TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's Here

cutter

I didn't want to post any pics until you got back to post. Didn't want to steal any of your thunder, so to speak.

post-2905-1163250055_thumb.jpgpost-2905-1163250079_thumb.jpgpost-2905-1163250098_thumb.jpg

post-2905-1163250115_thumb.jpgpost-2905-1163250136_thumb.jpg

I also didn't mention anything about your delivery, good or bad. It's your story to tell.

Looks like my front teeth are missing...thanks Orf :hysterical:

delivery was fine, in a perfect world nothing goes wrong, drivers door has a nice little scratch at the top near the window rubber, the only thing I would question is the guy washing it...(had to see it) so why not point it out and we'll work it out...Kevin was a nice guy to work with, and the GM told me to take it anywhere for repair and they would pay for it....so all is good on my end....on a side note I've never seen so much road kill (deer) on I-90 and I-71...looked like a mass murder!!!!..I had a great time meeting Orf and talking with him and Kevin, my son was more excited than me, I looked out the window at the dealership once and seen him sitting in the car...flashback of the kid driving through the garage :ohsnap: Yikes....and thanks again orf for pointing out that in my haste to test drive I was trying to start it with the keys for the F350 :doh: I won't mention that befoe we left I wanted to change the oil in the truck after pouring a gallon in,I realized the drain plug wasn't replaced....(oil slick creeping out from under the truck was my first clue)...so 20 quarts of oil later I was set to go. ADM pain is long forgotten.....Orf you have beautiful family and thanks for sharing your pictures....on another note when we returned home I took the Mrs. for a short drive...afterwards I realized I hadn't turned off the TCS...and still layed rubber in three gears....and yes all the way back home all I heard was how I was going to wrap myself around a telephone pole.... :hysterical: Everyone take care...

Tim

Oh snap...perhaps the road trip cutter? Don't you live near Shelbyville Indiana? We are close to you dude....what are you doing tomorrow? PM me your phone number if you may be interested in a visitor Saturday late afternoon. :happy feet:

Dave

Dave, I'm closer to Beech Grove than Shelbyville, if you would like to stop in a have a look your more than welcome...just let me know....

Tim

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay this is acceptable, I'll let it slide. You do know that RUF has the capacity to decode such as this?

Nice size garage...must be nice!!

...fading....fast...must.....have....pics!

Thanks, it 2000 s.f. and its the small one, we just had a 4000 s.f. shop built around the corner from my house...(it's a long story) but I put a 12K two post car lift in the new one....I post some pic's if anyone would like to see...

who's who in the photo? You both have HUGE GRINS like I still do.... :hysterical:

The big ugly one is me....(sasquatch) the young good looking guy is my son....(mini sasquatch)

Except for the pipes that looks like my Softtail Deuce sitting there,,,,,,

Yep...05 Deuce with Vance and Hines exhaust.....

Cutter:

I am interested in seeing your new shop. Sounds nice. I built mine myself on the week ends over several months. I was able to save some bucks that way. Mine is 30 feet wide X 48 feet long, with a 14'-6" ceiling. The best part is the 2) 12'X12' auto doors. I used attic trusses (7/12 pitch) that gave me a 2nd floor storage area 6'X48' by 6' tall. You have me beat on the square footage. I have a total of 1728 Sq. Ft.

Rob

Cutter:

I am interested in seeing your new shop. Sounds nice. I built mine myself on the week ends over several months. I was able to save some bucks that way. Mine is 30 feet wide X 48 feet long, with a 14'-6" ceiling. The best part is the 2) 12'X12' auto doors. I used attic trusses (7/12 pitch) that gave me a 2nd floor storage area 6'X48' by 6' tall. You have me beat on the square footage. I have a total of 1728 Sq. Ft.

Rob

I've built a couple in the past but what would take me a year, the pro's can have done in a week, we run a small landscape and excavaing company and had to build the bigger bldg. due to some zoning issues, I'll post some pics...it's 60x64 with 16ft sidewalls, two 12x12 doors, 5" concrete floor with a 2,000 s.f. concrete pad out front, two trench drains 20ft each, all of this happen after I had after the other bldg. was built...I also have the metal to cover the inside completey, but need to insulate first....

I can.

What do you have to trade.

How about that old beat up Chev.

This would also give you more room in the shop.

:idea: Let me know.

