TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone need a cheap SS - Calling Ron Pratt

Had to chuckle at the sellers quote of:

If it is not sold for our asking price now, it will remain untouched and garaged until we offer it through Barrett-Jackson in five to ten years for much more than we ask today.

And some incorrect info in this quote:

This is one of only 427 Ford Mustang Shelby Super Snakes in the world!

And the seller may want to rethink this part:

I will help with delivery and arrange transport at my cost upon customer request.

Someone in say Dubai might just take him up on it.

I think that it is sad this guy would sell the car. He had the good fortune to be chosen and involved in such an historic event! WOW.... I was at the race in Vegas and saw this guy driving down the strip at about 10pm on Sunday tearing up the streets. I must say it sounded pretty sick. But cmon 300 g's and two weeks after the event? He owns a car dealership, not like he's hurting for cash??!! :finger: Wonder what Shelby would think if he saw the car being pimped out like this?

He can afford to pay shipping if he gets 300K for the car. SS is 85+- and the 427 was 6K. So he has 200K to ship the car!

MM

Good point and I'm sure we are all in agreement that the car will not sell for $310,000

Its a nice car with cool history but the max I can see anytime soon is $150k and I'm not even confident he can get that at Barrett Jackson.

Steve

this is a product of a simple true businessman. capture the moment sort of speak. in a while when the race is off people's mind, the value is diminished. as for the price, sure its outrageous to most of us, but somehow, somewhere, there will be that one person with unlimited resources to obtain it.

lot of us are enthusiast, period. we have passion behind it. but to few, its just business. if u study money in general, money control just about every facet of our lives.

to each its own.

one thing that should have been said was this one of 5 total ,,,official pace cars made...

the rarest one would be John Kellers KR

John is a true Shelby enthusiast.

There were a few soft offers to buy the KR at the race. John had no interest and he replied that maybe his 6 year old son will sell it one day, but he doubts it!

Right on, I will get to drive it again! B)

John is a true Shelby enthusiast.

There were a few soft offers to buy the KR at the race. John had no interest and he replied that maybe his 6 year old son will sell it one day, but he doubts it!

Right on, I will get to drive it again! B)

Thanks Michael -

I would have a real hard time parting with this car.

There are just too many memories tied to it. The cruise to Texas from Phoenix and back, driving the wheels off it in Terlingua, the sherriff in Marfa, the 2009 Shelby Bash and culminating with the official pace car honors at the Shelby 427 NASCAR weekend.

Having these wonderful experiences really enhances the ownership. If the owners of this car for sale had this kind of history, they would surely think twice about selling it.

And yes, Luke is on board. My son is cut from the same cloth, a Shelby guy in training. He can't wait to attend the 2024 Shelby Bash, driving the KR.

John

I think that it is sad this guy would sell the car. He had the good fortune to be chosen and involved in such an historic event! WOW.... I was at the race in Vegas and saw this guy driving down the strip at about 10pm on Sunday tearing up the streets. I must say it sounded pretty sick. But cmon 300 g's and two weeks after the event? He owns a car dealership, not like he's hurting for cash??!! :finger: Wonder what Shelby would think if he saw the car being pimped out like this?

Hey,

Let's get the story strait....

That wasn't the car for sale, that was me!

In fact, SAI asked Michael to drive this Alloy pace car from the track to the Shelby factory, where Jim Owen locked it up. Then we celebrated doing donuts in the parking lot before we left to burn up the Strip.

I am true believer in driving Shelbys!

BTW - the pace car light bar came in real handy to get through the grid lock leaving Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Cheers,

John

Hey,

Let's get the story strait....

That wasn't the car for sale, that was me!

In fact, SAI asked Michael to drive this Alloy pace car from the track to the Shelby factory, where Jim Owen locked it up. Then we celebrated doing donuts in the parking lot before we left to burn up the Strip.

Way to go John.....

Craig said he had a great time, but mate where is the photo's you promised !!!!!!

PM me or email me (at home not work).

Cheers Mate.

Man, you guys must be smokin something! Why would we not want that car to go for mega bucks!? Like they say, it will only improve the breed (and perhaps all of our resale values). :hide:

Yes I agree we want the car to go for mega bucks! I just don't understand why someone would want to part with a car so soon that can't be replaced, just for $$$$. If this car sells for what there asking it's just because of what Mr. Shelby has done for the brand and let’s hope they will do what he would a donate at least some of the proceeds to CSCF. From the looks of things the chance of that is about as much as them getting 310K….

John

this is a product of a simple true businessman. capture the moment sort of speak. in a while when the race is off people's mind, the value is diminished. as for the price, sure its outrageous to most of us, but somehow, somewhere, there will be that one person with unlimited resources to obtain it.

lot of us are enthusiast, period. we have passion behind it. but to few, its just business. if u study money in general, money control just about every facet of our lives.

to each its own.

sherpa,

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

John

Hi John,

I was parked next to you in Vegas at the Shelby bash this past Jan. I enjoy meeting you and respect the fact you intend to drive your car (KR) too. My 07 GT500 had 74K miles on it when I sold it to buy my Vapor 08. Mine is not the one listed on ebay. This guy is nuts and will never get it...not even at Barret Jackson in 10 years. I applaud you for enjoying your KR, the supercharger upgrade package you talked about installing, your sig on the roof, and the 427 package. I bought a Blue KR early on, just to mod and resell, and did well on it. Now they are not worth anywhere near what I sold it for. Yours, in my opinion, will hold its value because your smart upgrades......

Alex

Hi John,

I was parked next to you in Vegas at the Shelby bash this past Jan. I enjoy meeting you and respect the fact you intend to drive your car (KR) too. My 07 GT500 had 74K miles on it when I sold it to buy my Vapor 08. Mine is not the one listed on ebay. This guy is nuts and will never get it...not even at Barret Jackson in 10 years. I applaud you for enjoying your KR, the supercharger upgrade package you talked about installing, your sig on the roof, and the 427 package. I bought a Blue KR early on, just to mod and resell, and did well on it. Now they are not worth anywhere near what I sold it for. Yours, in my opinion, will hold its value because your smart upgrades......

Alex

Hey Alex,

Nice to hear for you, thanks for the kind words. I do intend to keep driving my cars at least to Shelby events and on nice weekend days. There too much fun to drive to leave them in the garage all the time.

You never can tell what these pace cars are going to go for in the future. It is the first time privately owned vehicles paced a NASCAR race. NASCAR usually get there pace cars from the manufactures, they use them for the weekend and then they strip the stickers a send them to the closest dealer to be sold as used cars. These 4 pace cars are a special part of Shelby history and probably will bring some value in the future but not sure of 310K Wright know.

Good to hear from you Alex!!

Archived