TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca Here I Come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a lot of research trying to make sure I get what I wanted this is what I am getting done-

-Polished 550HP Whipple

-Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft

-Shelby Gauges

-Brake Pads, Rotors, and Lines installed

-FRPP Blue Cam Covers

-GT/SC side stripe

-Fill tires with Nitrogen and calibrate the Tire Pressure Sensors

-Perform recall for Passenger Air-bag, I was afraid to get this done with the stories about the dealer messing with the SAI Tune

-Dyno Pull

The only mod not on here that I am still debating is the McLeod dual disc, I may see how my clutch does and go from there. We will see, I did ask Dennis for an installed price.

And most importantly it will be Registered because it is being done at Tasca.

I also have a G2 brake caliper blue paint kit on order and I ordered the Shelby Head-rest and arm-rest covers. I ordered the Shelby battery holder as well.

Can not wait :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

My wife can not wait either, she wants me to get the hell off the computer, I have been on it a lot inquiring about different mods. She thinks I am nuts the way I love my cars.

Bill

Carnut, I'll be there on Saturday, maybe I'll see your car!

Wow, that's an impressive list - it may even help to jumpstart the economy!!!

After a lot of research trying to make sure I get what I wanted this is what I am getting done-

-Polished 550HP Whipple

-Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft

-Shelby Gauges

-Brake Pads, Rotors, and Lines installed

-FRPP Blue Cam Covers

-GT/SC side stripe

-Fill tires with Nitrogen and calibrate the Tire Pressure Sensors

-Perform recall for Passenger Air-bag, I was afraid to get this done with the stories about the dealer messing with the SAI Tune

-Dyno Pull

The only mod not on here that I am still debating is the McLeod dual disc, I may see how my clutch does and go from there. We will see, I did ask Dennis for an installed price.

And most importantly it will be Registered because it is being done at Tasca.

I also have a G2 brake caliper blue paint kit on order and I ordered the Shelby Head-rest and arm-rest covers. I ordered the Shelby battery holder as well.

Can not wait :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

My wife can not wait either, she wants me to get the hell off the computer, I have been on it a lot inquiring about different mods. She thinks I am nuts the way I love my cars.

Bill

Bill I am right there with you, I think my wife will be glad when I finally shut up about it, she is sick of hearing it, lol... me , I can never get enough!

What price did Dennis quote you for the drive shaft, I should have thought about that?

Thanks, Dave

Bill I am right there with you, I think my wife will be glad when I finally shut up about it, she is sick of hearing it, lol... me , I can never get enough!

What price did Dennis quote you for the drive shaft, I should have thought about that?

Thanks, Dave

I think my wife thought I was joking, until I set the date...oh well...if ya can't take a joke... :hysterical:

Wow, that's an impressive list - it may even help to jumpstart the economy!!!

Let me know if you see my red GT500! It undergoing SS conversion there now, has Ct plates. if you can send me pics I would be over the moon! :happy feet:

Sorry didn't mean to thread-jack!

Jaime

It's been a week here since I got the car home from Tasca and my wife is still upset with me :rant2: . She finds me out in the garage cleaning the blower and doing other little things---like just looking at the car.

Not so sure the three of you will be off the hook when you get the car back.

It's been a week here since I got the car home from Tasca and my wife is still upset with me :rant2: . She finds me out in the garage cleaning the blower and doing other little things---like just looking at the car.

Your absolutely right, especially if you keep giving more ideas like Brake Caliper Painting and cleaning and painting the underside. :doh::banghead:

Great Stuff

Great, now I will have to buy her something to keep her quiet. :lol2:

I am in the process of hypnotizing my wife. I think it will take a year or better. :surrender: Then she will tell me to go get my supercharger installed!!

Congrats Bill. I can only imagine how "pumped" you must be. We have been discussing it at length at our house too and the wife finally said "just go ahead and do." Seems like once she said that all the challenge was gone and then I started to question myself about spending that $$ right now. D$#%n, I hate being sensible! If everthing goes as I hope, it will happen. I can't tell you how many times I have visualized driving north on I-95 w/ trailer and car in tow. Dennis knows how to hurt a guy! Please keep us updated on the progress and pics as soon as you can....now, I am getting pumped! Craig :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy

Guest hfrosso
I am in the process of hypnotizing my wife. I think it will take a year or better. :surrender: Then she will tell me to go get my supercharger installed!!

