TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby ownership

1badsho

I realize that virtually 99% of the posts or 100%, are from then male population. Has anyone read any posts from the opposite sex ?

Obviously most woman who would buy this car probably wouldnt join the forum or be as active as us.

dond

I realize that virtually 99% of the posts or 100%, are from then male population. Has anyone read any posts from the opposite sex ?

Obviously most woman who would buy this car probably wouldnt join the forum or be as active as us.

dond

Along with the shaker 1000 you can have an ez-bake oven put in these things? :headspin:

<flamesuit on> :sos:

Close to the thread I started, but I have read other posts in this forum that if it wasnt for our wives loving support .... most of "us" men wouldnt be on this list.

Not saying I am hen pecked. But we arent millionaries just a ordinary family with above average means. If it wasnt for her blessing to do this and our dealer that I work for giving me the car at a very very reasonable price, this post wouldnt be taking place today !

dond

Get the little women a GT and she will love it. Mine loves hers. :shift:

That's right, mine loves hers too. I made the mistake of telling some one that it was mine one time and one time only. She all but :chairshot: me. She says she will drive the Shelby but I doubt it will be very often. She'll be a nervious wreck.

dond

My wifes birthday present Convertible had to be returned............. Last year for her birthday she got a Ford 500 AWD and now the Shelby for nice days. Maybe the replacement will be here by Christmas?

My wifes birthday present Convertible had to be returned............. Last year for her birthday she got a Ford 500 AWD and now the Shelby for nice days. Maybe the replacement will be here by Christmas?

Please Confirm:

Your buying your wife a GT500 for her birthday ? I think thats what I heard!

I gotta ask - Is "hen pecked" like , pussy whipped ? :baby:

For those who fit that description ... I would concur ... though ... i do have to bow down to her on occasion ... See .. extenuating circumstances ... She is in law enforcement .. and carries a 9mm ... she wouldnt shoot me .. she would shoot the shelby .. it would hurt more !

dond

ps: wont even go there about the handcuffs !

My wife drove my 350Z and liked it.

She just sat in the Rufstang - and (engine off) - tried to work the Hurst shifter. Game over.

(when she first drove the Z - she went from 3rd to 2nd instead of 4th. She'll never know how much I love her) :doh:

My wife drove it once and wants no parts of it. She isn't impressed and is scared to death someone will hit her.

mastermech...there you go again...my wife said exactly that before I even have the car...."Dave, I'll be scared to drive that car...I'm not going to risk wrecking a $50,000 car or having someone hit me."

Oh well, she'll have to drive the '69 Camaro...it's only worth $30,000. :hysterical:

Dave

I gotta ask - Is "hen pecked" like , pussy whipped ? :baby:

Do a search on henpecked...I put a joke about it in the jokes thread some time ago. It will answer your question.

Dave

mastermech...there you go again...my wife said exactly that before I even have the car...."Dave, I'll be scared to drive that car...I'm not going to risk wrecking a $50,000 car or having someone hit me."

Dave

Funny...that's kind of how I feel. My wife has much more experience with high hp cars than I do. Her dad is a big gearhead. She is so excited to drive it...the thought makes my hands sweat. :baby:

I went out and started the buying process on our Shelby. My guy has always been there for me. This is a dream come true for him, and I am thrilled we are getting it....So are my two motorhead sons! It is a joke that it is my new car, but I will probably have a chauffeur most of the time! I will try driving it but I don't really think I can do her justice. It looks like the Focus will be my daily driver.... and he did pick up a 2006 Ford 500 for me when I want something nicer for going out. I would really like to see him restore the 71 Cobra Torino for me. Probably something I could handle better.

I know alot of ladies bought the gt500, they don't post on sites. they drive it, they wash it, they love it.....

most dont even know about these sites.

Amy

Feel free to invite them over, Amy! You and I need to work on the male-to-female ratio on StangsUnleashed! :hyper:

I went out and started the buying process on our Shelby. My guy has always been there for me. This is a dream come true for him, and I am thrilled we are getting it....So are my two motorhead sons! It is a joke that it is my new car, but I will probably have a chauffeur most of the time! I will try driving it but I don't really think I can do her justice. It looks like the Focus will be my daily driver.... and he did pick up a 2006 Ford 500 for me when I want something nicer for going out. I would really like to see him restore the 71 Cobra Torino for me. Probably something I could handle better.

I see in your sig that you've owned quite a few Broncos. It wouldn't by chance be the case that any of those was a white, slow-moving Bronco from California? :ohsnap:

Dave

I see in your sig that you've owned quite a few Broncos. It wouldn't by chance be the case that any of those was a white, slow-moving Bronco from California? :ohsnap:

Dave

I will have to check with the guys. There are so many "builders" around here I don't really know each one anymore. They are deer hunting this weekend so I will let you know when they return. Oh, those are ones we own now. if I listed all we have owned it would be over 100 cars long. He is a car freak!

I know alot of ladies bought the gt500, they don't post on sites. they drive it, they wash it, they love it.....

Amy

This site has been an eye opener for me and a great way to learn about the shelby (and the men) LOL

I especially like the more technical side. It has been very informative.

I will have to check with the guys. There are so many "builders" around here I don't really know each one anymore. They are deer hunting this weekend so I will let you know when they return. Oh, those are ones we own now. if I listed all we have owned it would be over 100 cars long. He is a car freak!

This site has been an eye opener for me and a great way to learn about the shelby (and the men) LOL

So what your saying is....

A Technical Type Man + A Shelby GT500 = SEXY :wub:

:hysterical:

I'm waiting for AmyB to fill in her sig. ... it only takes a few minutes. I bet she has a few cool machines.

Ok, ask and ye shall receive.... I updated my profile and signature.... sometimes too much info is not a good thing..... LOL

Amy

LOL, there in lies the secret....lol :hysterical:

Amy

Amy:

I would think most of us would agree with your opinion on the Shelby series 1 .

Very Nice Car.

I've been around a while reading and i'm buying a gt500 soon. I am a hp freak. I bought my husband a 03 terminator for christmas 12/02 and he sold it after a year. He felt guilty having it. I'm currently begging him for a 07 for "him". Actually i want the car sooo much more than he does. I'm driving a 06 gt coupe right now and i'm not wanting to get pulled by anything on my drive home. I'm a racer at heart but you know i never seems to get many offers unless i start it first. Is that a guy thing? He goes to lunch in the gt and takes and hour for take out cause he's out the hwy running someone what's up with this? And to answer the question is hen pecked the same as "pw" yes i'd say it is. LOL

tammy

Just joined the forum this evening so that I could spend some time where it seems my husband is having so much fun (SCGT500). So I'll be known as SCGT500 Co Pilot for now.

I'm getting a really hard time about my driving of my husbands car when it comes in (Nov.27 - hopefully).

Someone here on this forum even made a stab at me today at a car show in Virginia Beach, not naming names but he drives something called a Ruffstang. Oops! Did I give him away. He was only joking I'm sure.

So this is the deal, if the husband has a hang up with my driving that's fine (but he says he doesn't). I can put my name in for the 2008 pretty soon then we'll have a his and hers duo. Bet that doesn't go over well. Better yet I believe Dodge is putting a muscle car together for next year. Oh that would not be good.

Ruffstang, just wait til I take you for a ride in my ride. Believe me, it will be a ride to remember!

So, all that being said I guess my owning of the 2007 is out, but time will tell on the rest of this story.

Good Nite all,

Co Pilot

Archived