TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger fuel pump options

So my car (2008 shelby GT vert) is at Shelby Vegas as we speak getting the Kenne Bell put on. I have a question about the fuel pump. Or several questions. I heard many of the supercharger kits come with a GT500 fuel pump to upgrade the shelby GT fuel pump because it can not handle the superchargers. However Bud said the Kenne Bell comes with a fuel pump booster, not a new GT500 fuel pump. Is this adequate? does anyone have any knowledge of this? Has anyone had fuel pump failures/leaks? and if so was it remedied with a booster pump? Or is the GT 500 pump warranted? Has anyone done this?

So my car (2008 shelby GT vert) is at Shelby Vegas as we speak getting the Kenne Bell put on. I have a question about the fuel pump. Or several questions. I heard many of the supercharger kits come with a GT500 fuel pump to upgrade the shelby GT fuel pump because it can not handle the superchargers. However Bud said the Kenne Bell comes with a fuel pump booster, not a new GT500 fuel pump. Is this adequate? does anyone have any knowledge of this? Has anyone had fuel pump failures/leaks? and if so was it remedied with a booster pump? Or is the GT 500 pump warranted? Has anyone done this?

running the fuel pump booster is common with the KB. what warranty are you talking about? putting the KB on would void your Ford warranty. I'd go with the GT500 pumps.

The KB "Boost A Pump" feature has worked fine so far. I have tested it with repeated WOT on the track and have never been starved for fuel. Having said that, all indications are that the GT500 fuel pump is the gold standard and you would never go wrong with that on your car. Make sure you post some photos of you car when it returns to you.

Jim

The KB "Boost A Pump" feature has worked fine so far. I have tested it with repeated WOT on the track and have never been starved for fuel. Having said that, all indications are that the GT500 fuel pump is the gold standard and you would never go wrong with that on your car. Make sure you post some photos of you car when it returns to you.

Jim

H,

basically Jim just summed up what I was trying to explain to you last night.

I know how you only want the best for Peaches, hence my reason for bringing it up.

M

It will cost you more to go with the GT500 pumps vs the KB-BAP but the pumps, imo, are a superior solution for reasons I won't get into (because it apparently pi$$es off KB and seems to start food fights -lol).

Ditto for the MAFia 'extender' -- a proper MAF/sensor also costs more but is a superior solution, imo.

I think doing it right the first time is always better than doing it over.

It will cost you more to go with the GT500 pumps vs the KB-BAP but the pumps, imo, are a superior solution for reasons I won't get into (because it apparently pi$$es off KB and seems to start food fights -lol).

Ditto for the MAFia 'extender' -- a proper MAF/sensor also costs more but is a superior solution, imo.

+1 Dan

+2 Dan.

The stock KB fuel/MAF setup and stock tune will work fine as is. But in my opinion the best solution (for a lot of reasons) for any of the SC options is to go with the GT 500 fuel pump (Fuel Pump Link) and avoid using the MAFia extender.

I'm using the stock MAF sensor that came with the SGT and I am not maxing out the voltage at 6500 RPM and 9 psi boost. However a MAF sensor upgrade may be in my future.

A custom tune is required if you change the "standard" KB boost pump and/or the MAFia extender.

Good Luck

Archived