TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Annv. package

Grabber

YEEEHAAA...just got the call from Steve @ Shelby Automotive. I'm one of the 1,000 too. :hyper:

So Mastermech1, lets hear your comments and feed back. Your are right about the 1150 mile drive for me. I might have to think about that a bit. do you have any idea what a transport fee would cost for that clip ? What number were you on Steve's list ?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Mastermech1, lets hear your comments and feed back. Your are right about the 1150 mile drive for me. I might have to think about that a bit. do you have any idea what a transport fee would cost for that clip ? What number were you on Steve's list ?

I didn't even ask him for the number. I was caught off gaurd when he rang my cell phone. He did say I was in better shape than 1/2 of the other 999, as i'm the one of the minority that actually already has my car. I got a round trip quote of 3K to ship mine. Thats covered carrier with no chains and hooks. Insured for 500,000. I guess i'll wait to see the rest of the details. You know yours will only be half of that.

I just got back to my office, after going to see Cutter pick up his Shelby. One of my voicemails was from Shelby Automotive. I made the list, too. They said pricing in about 2 to 3 weeks. I'll make my decision then. I'll probably opt out, as I'm not fond of half of what is included in the package.

I know I'm on the list. It's all about the $$$$ now & what can be added or deleted from the photos that I seen. I'm also on the Roush list for info on the Cold Air Kit , 640 HP Kit & the Monsterous 700 HP kit...like we don't have enough power to play with as it is :hysterical: Once I have all info I will decide which way I want to go or maybe even just live with what I got until the GT500KR comes out :doh:

CW: Are you joking about the GT500KR. You must be?

I just got back to my office, after going to see Cutter pick up his Shelby. One of my voicemails was from Shelby Automotive. I made the list, too. They said pricing in about 2 to 3 weeks. I'll make my decision then. I'll probably opt out, as I'm not fond of half of what is included in the package.

I received the call Thursday from Steve.

Looks like the Mufflers that i just got from Ford Racing are going to be for sale in the box.

The 40th looks awsome!

How Great is Shelby!

CW: Are you joking about the GT500KR. You must be?

How can they not build it? If they can make a Shelby Hertz model again, a Shelby GT and the GT500 they can make a GT 500 KR again! It will have less options, less weight, Fater tires, More Horse Power & Cost Way more than I care to spend, but if I could, I would... Once you have your dream car you need to replace that dream with another one. So I picked the Shelby GT 500 KR..... I just like to keep shooting for the stars

How can they not build it? If they can make a Shelby Hertz model again, a Shelby GT and the GT500 they can make a GT 500 KR again! It will have less options, less weight, Fater tires, More Horse Power & Cost Way more than I care to spend, but if I could, I would... Once you have your dream car you need to replace that dream with another one. So I picked the Shelby GT 500 KR..... I just like to keep shooting for the stars

CW:

I was not questioning if they will build it. I was curious about the switching cars factor. I think your wife would love a new KR !

I just called today and requested a call. I got my car last week :happy feet: . I've been out of the loop for a week or so with work!!! I wish I would have knew earlier :finger: maybe, I'll get lucky as I do have the car and get in. Any one want to guess as to the cost???

CW (not the other CW)

I just called today and requested a call. I got my car last week :happy feet: . I've been out of the loop for a week or so with work!!! I wish I would have knew earlier :finger: maybe, I'll get lucky as I do have the car and get in. Any one want to guess as to the cost???

CW (not the other CW)

I do not know the cost, but Steve told me that they will not start doing the cars till Q1. Costs will be out in 1-2 weeks.

:stats: Estamated cost of upgrade with the wheels is said to be $10,000 over the cost of the car. Most trim pieces can be obtained from Scott Drake ent. who is the licensee for the aluminum trim parts going on the car. Scott Drake also has nifty key covers that have the snake embossed on one side, and the Shelby logo on the other. The wheels are from American Racing, and the dash pod will be available through FRPP in addition to the cold air intake power pack and the suspension kit. The Stainless Steel grills and hood vents will be released through FRPP by Christmas. All of these kits can be seen in the 2007 FRPP catalog that was being handed out at SEMA. The Scott Drake data came directly from Scott Drake Ent. who had all of the pieces on display at their booth.

