TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Steeda under drive pullies

I received the pullies from HORSBYT last week and just have a quick question before I install them.

Is a new tune required for these? I've also got the Steeda billet charge motion plates to install, which I know require a re-flash.

I'm just wondering if I should plan on having a file ready to upload, once these are in. Thanks for any info.

Ken

I received the pullies from HORSBYT last week and just have a quick question before I install them.

Is a new tune required for these? I've also got the Steeda billet charge motion plates to install, which I know require a re-flash.

I'm just wondering if I should plan on having a file ready to upload, once these are in. Thanks for any info.

Ken

negative theyr just bolt on and go and DONT REUSE THE OLD BOLTS

Ken

A reflash is not needed for just the UDPs.

Will those things REALLY free up 5 to 10 hp as claimed??

Yes, they are good for at least 5 extra horsepower, maybe a even a couple more.

OK guys thanks a lot. I'll try to get this hammered out this week and get some pics up.

ilmor, I'm headed for another dyno pull in another 2 weeks. I'll be able to tell you what the HP gain is then.

Ken

EDIT: Thanks again HORSBYT for the good deal!

OK guys thanks a lot. I'll try to get this hammered out this week and get some pics up.

ilmor, I'm headed for another dyno pull in another 2 weeks. I'll be able to tell you what the HP gain is then.

Ken

EDIT: Thanks again HORSBYT for the good deal!

No worries! Enjoy!

Whatever horsepower gain you get,you probably want feel it . A little h.p. gain here and there though do add up.

Well that's kind of been my objective. A little here and a little there has added up to about 100 HP over stock, which I certainly have noticed. :)

Ken

That will be interesting to see! Thanks.

I've wanted to do UDP's from the get go. I just can't loose AC efficiency here in AZ (120 in summer). Has anyone noticed a substantial decrease in AC efficiency?

ken, i would be very intrested in the HP difference in the charge plates and pullies. I noticed steeda stated in thier catalog the plates require a re-tune and the Carbon Fiber Elbow requires a re-tune. It looked to me like you may get about 20 HP out of the 3 itmes i mentioned.

Also th AC may be a concern for me here in kansas. It will be interesting to see your results.

-Billy

post-23697-1236882513_thumb.jpg

post-23697-1236882513_thumb.jpg

ken, i would be very intrested in the HP difference in the charge plates and pullies. I noticed steeda stated in thier catalog the plates require a re-tune and the Carbon Fiber Elbow requires a re-tune. It looked to me like you may get about 20 HP out of the 3 itmes i mentioned.

Also th AC may be a concern for me here in kansas. It will be interesting to see your results.

-Billy

I'll definitely post the results when I have them.

The CF inlet elbow does not require a re-tune FYI. This has been discussed a few times on here before.

It's really just a styling mod. I (and many others) noticed zero gains after installing the 'high flow inlet elbow'. Either way, it certainly does look nice under the hood!

Ken

I'll definitely post the results when I have them.

The CF inlet elbow does not require a re-tune FYI. This has been discussed a few times on here before.

It's really just a styling mod. I (and many others) noticed zero gains after installing the 'high flow inlet elbow'. Either way, it certainly does look nice under the hood!

Ken

yuppers you have to retune for any intake gains.

The only way you would need a retune is if you were installing a cold air kit with the carbon fiber or any other inlet elbow to a stock Mustang G.T. I don't believe Steeda was implying you need a retune to a Shelby G.T. considering we already have a cold air kit. Look is all you've getting on the carbon fiber elbow and is is much better looking than stock.

The only way you would need a retune is if you were installing a cold air kit with the carbon fiber or any other inlet elbow to a stock Mustang G.T. I don't believe Steeda was implying you need a retune to a Shelby G.T. considering we already have a cold air kit. Look is all you've getting on the carbon fiber elbow and is is much better looking than stock.

Yes, Steeda does specifically say that the SGT and SGT-H require a retune even when just replacing the elbow.

