TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TEXAS SHELBY TRACK RENTAL

Oh Rick, I got you beat....read this...from another section I posted it on....but here it is...

What a craptacular day...

I got to Sealy about 1:30, but no one was there so I went on into town and sat at Katy Mills for 2 hours waiting for someone to show up and then walked into Bass Pro Shops and walked straight into the first stationary object in the place and JACKED my knee...so not only did I have to limp back to my car on one leg, but then drive my car with extreme pain with every push of the clutch....for 180 miles...

BTW- I passed the track we were gonna go to, and by then there were several cars there already...but you guys didnt want any part of me by then, I was plenty hot...

Hope it was fun! I would prefer a day not in the heat of summer though next time...103 was kinda ridiculous even in the car. And the memo about not meeting at Katy Mills would have been a handy plus as well.

Im on Vicodin now....I feel funny, but my knee still hurts a little bit...

Oh Rick, I got you beat....read this...from another section I posted it on....but here it is...

I got to Sealy about 1:30, but no one was there so I went on into town and sat at Katy Mills for 2 hours waiting for someone to show up and then walked into Bass Pro Shops and walked straight into the first stationary object in the place and JACKED my knee...so not only did I have to limp back to my car on one leg, but then drive my car with extreme pain with every push of the clutch....for 180 miles...

BTW- I passed the track we were gonna go to, and by then there were several cars there already...but you guys didnt want any part of me by then, I was plenty hot...

Hope it was fun! I would prefer a day not in the heat of summer though next time...103 was kinda ridiculous even in the car. And the memo about not meeting at Katy Mills would have been a handy plus as well.

i got my memo a long time ago. chris let me know to not meet at the mall, but at the track. you should have stopped . we all had a great time. i loved watching the vipers get beat by the shelbys. an added plus was that one of the slowest cars there was a corvette :happy feet: all in all, very good experience. good people. it was my first time driving at a 1/4 track. learned a lot. the most important thing i learned is that i need some upper and / or lower control arms and drag radials. folks were friendly and helpful. thanks to chris for putting on the event. injoyed meeting mark (snake 08)...fast car :drool:

I thought you got my message about the new times and that we was meeting at the mall. I sent it to everybody in my PMs who was insteaded in coming.

i got my memo a long time ago. chris let me know to not meet at the mall, but at the track. you should have stopped . we all had a great time. i loved watching the vipers get beat by the shelbys. an added plus was that one of the slowest cars there was a corvette :happy feet: all in all, very good experience. good people. it was my first time driving at a 1/4 track. learned a lot. the most important thing i learned is that i need some upper and / or lower control arms and drag radials. folks were friendly and helpful. thanks to chris for putting on the event. injoyed meeting mark (snake 08)...fast car :drool:

Yeah, everyone I have met on here is awesome! I wanted to stop, believe me, but I could barely move my leg and you know I actually started thinking how many clutch depresses would stopping take? :lol: At that point I figured I better get home in case my knee got even worse. The good news is it is MUCH better today, but I still cant put too much pressure on it. It may be lucky I did that...who knows? I may may have dodged some terrible fate by something like that happening...it sure was wierd! I felt like a moron when it happened.

I thought you got my message about the new times and that we was meeting at the mall. I sent it to everybody in my PMs who was insteaded in coming.

I just looked again, and yeah, May 6 at like 2:06am...I cant explain not remembering the PM. Although you may have caught me at a memory challenged moment for whatever reason. I am not upset at anyone but myself for what happened, Chris, I saw some cars there at the track at like 4:30. I just didnt want to stop and make my first impressions with many of you in the state I was in...I dont think I would have been much fun. Im sorry I didnt remember the time changes...I stand corrected. Oh well, I did get a nice long peaceful ride in my car... :shift:

Chris, thanks for putting this together. Sorry my car was running poorly. Let's do it again. or catch up at Baytown. By the way, got back to the shop last night and did some checking. Switched throttle bodies and found my missing 6 lbs. of boost.

Chris, thanks for putting this together. Sorry my car was running poorly. Let's do it again. or catch up at Baytown. By the way, got back to the shop last night and did some checking. Switched throttle bodies and found my missing 6 lbs. of boost.

LOL what throttle body you had? Yeah we could catch up at baytown one day.

I appreciate everyone who did come too bad it was so hot out there maybe next time I will do it again around the cooler months.

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I had to back out at the last minute. I got a call on Thursday that my appointment with the cardiologist was actually on Friday, not tomorrow, Monday. I didn't get out of the Dr. office until after 3:30. Then my wife hijacked me to a anti Nancy Pelosi protest rally in Houston where she was speaking to a group of "Progressives". Since I just added the new Baer rear brakes, new interior from SAI, and the new Shelby/Kicker stereo, I have no negotiating power. Zero, none, nada. Everything in my life is "Yes dear"

Thanks for the effort. Hopefully I'll be ther next time.

Chris, thank you for putting this on, I had a blast and getting to bag a couple of vipers wasn't to bad either. I will post vids and pics when I get time my camera man sucked with the vids can I get a copy of the ones you made ? It was nice meeting som of the guys from Team Shelby nice group of guys. Count me in next time you put this on.

Thanks again.

Mark

Archived