TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Obama says he accepts 'imperfect' spending bill

They have branches there.

I know citi is investing in China along with another bank.

By investing there they'll be able to fetch profits later.

I know what you mean about them investing your tax money but in the long term it'll prove the best for American companies.

Bacause what's going on now is panic and speculation.

Rates are lower so most people should be able to pay their mortgages, but then they loose their jobs and fail payments.

Right now big banks like Bofa and Citi need to have money rolling all over the world.

The wrongest move any country or company could make right now would be extreme protectionism. That would send us all down the drain back to the thirties.

Problem is that people need help now not later

Problem is that people need help now not later

I know what you mean Scoob, but there's not much to do now. The economy needs to settle.

Even if you give away money now, because people are scared about the future, most of that money won't be invested so the problem will not be solved.

Did you know Bofa and Citi are the biggest card issuers in China? If they step back other banks will step in and profit.

This is the way the market works.

If your officials were sure that giving away money would make the economy recover don't you think they'd do it?

These are hard times, some of us have to suffer but all that wil make us stronger and wiser.

I know what you mean Scoob, but there's not much to do now. The economy needs to settle.

Even if you give away money now, because people are scared about the future, most of that money won't be invested so the problem will not be solved.

Did you know Bofa and Citi are the biggest card issuers in China? If they step back other banks will step in and profit.

This is the way the market works.

If your officials were sure that giving away money would make the economy recover don't you think they'd do it?

These are hard times, some of us have to suffer but all that wil make us stronger and wiser.

I agree with you. I do not think we should have bailed them out in the first place. Let them fail and let someone else have a chance to do the job. That is what free enterprise is all about.

And the problem is our Government is giving and throwing away money on ideas that are not going to work.

I agree with you. I do not think we should have bailed them out in the first place. Let them fail and let someone else have a chance to do the job. That is what free enterprise is all about.

And the problem is our Government is giving and throwing away money on ideas that are not going to work.

That could have been dangerous. They would bankrupt and a lot of people would have lost their jobs, with visible damege to the economy.

And some of that money being given away is with the soul purpose of getting that money to circulate.

Believe me those big banks will learn a lesson from this crisis and will come out stronger and buy other countries smaller banks, therefore generating profits for the American people.

I'm with ya on that brother. That's the way capitalism works, the strong survive. All the government is doing is rewarding mismanagement, and padding their pockets and their buddy's pockets with our money.

With all that pork, they have figured out a way to get their hands on some of that money for their own personal interest.

I'm with ya on that brother. That's the way capitalism works, the strong survive. All the government is doing is rewarding mismanagement, and padding their pockets and their buddy's pockets with our money.

With all that pork, they have figured out a way to get their hands on some of that money for their own personal interest.

So you'd prefer your government'd let big banks like Bofa and Citi and all the others they bought during this crisis to fail?

And then they'd be sold at discount prices to banks from another countries, right?

You know, here in portugal banks didn't have so manu problems as yours. They don't get the same profits either. But they'd love to buy Citi; or Bofa for one dollar. I'd buy them!

Your government is helping your banks and ultimately thousands of American people's jobs.

I don't think you guys would like to become like latin america, economy wise.

So you'd prefer your government'd let big banks like Bofa and Citi and all the others they bought during this crisis to fail?

And then they'd be sold at discount prices to banks from another countries, right?

You know, here in portugal banks didn't have so manu problems as yours. They don't get the same profits either. But they'd love to buy Citi; or Bofa for one dollar. I'd buy them!

Your government is helping your banks and ultimately thousands of American people's jobs.

I don't think you guys would like to become like latin america, economy wise.

I think we need the governement to assist with the bank crisis to some extent, but that's another subject. We're talking about the PORK in the so-called "stimulus" bill in this topic.

Hm, Bacon!

It's what's for breakfast, in Washington anyway. We'll be standing in the soup lines.

That's not going to happen, believe me.

Many countries are doing much worse than you guys.

Just hang on!

Archived