TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Springfield XD 9mm

Went in today to guy a Sig or a Taurus. I couldn't bring myself to drop the $900 for the Sig so I grabbed the Springfield. WOW am I glad I did. This is a very nice shooting pistol comparable to the SIG 229 I was going to get and was shooting last week. Way better than the Khar I was shooting. Even my wife handled it with ease getting bullseye's from 30' on her first magazine.

Well worth it and a fair price if you're on the fence. I also comes with a hard case, 2-16 rd mag's, speed loader, belt holster and dual mag belt holster plus a cable lock.

spr_xd_4_od.jpg

http://www.impactguns.com/store/706397865801.html

Went in today to guy a Sig or a Taurus. I couldn't bring myself to drop the $900 for the Sig so I grabbed the Springfield. WOW am I glad I did. This is a very nice shooting pistol comparable to the SIG 229 I was going to get and was shooting last week. Way better than the Khar I was shooting. Even my wife handled it with ease getting bullseye's from 30' on her first magazine.

Well worth it and a fair price if you're on the fence. I also comes with a hard case, 2-16 rd mag's, speed loader, belt holster and dual mag belt holster plus a cable lock.

spr_xd_4_od.jpg

http://www.impactguns.com/store/706397865801.html

The design of the XD was developed by the Croatian IM Metal company for the Croatian army during late 1990s. Springfield started importing them around 2001. They're pretty good reliable pistols for the price. I have an XD-40.

No doubt the Sig is a mighty fine weapon. I will probably still have one later on.

I would put this XD-9 next to the Sig 229 any day of the week though. In my comparisons, the weight is about the same but the XD-9 fills my had better although a bit bulky for smaller hands. Not everyone has big-ol gorilla paws like me. I also think the trigger draw is lighter and the recoil is about the same maybe just a little less. The magazines are easier to load as well up to about 12 shells but then the 229 had a 10(?) shot magazine verses the 16 shot in the XD-9 so it will naturally be easier to load. Without a loader, my wife could only get about 7 shells in the Sig verses about 13 in the the XD-9. One thing I really like about the XD-9 is the weight balance. Even when unloaded it doesn't feel top heavy like a lot of polymer guns I tried. It feels well balanced.

Anyway, just trying to help out someone who might be on the fence in regards to a SA XD.

Wow! 900 bones for a SIG? I wish I had known you were in the market. I bought a SIG SP 2340 for about $500 7 years ago and got one in 45 for about $350 3 years ago. There must be some high taxes on firearms down in Texas.

Evey gun store I went to was in the same price range give or take $75. I dunno.....

The Taurus was in the $300-$400 range and the SAXD in the $400-$500 range. Glocks and Sigs were the $800-$1000 range. Maybe prices have gone up with the sudden increase in demand. Ammo is in short supply around here .38, .40, .45. 9mm, .223 is getting scarce.

10 rounds for a 9mm Sig 229?

I have a Sig 229 .40 that holds 12 rounds.

I confess to never handling or shooting an XD but, it would take an awful lot to pry my hands off a Sig Sauer.

gotsigwt8.jpg

If you wanted a really nice 9mm Sig, you should've gotten an older model P-228. That pistol is the best shooting 9mm gun I ever handled.

Good luck with your XD.

10 rounds for a 9mm Sig 229?

I have a Sig 229 .40 that holds 12 rounds.

I confess to never handling or shooting an XD but, it would take an awful lot to pry my hands off a Sig Sauer.

If you wanted a really nice 9mm Sig, you should've gotten an older model P-228. That pistol is the best shooting 9mm gun I ever handled.

Good luck with your XD.

I *think* it was the 10 rd version. Honestly I was shopping for guns for my wife so she can get her C&C and was letting her load the clip since that is her biggest issue. She could not get past 7 rounds. When I shot it there were only 7 rounds and I never reloaded it myself since I'm not the one with the finger strength problem. I do know it was a single stack...

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product...oducts_id/29181

Archived