hers to work but she did'nt like the manual. I'm on no dealers list to get one. Every dealer i talk to has lost there minds. It's been 25k over to 15 over. Our local dealers even got that. I think prices will come down do i want to wait NO. I feel like 6 over is a deal yeah i know mileage so what i'm going to drive it. It has warranty. It has not been modd'd and it has a clean car fax. He even still has the plastic on the carpeting. Put the plastic on the steering wheel and front seats back on. The boot is still in the plastic and the owners manual has not been opened. Has all the tracking orgin and window sticker to go with it. I feel it' s a fair price for something i want now. I know people are paying a LOT more over than i will be just so it has 8 miles or or they get to kick in the s/c first. I'm not concerned about that because i will not pay 15k over or even 10k 6 i can stomach.

Tammy

..for what its worth, dealers in the kansas city area are still getting 15-20K over list, and ebay seems to be settling in at least around 12-15K over, but who knows if they are really taking those offers, or end up selling to local buyers at a higher price. Ebay does not seem to have a lot of transparency. The price you are considering is reasonable for the current situation. If you are getting one for 6K over, if may be hard to ever match that price. I also have a hard time believing that the original owner would have mistreated the car. That does not seems to fall in line with most of us who are interested in the shelby.

The main thing is, is it really the shelby you want? ie color, accessories etc? if not, you will probably always have some regrets.

good luck

John

Tammy

I'd buy the car as long as you know the car was not trashed, the ADM won't be going down any time soon only two year build if you want one and got a chance to buy one and you like the car. Carol Shelby has same car, you can always remove the strip. Same color combo as mine.

Tammy: The order banks at the dealerships opened yesterday for the GT Shelby. You might check and see what the cost is on one of those models. They are nice. Go to www.shelbyautos.com and check them out.

Rob

PS

If you do not feel right about the GT500 - leave it.

Once you pull the trigger, you can't un do it !

Tammy,

For me if I was in you place I'd think whether I'd still be happy a year from now with my choice. I'd be paying on it for awhile so I'd personally want to get what I really wanted. I already have my preferences of color and options and thats what I'm going to shoot for it may work out with me getting a car maybe not but I'm cool with that. I wouldn't want to settle for something I didn't really feel I was not 100% happy with because I'd plan on having it for a long time.

just a my humble opinion

Good luck with you deal :D

Tammy.......

Do it.......Its only money....it grows again and again....so what if you overpay a bit....6k over... for a vert.....not mind boggling......

Also.you live somewhere where you can drive during the winter? if so, then its a no brainer...do it....

Or else wait over a year to MAYBE get a chance to order one? If you got your husband's blessing and loan ready... do it....when husband drives it..he'll forget the small stuff.....

paul

Paul thanks i think you really got what i was saying. I'd take the car in purple i don't care so much what the colour is i want the CAR. Black is my favorite on any car and he wants black. He's just being a tail picky about the strip i'm with you take it off if you don't want it. All that said my husband is a procrastinator (sp). I'm not going to make the owner wait on the fence while my husband has to be coddled into this. I made the decidsion last night based mostly what's in pauls post. I'm buying the car and it's going to be mine. I work hard i'm grown and i can afford it IT"S MOM"S car. I'm calling the man this morning to share my decision so we can start making arrangements. Oh and I"m in SE georgia so yeah no snow for us. I'm so excited now that the drama my husband was giving me is outta the way. Thanks for being to welcoming guys on my first post. I'm reading here everyday. Now i have to decide on exhaust YEAH> I'm looking at the SSW system that's very similar to the 03 exhaust I had installed. Thanks guys i'll post updates on my baby making it's way to Georgia. LOL

Paul thanks i think you really got what i was saying. I'd take the car in purple i don't care so much what the colour is i want the CAR. Black is my favorite on any car and he wants black. He's just being a tail picky about the strip i'm with you take it off if you don't want it. All that said my husband is a procrastinator (sp). I'm not going to make the owner wait on the fence while my husband has to be coddled into this. I made the decidsion last night based mostly what's in pauls post. I'm buying the car and it's going to be mine. I work hard i'm grown and i can afford it IT"S MOM"S car. I'm calling the man this morning to share my decision so we can start making arrangements. Oh and I"m in SE georgia so yeah no snow for us. I'm so excited now that the drama my husband was giving me is outta the way. Thanks for being to welcoming guys on my first post. I'm reading here everyday. Now i have to decide on exhaust YEAH> I'm looking at the SSW system that's very similar to the 03 exhaust I had installed. Thanks guys i'll post updates on my baby making it's way to Georgia. LOL

Good for you Tammy, your hubbie will come around.

I'm in SE Georgia too, We can drive our cars year round :hyper: ..... We can even wear shorts at Christmas. :headspin:

Hello Tammy,

I bought my car from Bobby Jones Ford in Augusta Ga. This week and had her shipped back to NY.

I have a feeling you were going to buy this Shelby as soon as you saw here.

They have that affect on you.

Good luck with yours and if you are ever up North let me know.

Todd

That's exactly what i told him last night. I"m buying and if you don't want to get with the program keep you butt out of it. LOL I'm in waycross where you from?

