TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Centrally located mod shop

Why can't we have a centrall located mod shop? One that would be within easy driving distance of OH, KY, IN, IL, MI, GA, WV, TN, PA, etc. One that would be within an 8-10 hour drive of most of those locations? There is a mod shop in Rhode Island for the North East, Quantum in Texas, and SAI in Vegas. But the entire mid-west and South are ignored?

+1000

I've gone around and around about this! There are a lot of good shops that do quality work, (Tampa Bay Shelby, Lethal, etc.), and would be great candidates for Shelby certification. I realize the economy sux right now, and that money is pretty tight, but there are options to work around that.

Here's what I pitched: Select a Shelby recommended dealer/shop, say for example, Tampa Bay Shelby. Take your car there and have it modified, then fly in a Shelby tech to certify that it meets the standards of SAI, sign it off, and there you go! Naturally, all steps would have to be documented to the max, but that usually happens anyway! Certainly the price of an airline ticket and tech fees would be on par or more economical than shipping a car across the country, and everybody goes away happy!

Just an idea!

Sam

AKA:

There are some good SVT dealers, some that do racing etc., in IL. Victor Ford and Packey Webb some to mind, the issue is not desire on the part of SAI, or the dealers, but of cost of set-up, implementation, and support. It's my understanding, from dealers that have looked into it, that the start-up costs were the greatest concern and coming up with an ROI and business case difficult. Never mind a dealer getting capital to finance it.

Now with mod shops running for the last year perhaps SAI can present a stronger business case but with the effects of the economy and a tight credit market even that may just not be enough.

:cry:

MI doesn't make sense. (No offense) Too far north for the rest of us. And it is only a few hours away from Sean Hyland and I would think that would steal business from him. He would not be happy!!! Nor would people in the mid-west, etc. Plus you can't go to MI in the winter because of all the snow, ice, and road salt. Need a place that is centrally located, close to expressways like I-75. I-75 runs all the way from Florida to Canada. I-74 and others cross I-75. Again, centrall located. But someone with an excellent reputation and a large shop. And experience with modular motors. Paint booth and body shop in addition to the work area. And definitely, definitely, a dyno!!!!!!!

Archived