The Power Pack with the blower will be available soon, but initally will void the warranty if installed. FRPP is working towards having the blower power pack not void the warranty, but it will have to be installed through a Ford dealer in order to maintain warranty coverage.

So the bottom line question is do you want to spend $10,000 for a dash plaque and in my opinion really ugly wheels for this car? As far as I'm concerned, when it comes down to the dash plaque issue, the collective owners of the 500 should consider a class action law suit against Ford based on the "Shelby" content of the car. We should all be entitled to a dash plaque regardless of whether the car was touched by the Las Vegas plant or not. My ownership papers show my 500 to be a Shelby Cobra not a Ford Mustang so as far as I'm concerned we all own Shelby's and should have a dash plaque presented to us too.

:stats: Estamated cost of upgrade with the wheels is said to be $10,000 over the cost of the car. Most trim pieces can be obtained from Scott Drake ent. who is the licensee for the aluminum trim parts going on the car. Scott Drake also has nifty key covers that have the snake embossed on one side, and the Shelby logo on the other. The wheels are from American Racing, and the dash pod will be available through FRPP in addition to the cold air intake power pack and the suspension kit. The Stainless Steel grills and hood vents will be released through FRPP by Christmas. All of these kits can be seen in the 2007 FRPP catalog that was being handed out at SEMA. The Scott Drake data came directly from Scott Drake Ent. who had all of the pieces on display at their booth.

The Power Pack with the blower will be available soon, but initally will void the warranty if installed. FRPP is working towards having the blower power pack not void the warranty, but it will have to be installed through a Ford dealer in order to maintain warranty coverage.

So the bottom line question is do you want to spend $10,000 for a dash plaque and in my opinion really ugly wheels for this car? As far as I'm concerned, when it comes down to the dash plaque issue, the collective owners of the 500 should consider a class action law suit against Ford based on the "Shelby" content of the car. We should all be entitled to a dash plaque regardless of whether the car was touched by the Las Vegas plant or not. My ownership papers show my 500 to be a Shelby Cobra not a Ford Mustang so as far as I'm concerned we all own Shelby's and should have a dash plaque presented to us too.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today or what? :ohsnap:

Lets give a show of hands on who would do it for $10,000.

My hand is onlt 1/2 way up.

1) I'm still waiting to see what items I can purchase seperately from them & the cost of each vs. the entire package deal?

2) Tranportation cost?

3) What kind of plaque they offer us on the website to buy & the cost.

4) How much the Roush supercharger swap & CAI kit cost that makes 665 hp with that 3/36 warranty that ford will honor.

Once I know all that then I can raise my hand all the way or pull it back down...it's about the best bang for the buck & not just about being a collectable.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today or what? :ohsnap:

No not at all, CWH. I'm just bugged at this new way of milking customers out of dollar after dollar for essentally the same items that can be obtained elsewhere and much cheaper. But I'm mostly bothered by this dash plaque issue. In 1965 when Carroll handled everything and SVT was not even a consideration by FoMoCo, all Shelby's got seperate VIN and VIN plate automatically. As it stands right now, as far as the 500 is concerned anyway, one will have to pay up their rear end just to have a "offical" Shelby regardless if that person has already paid a considerable amount just to get, well I guess now with the addition of 40 anniversary edition, a base model 500. If you think about it, it's really a subtile form of segregation. 1,000 units that have a plaque, and the rest that don't; Why is that? It all about the money, baby, all about the money. Base M.S.R.P. $47,000 (Convertible). Average ADM: $20,000. Potential cost of 40 Annversary editon: $10,000. Jesus, when does it end?

I'm courious, do you think it's fair or right? Yes, yes I know about free enterprise and all that, but do you think it's fair? Does it make sense to spend thousands on trim pieces? Because I have the flyer that was being handed out for the 40th edition, and there is nothing on it that includes a cold air intake, or blower or any other engine mods other than the aluminum caps, covers, and dip stick pullers. It just lists the cosmetic parts that will be added to the car; nothing else is mentioned.

What do you think?

:soapbox:

True, Master, very true. I can't deny it.

Jesus, when does it end?

You had me thinking about the car issues untill your brought my savior into the mix. Then you got me thinking about something that means more to me than anything in the world.

As far as your question, all I know is that the son of man will come like a bolt of lightning, and then his peoples time here will end at the blink of an eye. :angel:

I priced shipping cost from VA. It is $3,500 round trip.