I got a old stingray with a banana seat :banana piano:

Cutter: Here are some photos of the shop I built. The only thing I subbed out was the electrical and the roll up doors. Me and electrical do not play good together. I also had some of the guys from work help me with the flat work finishing after I set all the forms. The slowest part of the shop was hand nailing all that Hardi Plank siding on.The last photo shows the shop attic, it was well woth the $700.00 truss modification.

looks like that 7/12 puts you taller than your house...here that's a no....no...without a variance.....I had to get a variance to build the pole barn...they said my house was to small.....some of the zoning crap here is dumber than dumb......here's one to get you started...of the new shop...

post-2732-1163266511_thumb.jpg

post-2732-1163266511_thumb.jpg

looks like that 7/12 puts you taller than your house...here that's a no....no...without a variance.....I had to get a variance to build the pole barn...they said my house was to small.....some of the zoning crap here is dumber than dumb......here's one to get you started...of the new shop...

Very nice. You mentioned you had metal for the inside; please explain. Yes, my shop is a little bit taller than the house. It fit within the codes here (they have a 10' rule). I matched the house roof pitch and eyebrows and brick so it would not stick out so bad. When I started building it, some of my neighbors freaked out about the big box look but after I finished it they settled down. Here is a photo that kind of shows how I tried to match the house. Even Know the house is one story, it is only 6 feet shorter than the shop at the peek. I had to have those big 12X12 doors.

Oh ya - Cutter, you win the my shop is bigger than your shop contest, so far.

Very nice. You mentioned you had metal for the inside; please explain. Yes, my shop is a little bit taller than the house. It fit within the codes here (they have a 10' rule). I matched the house roof pitch and eyebrows and brick so it would not stick out so bad. When I started building it, some of my neighbors freaked out about the big box look but after I finished it they settled down. Here is a photo that kind of shows how I tried to match the house. Even Know the house is one story, it is only 6 feet shorter than the shop at the peek. I had to have those big 12X12 doors.

Oh ya - Cutter, you win the my shop is bigger than your shop contest, so far.

On a pole barn the exterior is wrapped with 2x4's to attach the metal too, if one wants to wrap the inside you simply run 2x4's on the inside and attached the metal, leaves above a 6" gap between the wall so you can use the 6" insulation...you do the same thing on the ceiling but use the blow in type of insulation...makes for a very clean and enegry saving building...I got lots of other pics of it as I've been working on it all summer, I'll post tomm. also installed 2" insulated doors for heat savings, need to alarm it and maybe install some of those on site security camera's that you can access from your pc...

Tim

Dave, I'm closer to Beech Grove than Shelbyville, if you would like to stop in a have a look your more than welcome...just let me know....

Tim

Oh Snap...I spent too much time in the woodshop today and just saw your post. Perhaps another weekend soon. Beech Grove isn't too far...still doable (is that a word? :hysterical: ).

Congrats on getting the car...same color I ordered.

Dave

You may be right. He spent a lot of time under my hood. It was actually aluminum strut tower caps he was after. You should have seen his face when he saw them.

Why would he be under YOUR hood, there's much more room under HIS hood.

Dave

P.S. I'm glad I live so far from Brian, otherwise I'd be looking over my shoulder for Hueys all the time. :hysterical:

Hi cutter - thanks for getting those guys off my back!

Gee - try to steal a little Chrome cap and look at what happens....he's lucky he used LokTite.

Sweet pics. I hope you don't live where it snows, though. That's a lot of driveway! And a lot to mow!

Wing man? Yes.

Spell checker? No.

You guys need to get out more...

I use Rhino ramps to change the oil. (well - to raise the car...the ramps don't actually change the oil....) :hysterical:

Just ordered the Chrome tower caps from Roush.

And -- Caps from MGW for oil & radiator. :hyper:

Wifey has her Loew's paint - I need to check in on the Race. :shift:

Mastersmech doesn't need ramps - he has all that ground clearance....

Here's a few of the shelby and the mach 1

The Mach 1....not much space under this hood either :hysterical:

Hi cutter:

Nice photos. Looks like you have alot of grass for the kid to mow. Tell me about the Mach 1. How long have you had it. I bet your son wants it. Too much power for a kid, at least...most kids.

THEY ARE NOT CHROME they are polished aluminum. Very nice choice on oil and radiator caps...no I haven't ordered them or polished them yet.

Hey scgt...where can I buy those chrome covers?

:hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Just kidding dude...I'm trying to pick on someone other than RUF for a change.

Dave

Archived