Folkston..... our club will be in Douglas today racing. You should head over and join the fun. :hyper: I won't be home until Dec. 1. I'm over seas right now but we are always in waycross for some thing. As you know, Folkston is just a wide spot in the road. :hysterical:

Man that's great! We have family that drag races over in douglas tim and jim i'm sure you know then the twins from nahunta. I have family in folkston over on the camp pickney area. We go to the auction in jax, daytona every week we are through that way. We own a business downtown so we are easy to find. My weekends are full with kids. We have a house full of kids :) so i can't make the meet but let me know and next time we just might can make with some notice. I"m sure when we get the shelby tim and jim will want to take it to douglas. They took my acura tl for goodness sake to the track on practice day. I"m more of a oval girl but i do like to go out with the boy (tim and jim) and watch them. We'l defiently hook up. I should have my car by the time your home. I'm looking to get fedex to ship it to me. I figure three days for the banks to do there thing then pick up from the midwest and to me should be 10-14 days so defietly let me know what your getting so i'll be sure to pull over and say hi. If you go corrz our business is right there on tebeau downtown. Don't know your age but alot of peope remember it being the "old" john king ford building.

Most of the cars down south have been shipped up north.LOL Mind if i ask if you got a good deal? Are ADM's easing down? I'm all over this and i still see a minimum of 10k most are closer to 15k some are still getting 20k over.

Believe or not I order my Shelby 3 years 4 months ago.

This was when Shelby got back together with Ford.

I new it would be a matter of time before Shelby made his Mustang again.

I know George from MGW in Ga. and his cousin was working at Bobby Jones Ford at the time and suggested that I order her there.

At that time I had my Shelby ordered at MSRP. His cousin left that dealership so I had to pay $3,000.00 over MSRP. They had people willing to pay up to $25,000 over MSRP. So I agreed with the $3,000.00 over.

I feel they are worth every penny!

Todd

Man that's great! We have family that drag races over in douglas tim and jim i'm sure you know then the twins from nahunta. I have family in folkston over on the camp pickney area. We go to the auction in jax, daytona every week we are through that way. We own a business downtown so we are easy to find. My weekends are full with kids. We have a house full of kids :) so i can't make the meet but let me know and next time we just might can make with some notice. I"m sure when we get the shelby tim and jim will want to take it to douglas. They took my acura tl for goodness sake to the track on practice day. I"m more of a oval girl but i do like to go out with the boy (tim and jim) and watch them. We'l defiently hook up. I should have my car by the time your home. I'm looking to get fedex to ship it to me. I figure three days for the banks to do there thing then pick up from the midwest and to me should be 10-14 days so defietly let me know what your getting so i'll be sure to pull over and say hi. If you go corrz our business is right there on tebeau downtown. Don't know your age but alot of peope remember it being the "old" john king ford building.

Cool, I know right where you located. The wife and I will stop by and say hello. I'll get you the Info on the Club. Maybe you'll come out to a few of the meets and show off your new ride. It's a great group with some very nice Mustangs. They spend alot of time showing them off. You may even talk them into a little show in Waycross..... This is the wifes 05, you may have seen it around town. Also a couple at a cruse-in.

Was in O'Meara Ford in Denver yesterday to pick up some oil for my Shelby, that's a whole nother story. No one in the mountains has any Motorcraft oil. They just sold their second GT 500 in black for $25,000 over. I believe the sale was yesterday. They've only had 2 cars! As far as running the hell out of your car. These cars were meant to have the hell run out of them. They were built to drive hard. That's why they have rev limiters. After the first hundred or so I really don't think it matters. Just my 2 cents.

I'm all over this and i still see a minimum of 10k most are closer to 15k some are still getting 20k over.

Tammy, Your observations on the current ADM's pretty are accurate. However, I do not think you will find one for 10K over MSRP. I think once you get it, you will leave the stripe on. The stripes look great IMO. Sounds like you pulled the trigger on the deal. Congrats.

Oh ya - Welcome aboard missy!

That's exactly what i told him last night. I"m buying and if you don't want to get with the program keep you butt out of it. LOL I'm in waycross where you from?

Tammy --- Don`t let him drive it ,if you do you will never get it back. By the way " Welcome" to the forum

Yep, it's a done deal. Still have to make the call to tell the man but we are going to take it. Can't pick it up though tomorrow. It's many states away but i'll arrange a transport to get it "home". Thank you all for such a warm welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing the car live and in person. I have sat in one and cranked and ran thru the gears "sitting still of course" It was a poster child coupe they had at a store 30 miles away the guy beat me there to buy it at 5k over. I did'nt really want to buy it though it was nothing like what i wanted as far as pkg and colors and it was a coupe. I really like the stripe and this will be my car since my husband has give me grief about it. I was trying to play nice and make it seem like i was buying it for him but crap on that this is tammy's shelby. I'm even considering putting Tammy's on the tag. ON our 03 cobra we had 4sfed on the tag. No one got it. I'm considering PWR HSE, Tammys. I'm not real creative so i'm open to suggestions. Oh what about MINE that says it all huh?

Lambo where were thoses pics taken? It love to know what club your refering to and find out when the meets are. That looks like fun! Loved your wifes car btw. I'm driving a 06 coupe black GT right now off the car lot. As soon as the Shelby arrives it's going on the lot for sale i don't want miles piling up on it i'm at 7k now but we bought it with a tick under 7K on it so not bad. I had a man on it last week and i asked him to give me a few weeks and then i'd be for sale. It's sweet for sure totally stock but it's a ton of fun to drive i get a lot of looks in it. I'll try pm'ing you my email so we can stay in touch. Are you getting a shelby when you return home? Maybe we could do a crusin at the mickey d's LOL

Oh you all had the love bugs happening about a month ago...my white F150 is still black from bug juice...Thanks.

That's right, you can thank University of Florida for that :censored:-up. They will eat the paint if you don't get them off right away.

Tammy, here is link to the last Car Show, Stampede 5 MMJAX had at World Golf Village.

Right Click save as It's 50mb and 30 mins long. Lot's of nice cars.

Archived