I got a price of $2,600 round trip from WA to NV. Insured in fully contained transport. There would be up to 6 cars in the carrier. They use wheel straps to tie the cars down.

I could drive the car the 1150 miles one way in a long day. I also could tow the rig down and then drive back. Was your transport fee a dedicated 1 car transport, they told me that would be spendy.

I got a price of $2,600 round trip from WA to NV. Insured in fully contained transport. There would be up to 6 cars in the carrier. They use wheel straps to tie the cars down.

I could drive the car the 1150 miles one way in a long day. I also could tow the rig down and then drive back. Was your transport fee a dedicated 1 car transport, they told me that would be spendy.

The price I got was for one car. If I go for it, i'll price other options. How about you?

The price I got was for one car. If I go for it, i'll price other options. How about you?

I talked to Marilyn at Corp. Auto movers for my price. I just tsent her a e-mail asking what the dedicated 1 car price would be. Their number is 913 789-6410 or e-mail marilyn@corporateautomovers.com

they do this all over the states with for clients with nice cars or plain cars too.

I might throw my RV camper on my F-250, rent a trailer, leave on Thursday after work and get there on Friday, drop it off, sleep in the RV camper, and head home on Sat. Re-coupe Sunday and back to work on Monday. Gas and a trailer rental would run me about $500 bucks 1 way. I would have to use up a vacation day on each trip. So it's a $1000 bucks round trip. All the sudden the $2,600 sounds pretty good.

I talked to Marilyn at Corp. Auto movers for my price. I just tsent her a e-mail asking what the dedicated 1 car price would be. Their number is 913 789-6410 or e-mail marilyn@corporateautomovers.com

they do this all over the states with for clients with nice cars or plain cars too.

I might throw my RV camper on my F-250, rent a trailer, leave on Thursday after work and get there on Friday, drop it off, sleep in the RV camper, and head home on Sat. Re-coupe Sunday and back to work on Monday. Gas and a trailer rental would run me about $500 bucks 1 way. I would have to use up a vacation day on each trip. So it's a $1000 bucks round trip. All the sudden the $2,600 sounds pretty good.

I'll buy that. There's no way i'm driving...for obvious reasons. I'm laying the ground work, but not committing until more details are finalized.

Lets give a show of hands on who would do it for $10,000.

I live in Wa. I shipped my car from Az. for $750. As far as the upgrades. I personally like the wheels and see an improved traction with them. A VMP tune and CAI will be all I do. With new wheels and Borla axle backs.. .. No thanks $10k

(CWH, nothing personal to you. just letting everyone know I'm a different CW)

I'm not sure I'd go 10k. 5K yes 10k doubtfull. I do think we should be able to have a Shelby plaque in our car regardless of if it was worked on in his shop. I like the fact it is limited to 1000 though??? My wife my shoot me if I spent another 10k on the car.

CW

(CWH, nothing personal to you. just letting everyone know I'm a different CW)

I'm not sure I'd go 10k. 5K yes 10k doubtfull. I do think we should be able to have a Shelby plaque in our car regardless of if it was worked on in his shop. I like the fact it is limited to 1000 though??? My wife my shoot me if I spent another 10k on the car.

CW

I'm not offended, I understand your anger about this topic & I agree about the plaque & I too was at a boiling point at one time about this. Since then I have just learned to accept the fact that dealers will be dealers & retailers will be retailers & if they price themselves to high for the market they loose. On a scale of 1 to 20 my stress level has came down from a 19.99 to a 5.4 (get it 5.4) over the Shelby since I have gotten it finally. I still believe that if we communicate in a professional business manner to SAI that they will listen & they will price it within reach as they are in the rebuilding stages of this company & if they get too greedy too quick they will go under faster than they rose up.

Inside sources tell me that the GT500 is ONLY a TWO year production run & this comes from someone who talked to Mark Fields directly today & that at the 2007 NAIAS they will announce another Special Mustang that has already been mentioned here by Robert & it's green in color. Just have Faith cause without it you will be troubled for many days ahead until you do.

I live in Wa. I shipped my car from Az. for $750. As far as the upgrades. I personally like the wheels and see an improved traction with them. A VMP tune and CAI will be all I do. With new wheels and Borla axle backs.. .. No thanks $10k

Could you give me the name of the shipper and possibly the phone number?

Archived