TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Dyno results..

MMcGuirk

Hi

Yesterday I attended the NORCAL SAAC GTG at Performance Art in Gilroy CA.

Perf. Art is a very high tech mod shop specializing in custom alignment, suspensions, wheels, tires, body kits, SCs and installs. This shop is incredible. It reminds me of an operating room. Extremely clean and organized.

For this GTG, they arranged to have Evan and Dennis Mathews from Ed's Speed Shop to set up their Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno. Three pulls for $65.00. I had not had my car dyno'd since I installed the new clutch, fuel rails and line and the KR muffs. I got to go first and the results are pretty impressive.

511.2 rwhp / 503.8 ftlb trq.!

Got to see a few other really cool cars get Dyno'd - 2 Ford GTs, both at 750 rwhp and Tom Robinson's beatiful black GT500 TVS/Evo tune vert - 634 RWHP!

Michael

3_14_dyno_result.jpg

Blue_GT.jpg

LLGT_on_dyno.jpg

White_Ford_GT___TR__s_GT500.jpg

3_14_dyno_result.jpg

Blue_GT.jpg

LLGT_on_dyno.jpg

White_Ford_GT___TR__s_GT500.jpg

Hi

Perf. Art is a very high tech mod shop specializing in custom alignment, suspensions, wheels, tires, body kits, SCs and installs. This shop is incredible. It reminds me of an operating room. Extremely clean and organized.

For this GTG, they arranged to have Evan and Dennis Mathews from Ed's Speed Shop to set up their Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno. Three pulls for $65.00. I had not had my car dyno'd since I installed the new clutch, fuel rails and line and the KR muffs. I got to go first and the results are pretty impressive.

Got to see a few other really cool cars get Dyno'd - 2 Ford GTs, both at 750 rwhp and Tom Robinson's beatiful black GT500 TVS/Evo tune vert - 634 RWHP!

Michael

Awesome results Michael! Congrats on the numbers and your beautiful car.

Tom

Hi

Michael

Michael,

What is the biggest improvement you see from the stock clutches? I ask because John Griggs recommended the twin disc McLeod clutch for my car. I have well over 600 torque lbs. running through the drivetrain. The bottom line is that the stock clutch just can't take it ... lots of issues. John said the stock GT 500 clutch was designed for the 400 or so torque lbs. and not much more. I just had the TSB done and I actually believe it got worse. Sure, I have a new clutch and flywheel but I don't think it will last more than 5,000 miles.

Also, where did you buy your clutch and flywheel? Just in case I decide to chuck the Ford clutch now and not wait for it to fail.

By the way, I am jealous of your car. Very nice set up. One of these days I would like to see it in person.

Dana

Michael,

What is the biggest improvement you see from the stock clutches? I ask because John Griggs recommended the twin disc McLeod clutch for my car. I have well over 600 torque lbs. running through the drivetrain. The bottom line is that the stock clutch just can't take it ... lots of issues. John said the stock GT 500 clutch was designed for the 400 or so torque lbs. and not much more. I just had the TSB done and I actually believe it got worse. Sure, I have a new clutch and flywheel but I don't think it will last more than 5,000 miles.

Also, where did you buy your clutch and flywheel? Just in case I decide to chuck the Ford clutch now and not wait for it to fail.

By the way, I am jealous of your car. Very nice set up. One of these days I would like to see it in person.

Dana

Hey Dana,

Thanks for the compliment.

My new clutch made it immediately apparent that the stock clutch was woefully overworked. My dyno results proved that I was not harnessing the available power. 480 rwhp pre McLead, 511 rwhp post.

The RST is rated at 800 lb/ft and the improvement was readliy and instantaneously apparent. The car not only really hooks but shifts much better. The clutch pedal feel is much more linear than stock.

I bought the McLeod and had it installed by GTR HiPo in Rancho Cucamonga. I happened to be at the 2009 Bash when the stock clutch decided to give up. It was real convenient to stop at GTR on the way home. The clutch was $699.00 and labor, new pilot bearing, flywheel re-surfacing and tax brought the bill to just shy of $1100.00.

This was money well spent, I can't say enough about Ricardo and Gonzolo Topete at GTR. I wish they were located in NorCal!

I look forward to meeting you in the near future.

Michael

Archived