TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many Canadian TS members

08SHELBYSS

Most 2006 GT-H's are now out of warranty and we are considered the second owners no warranty on strips either.

I can possible understand the GT-H's based on the date. I am having troubles with Shelby/FRP on my SGT warranty. Can't get anyone on the US side to acknowledge my car was sold brand new into Canada. It was never sold or titled to a US address. The dealer in the US got in big trouble for selling it but thats not my fault. I'm going to keep the pressure on until I get it resolved. Stay tuned.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everybody,

I've been fairly busy lately, not a lot of time to post. Here is a total by province, of people that have posted to this thread.

BC 9 / ON 7 / AB 5 / QC 2 / MD 1

Great to hear from everyone, hope your all enjoying your car's. 4 more weeks to go for me :happy feet: :shift:

Another one from Port Moody BC, 08 Grabber orange GT500 stripe delete.

Marty

Hi everybody,

I've been fairly busy lately, not a lot of time to post. Here is a total by province, of people that have posted to this thread.

BC 9 / ON 7 / AB 5 / QC 2 / MD 1

Great to hear from everyone, hope your all enjoying your car's. 4 more weeks to go for me :happy feet: :shift:

Another one from Port Moody BC, 08 Grabber orange GT500 stripe delete.

Marty

I'm from Mineville NS (10km from Halifax/Dartmouth) I own a 2008 GT500 Grabber Orange Convertible #44 of 81 that was purchased new from Avalon Ford NF two years before a local dealership (just 7km from house) became SVT Ceritified. Current mods are:

Appearance/bling mods:

CDC Dead Pedal

Steeda Hydraulic Hood Lifts

Web Electric Sequential Tail Lights

Carroll Shelby Signed Passenger Air Bag Cover

Carroll Shelby signed Center Dash Plaque and Door Sills (not yet installed)

Converted passenger seat to a power unit (keeps the wife from carjacking me)

Performance mods (installed):

FRPP FR3SVT Handling Package (full package)

Maximum Motorsport Adjustable Caster Camber Plates

FRPP KR Short Throw Shifter

FRPP KR Axle Back Mufflers (I had FRPP 5GT/Borla Stingers before but the wife couldnt take the drone).

Evolution Performance Lower Control arms (Poly bushings)

BMR Adjustable Upper Control Arm (Poly Bushings)

Metco Heavy Duty Upper Control Arm Bracket

Saleen Watts Link

Michelin Pilot Sport Tires (not really a performance mod but certainly better than the hockey puck like F1s)

Performance mods (sitting in house or currently on order):

C&R Heat Exchanger

C&R Radiator

Moroso Heat Exchanger Tank

Moroso Radiator Tank

Reisch 170 deg Thermostat

AP Racing 6 Piston Front Brake Package

FRPP Front Brake Cooling Kit

Shelby Bezels for Brake Cooling Kit.

DSCN0082.jpg

DSCN0469-1.jpg

This past Spring my wife purchased a '73 Mach I equipped a 351 Cleveland 4 Barrel (Cobra Jet) carburator P/S, P/B and C6 auto.

100_3140.jpg

DSCN0595.jpg

NewImage.jpg

We're both members of the local Mustang Club (Nova Scotia Mustang Club). The club currently has about about five GT500's, of which there are currrently three members who show up regulary for cruises, car shows, etc... I'm one the second is a 07 Grabber Convert GT500 SS with 605 HP and our newest one is an 10 Red Convertible GT500 with no engine, When I pressed the owner for information he just mumbled something about joining the "1000 hp club" so I'll leave that to your imagination as to what he's doing, if I had to guess, I'd say either a big Kenne Bell or maybe a twin turbo set-up.

If any of you are out this way give me a shout and I'll see if we could so something with the Club.

Didn't realize til now a Canadian section even existed LOL! Anyhoo, way out east on da Rock....there's quite a few GT500's here in St.John's area as local dealer has sold a couple dozen since 2007.

Yup a lot of us Bluenoser's got Shelby's from NF. The dealer was a lot less of a :jackinbox: :banghead::rant2::baby: than my only other option in NB prior to our local dealership SVT certification.

Here in Canmore, Alberta, I am very lucky to have an 08 Vista Blue GT500, an 07 GT-H along with one other much older Shelby car. All are original stock cars with no mods. These are just great cars, we are fortunate to have em. They are a real piece of Art and beauty.

