TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bob Tasca III wins Gatornationals!!!

CudaFly

Wow, CONGRATULATIONS BOB TASCA III !!!!

Funny Car

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Round

GAINESVILLE, Fla. - SUMMIT FastNews - Results of final, round 4 eliminations in Funny Car at the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, 40th annual ACDelco NHRA Gatornationals:

W/L Driver R-Time E-Time Speed

(W) Bob Tasca III (Motorcraft/Quick Lane Mustan 0.098 4.200 280.72

(L) Tony Pedregon (Quaker State Impala) 0.060 4.536 210.90

4:39 p.m. Weather conditions: air temperature 83 degrees, relative humidity 41 percent, barometer 29.87 inches, adjusted altitude 2,254 feet, track temperature 116 degrees.

Pedregon is the defending event champ, he won here last year. Tasca is in his very first final round. The two will once again be the very best of friends after this race is over, but right now all the marbles, bragging rights, valuable points, and more is on the line.

Pedregon left first and was pulling away when the engine in the Quaker State machine started to fail. Tasco drove by before half track then likely experienced the longest two seconds of his life before the finish line finally flashed by.

Congrats to Tasca and the entire Motorcraft Quick Lane team.

His team was fantastic all weekend long. We were there the past couple of days and they were down the track every time and looking good. Very impressed. I think that Ford should give him their entire advertising contract. If he plugged them one more time all of his words would have been Ford, Ford and Ford. He was very excited. Great win and great event.

Don

Congratulations Bob III and the entire Motorcraft Quick Lane team

Sunday’s 40th Annual NHRA Gatornationals saw a new name added to the list of Full Throttle Drag Series Funny Car class winners.

Bob Tasca III in the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Ford Shelby Mustang made it to the final round for the first time in his career and defeated Tony Pedregon for the win.

"I'm speechless," said Tasca. "We qualified our Motorcraft/Quick Lane Ford Shelby Mustang No. 1, and we beat Tim Wilkerson, John Force and Tony Pedregon to get the first win. This is just a real tribute to the whole Motorcraft/Quick Lane program. To bring the first win home for Ford this year in the NHRA Funny Car class is really special. It’s a dream come true for me."

http://www.thechromepony.com/News-03-15-09.html

Congrats, Bob. Good job :banvictory: :happy feet: Looks like the year is off to a good start.

I proudly wore my Tasca Ford hat all weekend when I went anywhere :drool: . Still to brisk for my Tee's, though.

I just happened to buy display case on Saturday for the 1/24th die cast model of the car I bought this winter. I covered the "floor" of the case with black and white checkerd paper I found a a craft store. How fitting. :yahoo:

ERIK

Archived