TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Annv. package

Grabber

:stats: Estamated cost of upgrade with the wheels is said to be $10,000 over the cost of the car. Most trim pieces can be obtained from Scott Drake ent. who is the licensee for the aluminum trim parts going on the car. Scott Drake also has nifty key covers that have the snake embossed on one side, and the Shelby logo on the other. The wheels are from American Racing, and the dash pod will be available through FRPP in addition to the cold air intake power pack and the suspension kit. The Stainless Steel grills and hood vents will be released through FRPP by Christmas. All of these kits can be seen in the 2007 FRPP catalog that was being handed out at SEMA. The Scott Drake data came directly from Scott Drake Ent. who had all of the pieces on display at their booth.

The Power Pack with the blower will be available soon, but initally will void the warranty if installed. FRPP is working towards having the blower power pack not void the warranty, but it will have to be installed through a Ford dealer in order to maintain warranty coverage.

So the bottom line question is do you want to spend $10,000 for a dash plaque and in my opinion really ugly wheels for this car? As far as I'm concerned, when it comes down to the dash plaque issue, the collective owners of the 500 should consider a class action law suit against Ford based on the "Shelby" content of the car. We should all be entitled to a dash plaque regardless of whether the car was touched by the Las Vegas plant or not. My ownership papers show my 500 to be a Shelby Cobra not a Ford Mustang so as far as I'm concerned we all own Shelby's and should have a dash plaque presented to us too.

For me it is a no brainer. To be 1 of a 1000 made.

Plus having a Shelby GT 500 convert. The 40th looks hotter and meaner!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the bottom line question is do you want to spend $10,000 for a dash plaque and in my opinion really ugly wheels for this car?

The Wheels are optional so you do not have to pay for them, and you can keep the originals on or buy something else. This will lower the cost a little bit.

No not at all, CWH. I'm just bugged at this new way of milking customers out of dollar after dollar for essentally the same items that can be obtained elsewhere and much cheaper. But I'm mostly bothered by this dash plaque issue. In 1965 when Carroll handled everything and SVT was not even a consideration by FoMoCo, all Shelby's got seperate VIN and VIN plate automatically. As it stands right now, as far as the 500 is concerned anyway, one will have to pay up their rear end just to have a "offical" Shelby regardless if that person has already paid a considerable amount just to get, well I guess now with the addition of 40 anniversary edition, a base model 500. If you think about it, it's really a subtile form of segregation. 1,000 units that have a plaque, and the rest that don't; Why is that? It all about the money, baby, all about the money. Base M.S.R.P. $47,000 (Convertible). Average ADM: $20,000. Potential cost of 40 Annversary editon: $10,000. Jesus, when does it end?

I'm courious, do you think it's fair or right? Yes, yes I know about free enterprise and all that, but do you think it's fair? Does it make sense to spend thousands on trim pieces? Because I have the flyer that was being handed out for the 40th edition, and there is nothing on it that includes a cold air intake, or blower or any other engine mods other than the aluminum caps, covers, and dip stick pullers. It just lists the cosmetic parts that will be added to the car; nothing else is mentioned.

What do you think?

must say, I agree with son of GT.

they are really trying to squeeze water out of a rock with this one.

what's next.... a super-excusive shelby edition with a tuft of carroll shelby hair in the glove box.... for a measly $15k?

enough is enough already. i don't fault people for buying into it, but each of these products can be bought separately. the shelby folks are really milking this thing for all it's worth.... and we are buying it hook line and sinker (no pun intended). most of us have already paid extra for the shelby name n the back of the car.... that's enough already, IMO. :stop:

I got a E-mail from Steve today addressing some of my concerns. Pricing is still being worked on and he will let me know as soon as he knows. I was also wondering about timing since I do not get my car till Q1. He said that is not a problem, you made the list and your spot is locked in. It is great customer service that SAI is doing by communicting to the customers in a timely manner. Thanks SAI. B)

No, he called you 40th, then he realized you don't have your car and called me. :heartbreaker: :hysterical:

You have a very valid point. :baby: That's the reason I sent him a e-mail to discuss that situation. My spot is secure :happy feet:

I finally called today to try and get on the list. A receptionist took my call and said she was taking messages for Steve and he would return my call. I'm not surprised that he did not call me back today, but of course I'm impatient for an answer. Do you guys think I have a chance to make the list? She did not say the slots were filled. If anyone (Rob) is in contact with him please slip in a question as to the number of slots filled to date.

Thanks

Chris

I know, I'm overly anxious

I finally called today to try and get on the list. A receptionist took my call and said she was taking messages for Steve and he would return my call. I'm not surprised that he did not call me back today, but of course I'm impatient for an answer. Do you guys think I have a chance to make the list? She did not say the slots were filled. If anyone (Rob) is in contact with him please slip in a question as to the number of slots filled to date.

Thanks

Chris

I know, I'm overly anxious

PM sent to you.

Ok, Steven called me today and put me on the list. He said it would be a couple of weeks before they have actual pricing, and that he would get back with me then. He also said that they would begin to refit the the cars starting early next year.

FYI

Chris

Ok, Steven called me today and put me on the list. He said it would be a couple of weeks before they have actual pricing, and that he would get back with me then. He also said that they would begin to refit the the cars starting early next year.

FYI

Chris

What number did he say you were. 999?

Archived