TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wow, only $80,000 u.s.

SVTpower

..wow, just 35k for the john H upgrades and extra profit. :hysterical:

do it yourself on your shelby for under 10K, and you get to keep your original parts :doh:

depends on the quality of parts and installation. A full blown race coil over suspension can be upwards of $8000 (inlcuding labor). what's a warranty worth on a 620 hp car? How bad do you want it, etc.

How many people really have the time to screw around with doing it themselves? It's like anything else, you're paying for a service. You could have built your home yourself and saved who knows how much. Instead of going to the grocery store, you could buy a farm and grow your own food, etc.

depends on the quality of parts and installation. A full blown race coil over suspension can be upwards of $8000 (inlcuding labor). what's a warranty worth on a 620 hp car? How bad do you want it, etc.

How many people really have the time to screw around with doing it themselves? It's like anything else, you're paying for a service. You could have built your home yourself and saved who knows how much. Instead of going to the grocery store, you could buy a farm and grow your own food, etc.

You are so right about this. For example: I can not work on cars, I can change the oil and some minor stuff, so I would have to pay for the other services. I would have that attitude if I knew how to do it, but I don't. I guess you have to put yourself in the shoes of the other person.

Wow. Does this mean that Hennessey has gotten himself out of his legal troubles?

IMO, the car looks great! I'm loving the wheels. Granted, that's a hefty pricetag, but I guess it all comes down to:

How wealthy you are

What you like

How bad you want it

I think that is still up for debate in some places.

I wonder how he can use " KR and King of the Road " without incurring the wrath of Ford or Shelby American I thought one of the two of them has that locked and copyrighted

Your arguments are pretty disengenuous to what I was saying. :banghead:

If you look at what's offered, really nothing too exotic. Anyone with a shelby can find a decent tuner/install shop and get the same things done. There is certainly nothing close to 35K of parts and labor on the car. No reason to compare it to building a house or starting your own farm. Best to stick with facts and stay away from inappropriate analogies. And if you want a warranty, put your shelby away in a garage for nice sunday drives, because unless you stay away from mods, or buy from John H and live in Houston, your warranty coverage will be iffy. My take on it is, do it yourself (meaning buy good parts and have them installed) and save the extra money if case something does go wrong.

I am not really trying to start a fight with you, but any of us can put together a 620 "crank" hp shelby that looks good and handles well for a lot less money

John

My two cents,

If you look at the Hennesey web site you'll notice that a 35 HP "tune" for the Shelby is close to $1,000! My opinion, but this is a HUGE ripoff. Both Diablosport and SCT have flash programmers that will give you this tune (and then some), plus the ability to custom tune your own (yeah, you get to the keep the flash programmer), for under $400.00! Go with HP and you'll be dependent on them to correct any problems you may encounter. Oh by the way, you don't need to be a car genius to download the flash program.

Regard,

FordGeek (Joseph)

Archived