TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This is a COOL Home

House is cool but the guy is sort of asking for a HANDOUT I think thats really shady that you put a house up on ebay and then not let anyone bid on it with hopes that you are going to make enough from from a cave party to pay for the house it more or less is an advertisement for a handout. I'm still not sure if he is charging to attend the cave party and that is how he expects to pay the mortgage. If you read all the questions people asked him he clearly answers that he is trying to get financing I think he could have sold his cave house many times over if he was really intersted in selling it.

I actually offered him more than he asked on the ebay listing and he says his family doesn't want him to sell now...Im almost positive this was a stunt to get a handout. I thought it was a bargain at 500,000 considering the space the cave actually has. Always wanted a batcave... :hysterical:

I actually offered him more than he asked on the ebay listing and he says his family doesn't want him to sell now...Im almost positive this was a stunt to get a handout. I thought it was a bargain at 500,000 considering the space the cave actually has. Always wanted a batcave... :hysterical:

Why offer MORE then listed......... Bid on it, it is a Legal Contract and if you WIN it, he has to sell it to you.

Why offer MORE then listed......... Bid on it, it is a Legal Contract and if you WIN it, he has to sell it to you.

Well, when i tried to "qualify to bid" he sent me back a notice that he had outside offers substantially more than the starting price...notice no one bid, it is not because of a lack of interest...

And as far as the contract binding...sellers may retract their auctions at any time, with only the threat of negative feedback. Ebay is not binding, and many cars are on Ebay but also for sale locally and may be withdrawn at any time kind of thing. But if you cant even bid on it, he saves himself that issue all together. Like I said, I feel it was nothing more than a publicity stunt at this point.

Well, when i tried to "qualify to bid" he sent me back a notice that he had outside offers substantially more than the starting price...notice no one bid, it is not because of a lack of interest...

And as far as the contract binding...sellers may retract their auctions at any time, with only the threat of negative feedback. Ebay is not binding, and many cars are on Ebay but also for sale locally and may be withdrawn at any time kind of thing. But if you cant even bid on it, he saves himself that issue all together. Like I said, I feel it was nothing more than a publicity stunt at this point.

You are most likely right on the Stunt........

Archived