I'm also on that process , the thing is that before i get the SC she wants a jet ski (see i have a boat) ,or a hot tub , cause they're cost the

same as the SC :talkhand: ,and i can't get both , i like the jet ski but i dont want a hot tub.I'll have to keep trying or fighting!! :slapfight:

Guest hfrosso

you'll see my car there ,and i'll see your's too , going up there to get my car on tuesday, and take my friend's shelby up there with me.

my car will be finaly ready.( no i'm not having the SC done :jackinbox: )just having the stripes and hood scoop redone , some minor body work,the start button and the lower grill .

are you driving the car or trailering?? i've rented an enclosed trailler for about $90 p/ day .

anyway ,have a nice and safe trip!!

Have you started counting the hours yet???

Do you have any fingernails left?

Excited for you!

This may sound strange, but I have so much going on at work the days are flying by. I am actually dropping her off in 2 days, now I am excited. That is the good part, the not so good part is I go away on business next week and do not get home until 11pm Friday. On Saturday early morning I have to Drive to Long Island (Where I am originally from) for the weekend. I more than likely will not be able to pick her up until Monday.

I just got my Valve Covers, I was getting worried they would not arrive on time.

I have all the parts, every day something else is on my door-step, my wife is wondering what the fudge is going on :headscratch::hysterical: :happy feet:

I just told her I was getting work done, we never really discussed the amount. I handle the money in the household. She did mention tonight what-ever I was getting done would be it for a while.................

I told her no problem.................until next time :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I have to say she is great, knows I love my car and supports what-ever I want to do.

She still thinks I am Crazy though

you'll see my car there ,and i'll see your's too , going up there to get my car on tuesday, and take my friend's shelby up there with me.

my car will be finaly ready.( no i'm not having the SC done :jackinbox: )just having the stripes and hood scoop redone , some minor body work,the start button and the lower grill .

are you driving the car or trailering?? i've rented an enclosed trailler for about $90 p/ day .

Maybe I will see you there on tuesday, If all goes well I should be driving her home tuesday afternoon :happy feet: :happy feet:

No, I'm driving over w/ my family to get it. We're only two hours away, and the weather forecast is SUNNY and 51 degrees! :shift:

Hey Bill. Sorry I missed this thread. I was away as well up in Toronto recording some work-related YouTube videos.

Anyway, I would ABSOLUTELY get the clutch and drive shaft. I will have Dennis install one for me as well at some point. When Dennis tuned my car Nov 2007, he had me around 545 HP on the dyno. Unfortunately the clutch slipped so he pulled me back down to 513 which is where I have been since. Occasionally I feel the clutch slipping, especially up around 5th gear. At least year's racing at SAAC 33, I was on it hard and smoked the clutch a little and felt a little more slipping once it was hot. This year I want to hit SCCA up at For Devons as much as possible but I am fearful of the slipping.

So, the bottom line is since you have it there and have the opportunity, I highly recommend it.

On all the other stuff, congrats.

Ilmore, I wish I knew you were up here. I'm going to try to reach Dennis to see if you're still in the area.

Adam

Hey Bill. Sorry I missed this thread. I was away as well up in Toronto recording some work-related YouTube videos.

Anyway, I would ABSOLUTELY get the clutch and drive shaft. I will have Dennis install one for me as well at some point. When Dennis tuned my car Nov 2007, he had me around 545 HP on the dyno. Unfortunately the clutch slipped so he pulled me back down to 513 which is where I have been since. Occasionally I feel the clutch slipping, especially up around 5th gear. At least year's racing at SAAC 33, I was on it hard and smoked the clutch a little and felt a little more slipping once it was hot. This year I want to hit SCCA up at For Devons as much as possible but I am fearful of the slipping.

So, the bottom line is since you have it there and have the opportunity, I highly recommend it.

On all the other stuff, congrats.

Ilmore, I wish I knew you were up here. I'm going to try to reach Dennis to see if you're still in the area.

Adam

Thank you Adam, I am getting the Drive-Shaft. I am going to hold out on the Clutch until mine is shot. After that I will more than likely go with the Mcleod Twin Disc.

I can not wait to get it back, should be a good summer, hopefully we can get together a few times.

Grew up in Mt. Sinai on the North Shore, graduated from Port Jefferson High School.

My parents now live in Montauk, although they are moving to North Carolina at some point, and my brother lives in Aquebogue.

My brother lives in Mt. Sinai. I live in Commack. I'm assuming you take the ferry when visiting your parents? Does it run through winter??

Archived