TEAM SHELBY FORUM

THANK YOU JBA!!!

ok folks before any one says anything im going to say this right now. i used a digital camera to take this video. the sound qualitys pretty crappy but you can hear the key details. this camera is HORRIBLE about not picking up low tone sounds. that being said the rumble is hard to hear. further more, the pipes are so loud that the auto limiter kicked in on the camera, therefor you can't hear how loud these suckers get. theyr a good sound with AMAZING acceleration sound. i'll post a drive by when i get the chance. ENJOY

note this set up is 1 5/8 long tubes going into 3 inch collectors to a 3 inch catless h-pipe to hi-flow mufflers. currently untuned until i get my tuner(sometime this week) this system cost abotu 1700 and is well worth the money, their projected gains are 27 hp with hipo tune. this system is available from shelby the tips are engraved Shelby JBA. when i install my cdc delete plates and underdrive pulleys i should be looking at some pretty numbers for an na car.

new_pa19.jpg

heres the video

Youtube is blocked for me at work <_<

I'm really curious to see how this turned out, as I'm thinking of going with the long tubes myself.

When do you plan to dyno your SGT?

Ken

not sure my local dyno shops charges 150 for 3 pulls and he's REALLY REAAHAHAHAALY hard to get booked with. i think i'll probably go in when my club does but if they decide not to do one in the next month then i'll schedule a pull asap.

EDIT:

since your interested i'll post some drive bys tommarow. as far as i have see im the only person to post video fo the full system, so i'll be kind to other. i went in almost blind on this thing. the closest i heard was a gt500 equiped with this same system.

I just watched it at home. Wow, what a big difference from stock. I can't imagine what this setup plus my cams would sound like. My neighbors already hate me enough! Thanks for the clip.

Ken

with lopey cams this thing would be PURE SEX. it shakes the car on start up. i want to do cams sometime i just dont have the money right now.

i should add i nearly vibrated the camera off the box it was sitting on! :dance:

with lopey cams this thing would be PURE SEX. it shakes the car on start up. i want to do cams sometime i just dont have the money right now.

i should add i nearly vibrated the camera off the box it was sitting on! :dance:

I'm seriously regretting the investment I made with the shorty headers. I didn't see nearly the gains I expected and the difference in sound was barely noticeable.

The cams make this thing rumble and quake the neighbors awake every morning. I love them. I certainly don't need any more attention from the local five oh, but I'm not sure that I can resist the long tubes much longer. ;)

Ken

I'm seriously regretting the investment I made with the shorty headers. I didn't see nearly the gains I expected and the difference in sound was barely noticeable.

The cams make this thing rumble and quake the neighbors awake every morning. I love them. I certainly don't need any more attention from the local five oh, but I'm not sure that I can resist the long tubes much longer. ;)

Ken

I have to agree.... I may go L/T's eventually as well......

I have to agree.... I may go L/T's eventually as well......

Have you shopped around at all? If so, which brand are you looking at?

I haven't researched them at all, but I'm sure the JBA LT's are quality.

Do ya know if anyone else is making them?

Ken

Did you put the long tubes in yourself? Did the engine need to be droped to get them on?

i was going to i just didnt hav the time, i had the lts sitting in my garage for 2 months, couldnt take it any longer and had them put in. the engine has to be lifted to have them slipped into place. further more when the system is installed DONT DONT DONT DONT and just to reiterate DONT WELD IT IN. put at LEAST 200 miles on it before you weld it in. the system will grow by nearly an inch from thermal exspansion, this is called settling, large systems do this alot. my system grew so much it was pressed against its mounts so hard it was squicking instead of rattling. we had to cut almost 1.5 inchs out to get it to fit again. welded it together(i put 400 miles on it before we welded it) and its tight as a rock now.

i should ad this system is more intended for a forced induction set up but it works either way. with forced induction you will see large gains from it. if you dont plan on going forced induction then the smalled pipe may be a better choice. personaly i like the larger system, you gain more horsepower but not as much torque. im runnign na for now till i can afford the sc i want.

jba's pipes are top quality. theyr the only thing i will put on my car(s) from now on.

Nice system-definitely want to see and hear a vid of a drive by and acceleration off the line.

its AMAZING, hopefully the weather conditions improve, if the roads are wet i wont do ti today. its got a very throaty roar to it and an after chirp(or whatever you want to call it) when you shift.

Ken

kahmann ill buy youre shortys from you to help finance youre long tubes let me know.

Guest hfrosso

that's awsome !!!!! great sound!!!!I also wanted to get the sound lowder, but don't want to spend a lot of money.

I was just thinking of an axle back upgrade, or replace them with long tubes.

if anyone can give me an idea i'll apreciate!!!

Thank's!!!

kahmann ill buy youre shortys from you to help finance youre long tubes let me know.

Right on thanks man! You'll have dibs on them, once I get them out. I'm hoping within the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted.

Ken

I had a 06 gt with the JBAs complete system with the shortys on it i thought it sounded great when I got my gt500 I stayed with JBAs complete system with long tube headers a big diff i would go with the longs as for putting them in u sould drop the k member to get to some of the bolts its a pain in the ass but well worth it and yes the system will get longer it took me a while to find where that damm squicking the mounts on the muffler was rubbing only when it got hot

I had a 06 gt with the JBAs complete system with the shortys on it i thought it sounded great when I got my gt500 I stayed with JBAs complete system with long tube headers a big diff i would go with the longs as for putting them in u sould drop the k member to get to some of the bolts its a pain in the ass but well worth it and yes the system will get longer it took me a while to find where that damm squicking the mounts on the muffler was rubbing only when it got hot

thats what mine di, i knew it was going to happen though o it asnt welded till it had to to settle to the car.i'll post a drive by tommarow guys. weather was really bad here so i diditn do it. i might even throw in a burn out if im feeling generous :shift:

alright boys and girls heres the 3 inch jba system videos i promised, the quality's not the best but its all i could do for now since i dont have a new camera.

first off heres the car accelerating away. the system sounds amazing, with forced induction the growl would be even more intense.

second its an oncoming, i let of the throttle right after i pass the camera, thought i cop had turned onto the road.

and third heres one from the cockpit, i'll post more as i get time to take them

if you guys have any questions i'll be more then happy to answer them.

TEL ME WHAT YOU THINK! :shift:

Beware of JBA products.

They have sold to another company.

I ordered something from them and it has taken 4 months to get it!

Hopefully I'll see it next week. :banghead:

thats news to me but very good information to have, hopefully there products stay top quality

Archived