TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Mile of Mustangs" NorCal cruise to Fab Fords 4/17

9Venom9

hi kevin, oh yeah he is only a few miles from me. maybe we can meet up at the jack in the box right off capital and alum rock and cruise to the target meet spot together. your son will know where it is. let's keep in touch as this gets closer.

I'd like to join you guys but work is getting in the way. Enjoy the trip.

One addition - Livermore, Tracy and San Jose meet up at the Petro station Highways 152 and 33 (last exit on 152 before I 5).

Petro is the MAIN meeting spot for this cruise... this is where all the small meeting spots thought the bay and Sac will merge together, we will be having a drivers meeting with rules and guidelines for the cruise and also our vendor who made the cruise shirts will be there with there GT500 selling shirts.

Let not get this confusing...

The 99 and 5 route meet up together at the base of the grapevine and head up over the hill... 90% of the cars come down HWY 5 with the main pack... We are over 150 cars so I hope everyone follows the rules ... Mike..... hint hint :P

Petro is the MAIN meeting spot for this cruise... this is where all the small meeting spots thought the bay and Sac will merge together, we will be having a drivers meeting with rules and guidelines for the cruise and also our vendor who made the cruise shirts will be there with there GT500 selling shirts.

Let not get this confusing...

The 99 and 5 route meet up together at the base of the grapevine and head up over the hill... 90% of the cars come down HWY 5 with the main pack... We are over 150 cars so I hope everyone follows the rules ... Mike..... hint hint :P

rules? i was hoping to get a few runs on video. jk. i'll be good.

rules? i was hoping to get a few runs on video. jk. i'll be good.

ha ha no way man.. lol Not this cruise... we are already in the spot light with the amount of cars we have and have had a sit down with local CHP on suggestions about how to run such a large group with out being stopped... We dont go over 80 in the front.... and with the chain of cars I think that's pushing it, just hope no one takes advantage of the accordion affect and races down the freeway.. all we need is one call and the cruise is ruined. Hate to be the one who does that.

Last year we had a coupe people cutting off cars not in the cruise and they called CHP and said there was a group running cars off the freeway... a bit over exaggerating but non the less we shouldn't be doing that.. I had to pull the badge out and promise the CHP officer it wasn't us.. I dont like doing that or taking the heat for someone else's actions.

OK off my soap box... we just want to get everyone there safe and in one piece.

Craig,

I speak for us all, we are just kidding around.

We appreciate all the hard work you put into this event. It is very exciting and eagerly anticipated. We will be on our best behavior.

Regards,

Michael

ha ha now way man.. lol Not this cruise... we are already in the spot light with the amount of cars we have and have had a sit down with local CHP on suggestions about how to run such a large group with out being stopped... We dont go over 80 in the front.... and with the chain of cars I think that's pushing it, just hope no one takes advantage of the accordion affect and races down the freeway.. all we need is one call and the cruise is ruined. Hate to be the one who does that.

Last year we had a coupe people cutting off cars not in the cruise and they called CHP and said there was a group running cars off the freeway... a bit over exaggerating but non the less we shouldn't be doing that.. I had to pull the badge out and promise the CHP officer it wasn't us.. I dont like doing that or taking the heat for someone else's actions.

OK off my soap box... we just want to get everyone there safe and in one piece.

naw its all good- just having some fun. you seem like a good guy to be leading this. can you get into more details as to how we are to stay in line? that is if we want a ride up front, in the middle of the pack at the back. i imagine there has to be some type of guidline to follow. i can just see it 100+ cars jockeying to get up front. :shift:

Craig,

I speak for us all, we are just kidding around.

We appreciate all the hard work you put into this event. It is very exciting and eagerly anticipated. We will be on our best behavior.

Regards,

Michael

for sure. its hard enough to get a small group of guys together. this is some event. i havent even been on one yet but i appreciate it already. cant wait.

I trust you guys... just a little worried that's all but I think that will make me a better person learning to lead this amount of cars... each year this cruise only gets larger.

I dont expect everyone to stay in one lane as a chain, if people want to drive both lanes I see no issue, if there is a slower car in front of you and you want to pass them.. cool.... I just dont want people racing or showing off.. there will be alot of high HP cars on the run, just have to either let the wife drive or take something to prevent the serge of adrenaline.. :D

I really only want to treat this as a nice drive down south with 150 fellow enthusiasts.

Cars you might see pass a group and then take photos are for the Magazine article in Mustang Enthusiast.

The cruise is on Friday and the Show is Sunday. Is there a Saturday plan? Sorry if I missed it.

Hi Andy I have heard of a couple off things while talking to some Ca. Mustang guys. Saturday morning coffee and cars (7905 Gateway Blv. Irvine) then off to Techco (3125 E Coronado St. Anaheim) to tour the facility and a free show and shine. They are offering dyno runs $75.00 for two pulls

Kevin

Archived