TEAM SHELBY FORUM

All Points Bulletin - Son of GT is missing

Grabber

Quite frankly the need to know isn't nearly as necessary as a lot of people around here think it is.

There is "nice to know" and "need to know". Too many people think they NEED to know things that are really not our business. Such as, ANY business decision. That is NOT something we "need" to know. Oh, we'd all LIKE to know but truthfully, it's none of our business.

I learned a long time ago during my GM training that any business decision by my employer wasn't something I needed to know or had any business knowing.

Now, "nice to know" is another story. It would be "nice to know" a LOT of things but most of those would probably fall under the "need to know" column.

Join the Military and you'll find out REAL FAST, the difference between "need to know" and "nice to know".....

Without being too crass or blunt, "it ain't none of our business".........

Phill

im cleared for weird lol but i still dont want to know... I have my suspicions

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish BiG E all the best and hope we still see him around though I doubt it. Hopefully he will find a place that welcomes his enormous encyclopedia of knowledge when it comes to ford,mustang, Shelby etc. Hopefully the day will come when e will re appear and we can all hang out over fresh dunkin donuts and dunkin donuts coffee

:yup:

Well said Sir.

Just like bad movies, if you know enough about the players involved, guessing the ending and the scenes that led up to it are pretty easy. That is all I will comment on as far as "what happened, and who done who wrong".

What I will comment on is the fact that Enis wore his Shelby hat well and helped MANY people all over the map become better and more informed shelby enthusiasts, and I am sad to not have him here to share the future with on Team Shelby. I will always remember his Supercars Exposed episode, his great help as a Ford insider and close friend of Jay Leno, and his general approachability. Enis, Im sure all these comments make it to you somehow, and know that you dont need the blessings of anyone with a title to have friends here, and you will always have them.

It is the one thing that really has always scared me- it seems the closer you get to the thing you have so much passion for, and the more time and self you put into it, the greater the risk of it all being stripped away from you.

Take care my friend, and dont be a stranger! No one can take away the person that you are, titles can be stripped, but not the passions. :salute:

Just like bad movies, if you know enough about the players involved, guessing the ending and the scenes that led up to it are pretty easy. That is all I will comment on as far as "what happened, and who done who wrong".

What I will comment on is the fact that Enis wore his Shelby hat well and helped MANY people all over the map become better and more informed shelby enthusiasts, and I am sad to not have him here to share the future with on Team Shelby. I will always remember his Supercars Exposed episode, his great help as a Ford insider and close friend of Jay Leno, and his general approachability. Enis, Im sure all these comments make it to you somehow, and know that you dont need the blessings of anyone with a title to have friends here, and you will always have them.

It is the one thing that really has always scared me- it seems the closer you get to the thing you have so much passion for, and the more time and self you put into it, the greater the risk of it all being stripped away from you.

Take care my friend, and dont be a stranger! No one can take away the person that you are, titles can be stripped, but not the passions. :salute:

Wonderful post Warren........thanks.

guys....

his home computer took a crap.....he was imposing on neighbors and such to check in when he could

but that started to get old.....

HE SHALL RETURN.....all is good with MR. LA!

So says the guy from NJ. Other people have disappeared back there, too.:hysterical:

+1 ... Very classy post Warren...

I have been steering wide and clear of this whole thing but wanted to say that this is soooooooooooooo true!

When I came to work at Apple it was a lifelong dream come true. As an enthusiast and follower of all things Apple I was now there helping make things happen. But being an enthusiast is VERY different than actually running a business. It wasn't long before I realized that, while having passion for your brand and product are important, so is making payroll, increasing revenue, and well staying in business! Most of the time the passion and business needs are congruent, but sometimes they aren't, and in the end it's a business.

People like us on the outside have the luxury of making suggestions and arguing process or what ever the issue of the month is, but I always imagine being the person at SA sitting in an office overlooking the shop and the responsibility of keeping all those people employed and protecting the brand. I couldn't do it!

I guess I'm trying to say that our passion is a great thing, and while we may believe our passionate suggestions and ways of doing things are spot on, in the end I suspect decisions are made balanced against business needs. So while there are some things that drive me completely NUTS about TS and SA, there are many more things I appreciate, and trust that the decisions today mean that TS and SA will be driving me NUTS for many years to come!

I have been steering wide and clear of this whole thing but wanted to say that this is soooooooooooooo true!

When I came to work at Apple it was a lifelong dream come true. As an enthusiast and follower of all things Apple I was now there helping make things happen. But being an enthusiast is VERY different than actually running a business. It wasn't long before I realized that, while having passion for your brand and product are important, so is making payroll, increasing revenue, and well staying in business! Most of the time the passion and business needs are congruent, but sometimes they aren't, and in the end it's a business.

People like us on the outside have the luxury of making suggestions and arguing process or what ever the issue of the month is, but I always imagine being the person at SA sitting in an office overlooking the shop and the responsibility of keeping all those people employed and protecting the brand. I couldn't do it!

I guess I'm trying to say that our passion is a great thing, and while we may believe our passionate suggestions and ways of doing things are spot on, in the end I suspect decisions are made balanced against business needs. So while there are some things that drive me completely NUTS about TS and SA, there are many more things I appreciate, and trust that the decisions today mean that TS and SA will be driving me NUTS for many years to come!

+ 1 to that Jeff !!! B)

I would agree but in this case and several others the wrong person has the keys to the laboratory. I actually think based on what I know Enis didn't do anything wrong or was rude etc. He got run over pure and simple along with a few others. Not to sound insulting but most of us could have bought 400 or more iPods if we go buy the money we have spent at sa on our cars

wow...really sucks that this is the first thread I went thru after being gone so long....really did have a long history previously. I left cause I find drama unsettling. Still do. Son of GT is a person of value like all of us would like to be viewed. I would hate to think that any one of us could go "missing" for causing the wrong person(s) discomfort....John

Was he working for Shelby now? :headscratch:

How does one get 'run over' on a message board?

Enis was a volunteer moderator on this message board. There are only 2 of us volunteers left and the rest are SA employees. I remember back in the Stangs Unleashed days when all the Mods were volunteers. Allot has changed and this site is now a business. Business's have to operate under different rules and the politics are much different then a site that is just a enthusiasts site and run by enthusiasts.

It is what it is.

• 1 month later...

Archived