TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I got fired today.

Ever?

So what are you saying? 4 evers make a never? I never was very good at the 2 negatives make positive; and 4 positives making a negative must be advanced math... :hysterical::poke:

WAIT! Should I say I NEVER NEVER was very good? Dammit Jeff, Now Im confused!

you just confused the hell out of me.

:::Update:::

the regional recruiter as well as Human resources has filed an "investigation." I'm not holding my breath, so I will be signing up for CAD design classes in May.

With her saying u still have 2 hours left, Would flip her the bird and walk out or pretend to go back to work and when she wasnt looking would go home haha

Nah I just hid the printing and faxing cables as well as disconnected the lan line cables.

God speed in finding those.

you just confused the hell out of me.

:::Update:::

the regional recruiter as well as Human resources has filed an "investigation." I'm not holding my breath, so I will be signing up for CAD design classes in May.

The only thing I would add is that I was a CAD design engineer for well over 20 years. The pay is not good at only around 40k - 45k with lots of experience and jobs in this field are practically non-existent and have been for a long time. Lots of the employment ads you see are for jobs that don't exist as the headhunters are simply collecting resumes. These CAD schools pump out graduates like Pez dispensers but employment prospects are bleak. I'm really not trying to rain on your parade, and any education is a good thing. If I were interested in doing this I would find a community college that teaches CAD and get a generic degree and also take the CAD classes. The CAD skills do not transfer to other professions well but the degree does. Community college is also cheaper in many cases than CAD or technical schools. Just wanted to give you something to think about from someone who has done it for a living. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

The only thing I would add is that I was a CAD design engineer for well over 20 years. The pay is not good at only around 40k - 45k with lots of experience and jobs in this field are practically non-existent and have been for a long time. Lots of the employment ads you see are for jobs that don't exist as the headhunters are simply collecting resumes. These CAD schools pump out graduates like Pez dispensers but employment prospects are bleak. I'm really not trying to rain on your parade, and any education is a good thing. If I were interested in doing this I would find a community college that teaches CAD and get a generic degree and also take the CAD classes. The CAD skills do not transfer to other professions well but the degree does. Community college is also cheaper in many cases than CAD or technical schools. Just wanted to give you something to think about from someone who has done it for a living. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

Thank you for the heads up, but this is just for J.I.C kinda thing. I plan on attending Wyotech after I graduate from CAD and take fabrication, upholstery, and High Horsepower drivetrain classes. Then try to open a full custom/ horsepower/ race inspired shop. Since we don't have one here, I see a great opportunity for me and my father.

::Update::

They offered me the same job, but at a different location for less pay than what I was getting.

In their words "It was a wrongful discharge, but I can see why she would do something of that sort."

I start Thursday.

:confused:

::Update::

They offered me the same job, but at a different location for less pay than what I was getting.

In their words "It was a wrongful discharge, but I can see why she would do something of that sort."

I start Thursday.

:confused:

I am proud of you. People that want to improve themselves are usually punished by their current employer if they are doing well in their current position because they fear the loss.

I enjoyed being at pay grade x and having two pay grade x+1 working for me. I didn't enjoy management much and have since become one of the x+1s. My latest patent issued last week.

Archived