TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picture of my Shelby GT with Super Snake stripes.

OK, I know, I really didn't do the Super Snake stripes. I was just messing around with Photoshop and wondered what my SGT would look like with the SS stripes. I kind of like it. Maybe if I had the SS hood to go with it I probably consider it for real. :drool: But then I probably get banished crossbreeding SGT with a SS. :finger: Has anyone seen real pics of a SGT with the SS hood or SS stripes yet? I would like see if anyone has taken this project on. I know the SPP has the SS hoods for sale. But not sure if the SS hood would look right on a GT/SGT grille/fascia, the rise in the leading edge of the hood matches the edges of the GT500 headlight area. But I am not quite sure if the GT/SGT headlight edge would match up correctly with the SS hood. (I think I made that as clear as mud.) But most of you guys would probably know what I am talking about. With all topics about stripe deletes to some folks (dealerships) doing other stripe options (red stripe on white) I pondered the idea of the SS stripes on the SGT.

What are your opinions?

-FB

P.S. I know, I know the stripes aren’t that straight :hysterical3::rant2: but it’s just a visual of what it would look like.

post-12648-1237083253_thumb.jpg

I went to a local sign shop. Sharps auto graphics http://local.yahoo.com/info-21704285-sharp...graphics-eureka

I removed my factory stripe with a heat gun and some goo gone. they installed the new stripes for $350. dimensions are 1'' stripe, 1'' space, 14''stripe, 1''space, 1'' stripe. I'm thinking about changing to red myself. here's a photoshop

a12yn8.jpg

84396886xb6.jpg

I moved the SHELBY letters on the back in photoshop too. and added the red emblems.

I went to a local sign shop. Sharps auto graphics http://local.yahoo.com/info-21704285-sharp...graphics-eureka

I removed my factory stripe with a heat gun and some goo gone. they installed the new stripes for $350. dimensions are 1'' stripe, 1'' space, 14''stripe, 1''space, 1'' stripe. I'm thinking about changing to red myself. here's a photoshop

a12yn8.jpg

84396886xb6.jpg

I moved the SHELBY letters on the back in photoshop too. and added the red emblems.

The red color looks HOT!!! :drool::drool::drool:

I personally do not like the idea of changing Shelbyt GT stripes to look like an SS or body work to look like a GT500. Doing so just makes one look like an SS or GT500 wanna-be in my view. But as alway, this is another matter of personal preference.

Also, I looked at SS stripes in Las Vegas recently. From a distance they looked good, but upon closer inspection, to me, they looked clutter and like there was just too much tape going on, plus, the 1 inch tapes on the SS I saw were not lined up with each other well at all from hood to bumper and from hood to roof, so that is something you must be very careful about to make sure it's done correctly.

OK, I know, I really didn't do the Super Snake stripes. I was just messing around with Photoshop and wondered what my SGT would look like with the SS stripes. I kind of like it. Maybe if I had the SS hood to go with it I probably consider it for real. :drool: But then I probably get banished crossbreeding SGT with a SS. :finger: Has anyone seen real pics of a SGT with the SS hood or SS stripes yet? I would like see if anyone has taken this project on. I know the SPP has the SS hoods for sale. But not sure if the SS hood would look right on a GT/SGT grille/fascia, the rise in the leading edge of the hood matches the edges of the GT500 headlight area. But I am not quite sure if the GT/SGT headlight edge would match up correctly with the SS hood. (I think I made that as clear as mud.) But most of you guys would probably know what I am talking about. With all topics about stripe deletes to some folks (dealerships) doing other stripe options (red stripe on white) I pondered the idea of the SS stripes on the SGT.

What are your opinions?

-FB

P.S. I know, I know the stripes aren’t that straight :hysterical3::rant2: but it’s just a visual of what it would look like.

SSGT.jpg

great idea and looks great,check out IPP hoods

What are your opinions?

-FB

That looks very cool. I wish the SGT would have came like that from SAI...

Personally I wouldn't do it. Just too different from the original Shelby GT. Having said that, I think it looks teriffic, especially the rear end. I just think it would cause some to question whether or not it was a real Shelby, but if that doesn't bother you, hey go for it. Looks great in my opinion.

Jim

I am such a schmuck :banghead: I just realized that when I photo shopped the picture of the back end of the SGT, I forgot to blend the two stripes together into one center stripe!!! I just freaking noticed that. :confused: My intention was to do the Super Snake stripes, but I made instead was a modified SS stripe. Sorry for the mix up.

Here is the Photoshop picture of my real intention.

post-12648-1237181167_thumb.jpg

Here is what I did by accident.( forgetting blend the two stripes together)

post-12648-1237181196_thumb.jpg

But then which stripe pattern do you like the best? :headscratch:

And for the sake of argument, lets say SAI offered us SGT owners a SS stripe kit for $800.00 Would you consider it if was a official Shelby mod that QP, Tasca, or SAI LV could do?

Hmmmmmm........... :lurk: Food for thought. -FB

FB

Was that you at Pope by the backside of the airfield yesterday around 1330? I was thinking it was you.

Nope. wasn't me. I just got in to Pope last night around 2330 from MKE. Perhaps there is another Black SGT running around here at Pope/Bragg. I will keep a look out for any more Black SGT's on base. See ya on the 28th -FB

I am such a schmuck :banghead: I just realized that when I photo shopped the picture of the back end of the SGT, I forgot to blend the two stripes together into one center stripe!!! I just freaking noticed that. :confused: My intention was to do the Super Snake stripes, but I made instead was a modified SS stripe. Sorry for the mix up.

Here is the Photoshop picture of my real intention.

Here is what I did by accident.( forgetting blend the two stripes together)

But then which stripe pattern do you like the best? :headscratch:

And for the sake of argument, lets say SAI offered us SGT owners a SS stripe kit for $800.00 Would you consider it if was a official Shelby mod that QP, Tasca, or SAI LV could do?

Hmmmmmm........... :lurk: Food for thought. -FB

WHOA!!....that looks really hot. I like it a lot. I think you should do it.

:baby:

Nope. wasn't me. I just got in to Pope last night around 2330 from MKE. Perhaps there is another Black SGT running around here at Pope/Bragg. I will keep a look out for any more Black SGT's on base. See ya on the 28th -FB

Definetly another then headed toward BK by the airfield. See you on the 28th

Archived