TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who needs another set of tires for your Shelby???

venom07

I bought some 20's for my gt500 today and am looking to sell the original tires (not rims) that came on the car. They only have about 250 miles on them and the traction control has never been taken off. They are practically brand new. I am in Colorado and would prefer to sell them to someone local so I don't have to deal with shipping but I am open to anything. If anyone is interested, PM me and we can work out a deal.

venom07

I bought some 20's for my gt500 today and am looking to sell the original tires (not rims) that came on the car. They only have about 250 miles on them and the traction control has never been taken off. They are practically brand new. I am in Colorado and would prefer to sell them to someone local so I don't have to deal with shipping but I am open to anything. If anyone is interested, PM me and we can work out a deal.

venom07

Did you buy the shelby wheels? If so what kind of tires did you buy?

Did you buy the shelby wheels? If so what kind of tires did you buy?

I bought the shelby razor wheels by American Racing. I tried on the 18's but they didn't fit. The front brakes rubbed. They wanted to put a spacer in but that is a hack. The new tires are falken fk452.

I bought the shelby razor wheels by American Racing. I tried on the 18's but they didn't fit. The front brakes rubbed. They wanted to put a spacer in but that is a hack. The new tires are falken fk452.

The American racing part number is 198s2966 and our part number is 10042

Were they this part number???

Amy B Said they would fit as they have run them on the Shelby They brought to SEMA...otherwise I'm pooched...I have them on order, got the Michelin PS2's last week UPS from tire Rack..Wheels are suppose to arrive this week?

any clarification would help?

Cheers,

Requis

The American racing part number is 198s2966 and our part number is 10042

Were they this part number???

Amy B Said they would fit as they have run them on the Shelby They brought to SEMA...otherwise I'm pooched...I have them on order, got the Michelin PS2's last week UPS from tire Rack..Wheels are suppose to arrive this week?

any clarification would help?

Cheers,

Requis

I am sorry, I don't have the part number for the 18's. It was the one that looks like the 40th anneversary wheel but not black or alloy. It is more of a light grey color. Apparently they will work as long as you use a spacer. The brake caliper just barely rubbed but I didn't think using a spacer on a car with this much horsepower was a very good idea. The guys at the shop agreed.

I hope those work for you. If so, let me know. That would save me a ton of money.

venom07

I am sorry, I don't have the part number for the 18's. It was the one that looks like the 40th anneversary wheel but not black or alloy. It is more of a light grey color. Apparently they will work as long as you use a spacer. The brake caliper just barely rubbed but I didn't think using a spacer on a car with this much horsepower was a very good idea. The guys at the shop agreed.

I hope those work for you. If so, let me know. That would save me a ton of money.

venom07

I'm in no hurry to buy things cause new items keep coming out each week so by spring their should be plenty of cool items to pick from that fit correctly or look better than some of the limited choices we currently have.

just my 2 cents

You do have a good point but after seeing the wheel on my car (alloy coupe). It really looks sweet. I really wanted the 20's but the price difference made me go for the 18's originally. I got a heck of a deal on them so I really shouldn't complain. My friend who works at Discount Tires got me the wheels for cost. A huge savings but still quite a bit more than the 18's since I had to buy new tires.

Just so all of you know, if new ones come out that are cooler expect me to whine a lot on this board.

:finger:

Venom

You do have a good point but after seeing the wheel on my car (alloy coupe). It really looks sweet. I really wanted the 20's but the price difference made me go for the 18's originally. I got a heck of a deal on them so I really shouldn't complain. My friend who works at Discount Tires got me the wheels for cost. A huge savings but still quite a bit more than the 18's since I had to buy new tires.

Just so all of you know, if new ones come out that are cooler expect me to whine a lot on this board.

:finger:

Venom

Post pics...ASAP! :hyper:

Archived