Here it is...

http://www.steeda.com/products/s197_carbon..._inlet_tube.php

Yes, Steeda does specifically say that the SGT and SGT-H require a retune even when just replacing the elbow.

Here it is...

http://www.steeda.com/products/s197_carbon..._inlet_tube.php

Steeda says that on their site, yes. I called them directly, however, and they told me that it wasn't necessary.

Doug at Bamachips and Keith at Force Fed Performance (the two shops I have had tunes from) both told me that it made zero difference.

Just my .02. If anyone feels like paying for a re-flash, it's definitely your call. I'm just trying to save someone the dough.

Ken

Steeda says that on their site, yes. I called them directly, however, and they told me that it wasn't necessary.

Doug at Bamachips and Keith at Force Fed Performance (the two shops I have had tunes from) both told me that it made zero difference.

Just my .02. If anyone feels like paying for a re-flash, it's definitely your call. I'm just trying to save someone the dough.

Ken

I get the feeling that Steeda says this just to get people to buy their re-flash unit.

Ken

I agree with you 100%. I installed the elbow and didn't get their claimed HP gains. It's all marketing and getting us to buy their Koolaide. And if everyone else here buys a mod their I go like a sheep and buy it too... I had a lot more money before this car and this site. Never been happier too. :yahoo:

I agree with you 100%. I installed the elbow and didn't get their claimed HP gains. It's all marketing and getting us to buy their Koolaide. And if everyone else here buys a mod their I go like a sheep and buy it too... I had a lot more money before this car and this site. Never been happier too. :yahoo:

LOL I know what you mean about the money you used to have! Between the stocks and the mods, I'm about tapped out. ;)

Ken

I'm interested in the udp's also but concerned about the a/c. With the pulleys slowing your assesories lose 25 percent i have a big question mark about them. A/C is as important to me as heat is in Buffalo .With 100 degree heat and 90 to 100 percent humidity a/c is not an option but mandatory. They don't call Houston the A/C capital of the world for nothing.

I'm interested in the udp's also but concerned about the a/c. With the pulleys slowing your assesories lose 25 percent i have a big question mark about them. A/C is as important to me as heat is in Buffalo .With 100 degree heat and 90 to 100 percent humidity a/c is not an option but mandatory. They don't call Houston the A/C capital of the world for nothing.

It Houston is the A/C capital, then I must be surely living in one of the Heater capitals here in CT, so I should be fine! :lol:

Does anyone know, are the pullys replaced by the Steeda U/D pulley set different from the idler pullies which get replaced by the Two Piece Billet set? Might be nice to do all of these pullies at once;

http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_two_...ey_kit_s197.php

http://www.steeda.com/products/s197_underdrive_pulley.php

Does anyone know, are the pullys replaced by the Steeda U/D pulley set different from the idler pullies which get replaced by the Two Piece Billet set? Might be nice to do all of these pullies at once;

http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_two_...ey_kit_s197.php

http://www.steeda.com/products/s197_underdrive_pulley.php

Yeah they're different. I have the idler pulley set on order, so I've decided to wait to tear into the U/D install, until the other set arrives. Hopefully this week!

Ken

WildAzCat,

Great looking on your car!

Any issues of the elbow working loose?

Had read where others may have had problems with other aftermarket elbows.

Thanks!

Lg

Forgot to say that I never installed the A/C pulley. Did not like the way it worked.

Everyone here realizes that the UD pulley kit for the 05-09 doesn't include an AC pulley right?

It's just the crank pulley/damper (smaller than stock) and the water pump pulley (bigger than stock) and that's it.

Just a heads up for any of those fellas that maybe didn't realize this.

Ken

WildAzCat,

Great looking on your car!

Any issues of the elbow working loose?

Had read where others may have had problems with other aftermarket elbows.

Thanks!

Lg

Thanks for the props. I also read about the elbow coming loose but it has stayed exactly as installed in the few month that I've had it. Maybe others did not torque it down as tightly as it should have... If anyone buys the CF elbow it should be for looks and not HP gain. Otherwise you will disappointed.

Archived