If anyone is looking for a great car show in 2010, the Radium, B.C. car show is huge. Happens every year in August and had 1000 cars turn out in 09. Really good stuff!!!

QSS

Can I join in?

I'm orignally from the UK but moved to Saskatoon in 2005.

I currently have an '05 V6 Vert, Sonic Blue, Charcoal Leather Interior, Black Top, Auto Trans. (1 of 515 built with this combination) & an '07 V6 Coupe, Redfire, Light Graphite cloth interior, Auto Trans. The '07 is going to find a new home in the spring & the vert will be receiving a CS6 conversion.

Steve

Can I join in?

I currently have an '05 V6 Vert, Sonic Blue, Charcoal Leather Interior, Black Top, Auto Trans. (1 of 515 built with this combination) & an '07 V6 Coupe, Redfire, Light Graphite cloth interior, Auto Trans. The '07 is going to find a new home in the spring & the vert will be receiving a CS6 conversion.

Steve

Of course Steve! Happy New year to you! Welcome.

Cheers

Brett

Can I join in?

Steve

Steve Welcome to T.S we are all one BIG family here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I join in?

Steve

Well now that UK has joined.... Count me in as well... :dance:

I am still storing my GT500 in Manitoba... :headscratch:

Welcome Steve... Looking forward to seeing photo's of your new Shelby when she gets the make over... :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Markham Ontario here........ GT500 vista blue with white stripesshift.gif

I'd love to hang out as well....sorta disappeared for three years (had more kids and stuff) after I got My 2007 Vista Blue GT 500....I live in Stouffville....

Would love to get together!

Cheers,

Barry

Hi fellow Canucks!! I live just west of Toronto. would love to get together for a cruise , car show etc. I have a black 09 KR plus a few other Ford toys. I do a lot of cruises with my cobra buddies and Ford GT group as well,

Guest markham51

Super Snake 070248 White with Black stripes. 750hp Kenny Bell blower,

Welcome Robert,

I live in Muskokas near Mactier (one hr north of Barrie exit 189 off 400) and like to cruise/BS with fellow TS Members. Down south (NC) for winter till May, but please consider this an invitation to drop by sometime when you are in the area and things warm up considerably. I keep the SS in the US, but have a Red convert and blue 68KR in Canada.

Same goes for all you TS Ontario members, if you are ever in the area. Hey Steve, you owe me a visit brother!

Regards

Mark

Hey requis.......you must be the other Vista Blue GT500 I see around the area.

I think its time for a Team Shelby local meet and greet in the GTA area as soon the salt is gone.

Sending a shout-out to all in the GTA area......Meet and Greet in the parking lot at 1050 Hoover Park Drive, Souffville

Main Intersection: HIGHWAY 48 & HOOVER PARK DR

We'll just wait on the weather to set date and time.

Kim

Welcome Robert,

I live in Muskokas near Mactier (one hr north of Barrie exit 189 off 400) and like to cruise/BS with fellow TS Members. Down south (NC) for winter till May, but please consider this an invitation to drop by sometime when you are in the area and things warm up considerably. I keep the SS in the US, but have a Red convert and blue 68KR in Canada.

Same goes for all you TS Ontario members, if you are ever in the area. Hey Steve, you owe me a visit brother!

Regards

Mark

Mark:

Thanks for the invite, I shall take you up on this offer later in the year. Need some warm weather here, still only around -13C today..

To all other TS member, I would like to put together a weekend drive a stay up to Dear Hurst in Huntsville this summer, anyone interested?

Regards,

Robert

Mark:

Thanks for the invite, I shall take you up on this offer later in the year. Need some warm weather here, still only around -13C today..

To all other TS member, I would like to put together a weekend drive a stay up to Dear Hurst in Huntsville this summer, anyone interested?

Regards,

Robert

We would be interested.

My husband I did two car tours out of Hidden Valley Resort in 2009 and they have great rates and offered some parking lot security.

Kim

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there I am wondering how many TEAM SHELBY members there are in Canada, where you are and what kind of cars you have. I live in B.C. and would like to have some kind of get together this summer somewhere. They have so many neat events in the States it would be nice to do something here :beerchug: thanks in advance Randy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived