TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NO HOODS=NO SUPER SNAKES

Yep, no CSM number, the mods even if fast ones are worth pennies on the dollars spent. Then the CSM'ed Super Snake flys by in value, quickly...........and yes, the college fund for the kids. Thanks for reminding me why I bought a Super Snake instead of throwing a bunch of "personal taste" mods on my GT500, the CSM number and full documentation, priceless!!

R

not like your Cobra R :lurk:

I didnt buy my car for an investment. If my boy sells the car after Im dead and gone and does good with it. GREAT. I dont get to drive the SS as much as I would like, but I still drive it and drive it HARD!!!

If we go by history a SHELBY will bring more than a NON SHELBY, but I understand this is HISTORY! We will all be dead and gone (except for the YOUNGER guy and gals on here).

Drive the heck out of it and hope something is left to leave to the BOY!!!!!

MM

Yep, no CSM number, the mods even if fast ones are worth pennies on the dollars spent. Then the CSM'ed Super Snake flys by in value, quickly...........and yes, the college fund for the kids. Thanks for reminding me why I bought a Super Snake instead of throwing a bunch of "personal taste" mods on my GT500, the CSM number and full documentation, priceless!!

R

Gentlemen,

How many SS total all years, less than 1000. These will be at Barret Jackson in 20-30 years worth a fortune, especially if built in Vegas at Carrolls own shop. :happy feet:

Gentlemen,

How many SS total all years, less than 1000. These will be at Barret Jackson in 20-30 years worth a fortune, especially if built in Vegas at Carrolls own shop. :happy feet:

+1! :happy feet:

No offense to the investors on this site, but I don't think any of these cars, the SS KR SGT or the GQ, will be worth anything or hold their value any more than any other SVT Cobra. JMO

But these are "real" shelbys :hysterical:

Oh, what's a "GQ"?

Last time I checked, a '67 GT500 was worth more than a regular '67 Mustang. I am 40, so I may live another 40 years or so (or not). I figure that these cars will start to significantly pull away from regular mustangs (and cobras to some extent) in about 15-20 years.

Watch ebay and look at the number of totaled late model Shelbys that show up there. One or two per week just on Ebay. I figure that probably equates to 4-8 per week total. Thats probably about 300 per year that are gone or will have salvage titles.

Using your theory you should just hop-up a regular GT and skip the aditional Shelby cost altogether. The market will bear only what someone is willing to pay. There will always be Shelby fans who will be willing to pay a premium to have those letters (CSM or CSX) on their cars. How much of a premium is anybodys guess. I think very few people here bought their cars as an investment (although I am sure that some did.) but rather to drive. If they drive the hell out of it and sell it in 20 years maybe they will get their money back and maybe not. I do know that I see many ads that state something like the following "2007 twin turbo GT $75,000 invested, have all receipts, must sell $25,000 obo" and I dont see a lot of "2007 Shelby GT500, $45,000 invested, must sell $15,000 obo".

In other words I see a lot of hopped-up GT's selling for 1/3 of their cost but not so much with Shelbys.

are there still issues with getting hoods for SS?

Got an e-mail from SAI saying they were "being painted as we speak and moving right along." Hopefully that means the orders are not going to be held up as my car is there and this is week 4 of the process. Supposed to take 9 weeks, can't freakin' wait...

Got an e-mail from SAI saying they were "being painted as we speak and moving right along." Hopefully that means the orders are not going to be held up as my car is there and this is week 4 of the process. Supposed to take 9 weeks, can't freakin' wait...

My car has been in Las Vegas since Jan 6th. Can't get an answer from anyone as to when it will be done

My car has been in Las Vegas since Jan 6th. Can't get an answer from anyone as to when it will be done

OUCH!!! I hope mine doesn't take that long as the wife and I were planning on heading to SAI the first of May to pick the car up.

How long has the process taken for most people? I have been hearing 9 weeks from everyone at SAI.

Archived