TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharging with automatic transmission

After Tasca Ford special "supercharging Shelby GT" with the 475HP supercharger, will the transmission need any mods done to keep me out of trouble?

I asked both Dennis at Tasca, and Dustin Whipple the same question and they said no. I was also informed that Ford Racing is going to give their "stamp of approval" on the 475 h.o. kit for the automatic. Getting mine done on Monday, can't wait!!!

I asked both Dennis at Tasca, and Dustin Whipple the same question and they said no. I was also informed that Ford Racing is going to give their "stamp of approval" on the 475 h.o. kit for the automatic. Getting mine done on Monday, can't wait!!!
Thanks, I feel better now.

I am currently getting mine done at Vegas. No mods to transmission required, but I am getting Kenne Bell. My question is, the fuel pump. I have heard there are some issues, and many superchargers switch to the GT500 fuel pump. The Kenne Bell Bud says comes with a booster pump. Does anyone have any experience with fuel pump failures/leaks, and so is it resolved with a booster pump?

Mine is a 2008 Barrett Jackson Convertible with Automatic. I got the 500HP Kenne Bell. No changes needed. I'll be back to the track with some better wheels/tires. Ought to do <13 and get me kicked off the track at which time I retire (<13 requires a functional roll bar - the light bar doesn't count).

Yes, but I have a full roll bar installed a few months ago, with door bars and all. So I can go under 13 without getting kicked out!! Maybe you need a rollbar! Piper motorsports in VA put it in for me. :happy feet:

Yes, but I have a full roll bar installed a few months ago, with door bars and all. So I can go under 13 without getting kicked out!! Maybe you need a rollbar! Piper motorsports in VA put it in for me. :happy feet:

I don't plan on making a career out of it (I may do that with the Cobra). I'd like the SGT to "breath hard" once, just to show it can do 12.x and then I'll put the little pony out to pasture :) [i love our little horse analogies.]

[Cool - Wilson Pickett's Mustang Sally is on the radio as I'm typing this.]

I am currently getting mine done at Vegas. No mods to transmission required, but I am getting Kenne Bell. My question is, the fuel pump. I have heard there are some issues, and many superchargers switch to the GT500 fuel pump. The Kenne Bell Bud says comes with a booster pump. Does anyone have any experience with fuel pump failures/leaks, and so is it resolved with a booster pump?

I have the K/B 500 HP on mine with 2300 miles to date no problems. Runs like the wind, tons of low end and mid range torque!

PJ

I have the GT500 kit which came with my WHIPPLE, but I also added a KB BOOST A PUMP for added regulation on the fuel system.

Archived